F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 05:52 PM
Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeaaaa- that's freaking sweeeeettttttt........

Old 12-24-2019, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Fast & furious...

Old 12-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Big thumbs up on that glossy orange wrap. Love it.

Old 12-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by vika01:
BruceTheQuail (12-25-2019), Cr33pin (04-29-2020)
Old 12-26-2019, 07:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It does look black in bad lighting but outside it's glorious. It's the V8 AWD. I'm going through my mid-life "I wanna go fast" phase, so V6 wasn't an option.

Old 12-26-2019, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wink5
It does look black in bad lighting but outside it's glorious. It's the V8 AWD. I'm going through my mid-life "I wanna go fast" phase, so V6 wasn't an option.
Just be careful man. Word of advice. I went through a mid life crisis about a year and a half ago and I'm losing my wife to it as I type this. I never cheated. However I lied , partied, betrayed and was full of deception. I emotionally scarred her. She suffered the last year and half now trying to put it behind her because she loved me. Present day she just can't move on and she is sick of fighting her feelings and always thinking about what happened. She's just not happy and hasn't been for some time now. This women is the ace in the hole and I ****ed it up and its something I'll have to live with the rest of my life. Worst part is I've made the changes and i've been great to her for quite a while now. Her love is lost. My heart is broken!!!!
In short man go fast in that car and have a blast, don't be a moron like me. Now I pay the ultimate price. Thank God I have my kids who I love more then anything in this world. Then there is my R that makes me very happy as well. My soul mate however is lost.
Saddest thing in the world and I have myself to blame!

Sorry to vent man. I read your post and it triggered my emotions.....congrats !!

Old 12-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FIRE550
Just be careful man. Word of advice. I went through a mid life crisis about a year and a half ago and I'm losing my wife to it as I type this. I never cheated. However I lied , partied, betrayed and was full of deception. I emotionally scarred her. She suffered the last year and half now trying to put it behind her because she loved me. Present day she just can't move on and she is sick of fighting her feelings and always thinking about what happened. She's just not happy and hasn't been for some time now. This women is the ace in the hole and I ****ed it up and its something I'll have to live with the rest of my life. Worst part is I've made the changes and i've been great to her for quite a while now. Her love is lost. My heart is broken!!!!
In short man go fast in that car and have a blast, don't be a moron like me. Now I pay the ultimate price. Thank God I have my kids who I love more then anything in this world. Then there is my R that makes me very happy as well. My soul mate however is lost.

Sorry to vent man. I read your post and it triggered my emotions.....congrats !!
Appreciate the advice. Luckily I'm boring, and the majority of my crisis is my increasing anger as I drive behind slow people and kids in Scