Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM P7 Grill Available (limited), Righting a Wrong, F-Type Resource

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 02:26 PM
Received 377 Likes on 174 Posts
Default OEM P7 Grill Available (limited), Righting a Wrong, F-Type Resource

Check out this post over at the F-Type Owners Club FB Group I just posted:

This might be a long post, but worth the read for anyone who has been around for a while on this group or within the F-Type community. For those who had experiences with a company called Vehicle Revolution or Carl Bruganti, you will recall all the craziness that happened at that time. For those who didn’t, there is no need to rehash it call. I would just caution you to stay away from doing business with them.

Please do not use comments on this post to discuss VR, they will be removed. The purpose of this post is to correct a wrong with another member that was guilty by association, based in part to a conversation he and I had online last year.

Dud Ginn (Dudley Ginn) is the owner of Wraptor Customs in the UK. His website and YouTube channel can be found below. I have reinvited him back to this group, as we had the chance today to clear the air and I learned all about some facts related to Carl Bruganti and Vehicle Revolution that I was unaware of until today. Dud has completely separated himself from Carl and VR due to a series of unfortunate events and the purpose of this message is to reintroduce Dud as a resource for a lot of knowledge, products and services related to the F-Type platform. This is nothing to do with VR, other than to say, Dud is free and clear of any association.

I just had my own personal experience with Dud as well. I recently purchased my P7 OEM Grill Surround and Mesh from him. It came within one week (UK to US) and in perfect condition. He was able to source some of these, where no one else has them. If anyone is perhaps looking for one still, he still had 2 in stock of this post. They are not cheap, discontinued, but their price included shipping and no one else has them, so you gotta pay to play. There is a slight chance he could source more in the future, but I would allow him to discuss that with any individual or groups that would be interested. I am not trying to get involved in anything for sale related, as we restrict that here on the group.

As for the rest of what I learned today, none of those details really matter. What matters is that Dud seems like a stand-up guy, he used to work with JLR directly building the show cars used by JLR and perhaps could be of service to one of you. A quick search online will find some others who have used his services in the past and were quite pleased with the outcome. Feel free to message him directly with any questions, comments or feedback.

https://www.wraptorcustoms.com/

https://www.youtube.com/@wraptorcustoms

The following 4 users liked this post by skizot:
DJS (03-05-2024), JgaXkr (03-05-2024), PaulBarrrera (03-05-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-05-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 10:10 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Skizot,
After your info a couple days ago and this confirming post, I pulled the plug and ordered a P7 grill from Wraptor at the nice sum of $1452.00. Its more than I really wanted to spend but I'm also comfortable that my installer won't have to dick around for an extra 3 or 4 hours trying to get one of the knock-off units to fit. I appreciate your help!
Paul Barrera

The following 2 users liked this post by PaulBarrrera:
skizot (03-07-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 10:30 AM
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi Skizot ,
After our exchange, I too, ordered the original P7 grill. Dudley agreed to wrap the white grill in black gloss before sending, so my order could take a day or 2 more to process, but he did acknowledge receipt of my funds and told me he would send pics and shipping details when ready. It would be great to have a guy of his wealth of knowledge and contact to JLR here on the forum. Thanks for help facilitating this and welcome to the forum Dud!

The following 2 users liked this post by Dillweed:
skizot (03-07-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 01:01 PM
Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Question Dillweed ......

Hello Dillweed,
You stated that you ordered the front grill and you requested that it be wrapped in gloss black. Why do you want it wrapped in gloss black. Is this too eliminate the need to have the part painted?
I could be wrong but isn't it better just to have that piece to be painted for a more uniform look with the color of your car. Thanks for your response.

Old 03-06-2024, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Turko
Hello Dillweed,
You stated that you ordered the front grill and you requested that it be wrapped in gloss black. Why do you want it wrapped in gloss black. Is this too eliminate the need to have the part painted?
I could be wrong but isn't it better just to have that piece to be painted for a more uniform look with the color of your car. Thanks for your response.
I've seen pics of the P7 grill in both gloss black and painted the color of my car (Corris Gray). I think it looks great both ways, but making the trim ring black seems to visually enlarge the front grill overall (which I prefer). My car also has black trim and rims, so it should blend well visually. I guess it just boils down to a matter of taste in style. If I end up disliking it I can always peel the wrap and paint it Corris Gray.

Last edited by Dillweed; 03-06-2024 at 01:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dillweed:
PaulBarrrera (03-06-2024), Turko (03-06-2024)
Old 03-06-2024, 02:07 PM
Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Dillweed ....

I appreciate your reply and it does make sense what you've written. I do have one last question please, how come you just didn't decide to paint black but you chose to wrap in black color.

The reason why I'm asking I've been monitoring the project seven grille threads forever. But as we know up to now the project seven grill has been a failure regarding securing one from a supplier.

I have a 2017 F-Type R coupe, Storm Gray with all black trim. So if I were to get the project seven grille the way you did, I would just simply get it sprayed black and just skip the wrapping of the grill. So I'm a bit confused and I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. Look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Old 03-06-2024, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Turko
I appreciate your reply and it does make sense what you've written. I do have one last question please, how come you just didn't decide to paint black but you chose to wrap in black color.

The reason why I'm asking I've been monitoring the project seven grille threads forever. But as we know up to now the project seven grill has been a failure regarding securing one from a supplier.

I have a 2017 F-Type R coupe, Storm Gray with all black trim. So if I were to get the project seven grille the way you did, I would just simply get it sprayed black and just skip the wrapping of the grill. So I'm a bit confused and I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. Look forward to your reply. Thank you.
I chose to have it wrapped because Dudley offered it as an option and I figured it would likely be a bit more resistant to stone chips than paint alone (I could be wrong, but time will tell) -- it was also a lot cheaper and more convenient than having it professionally painted and then taken to another shop for PPF.

Old 03-06-2024, 03:16 PM
Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Good luck on the upgrade

Originally Posted by Dillweed
I chose to have it wrapped because Dudley offered it as an option and I figured it would likely be a bit more resistant to stone chips than paint alone (I could be wrong, but time will tell) -- it was also a lot cheaper and more convenient than having it professionally painted and then taken to another shop for PPF.

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 03-06-2024 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 09:50 AM

No problem guys. My gut tells me he is a good guy. He has too much public facing access (shop in UK, YouTube channel, etc) to be screwing people over. Not to mention, he has been screwed over directly and I am pretty certain he is not in the business of doing the same.

The following 2 users liked this post by skizot:
JacksonvilleJag (03-14-2024), PaulBarrrera (03-07-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 12:51 PM

GREAT JOB, Dudley! The wrap looks excellent, and Dud went the extra mile and installed the parking sensor plinths, too.

The following users liked this post:
PaulBarrrera (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dillweed
GREAT JOB, Dudley! The wrap looks excellent, and Dud went the extra mile and installed the parking sensor plinths, too.
nice! It came fast.

The following 2 users liked this post by skizot:
JacksonvilleJag (03-14-2024), PaulBarrrera (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 02:44 PM

Yeah, Really fast. That looks great! I guess I should expect mine in the next day or so. I just got a gloss black center logo in this morning. Thanks again skizot for the info on aquiring the real thing. FWIW, I passed on to Dudley that you were responsible for me contacting him.

Last edited by PaulBarrrera; 03-12-2024 at 02:47 PM.
JacksonvilleJag (03-14-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

I’m lucky I’ve an OEM P7 grill

PaulBarrrera (03-12-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 07:04 PM

Hey Powerhouse; these are OEM P7 grills we are speaking about. We happen to be lucky, just like you!

JacksonvilleJag (03-14-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PaulBarrrera
Hey Powerhouse; these are OEM P7 grills we are speaking about. We happen to be lucky, just like you!
Didnt know there was any factory P7 grills left to buy only copies

Old 03-14-2024, 11:08 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Thanks to Scott, I got one as well. Just arrived yesterday. Unfortunately it’ll probably be a while before I get an opportunity to install it.

Old 03-14-2024, 02:27 PM
Received 98 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey there JackonvilleJag, thought you might have sold the orange beast. You've been MIA awhile, hope all is well.

Old 03-14-2024, 02:41 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I’m lucky I’ve an OEM P7 grill

Looking great! Where did you get the center logo from? Are there options for different color combo?

Did you install the grill yourself? If so, how long did it take you?

Old 03-14-2024, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JagFR
Looking great! Where did you get the center logo from? Are there options for different color combo?

Did you install the grill yourself? If so, how long did it take you?
takes about 2hrs to fits straight forward, but loads of bolts and screws, it just clipped in, when your bumper is off you have to remove the foam from the cross bar, I sprayed mine black and you can’t see it from behind, the badge I did myself , sprayed my chrome one that I took off.

Old 03-14-2024, 03:24 PM
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
takes about 2hrs to fits straight forward, but loads of bolts and screws, it just clipped in, when your bumper is off you have to remove the foam from the cross bar, I sprayed mine black and you can’t see it from behind, the badge I did myself , sprayed my chrome one that I took off.
Thanks! I've reached out to see if there are more available. How's the grill quality? As for the badge, impressive how you got the "Jaguar" covered in red. I wouldn't be able to cover that.

Quick Reply: OEM P7 Grill Available (limited), Righting a Wrong, F-Type Resource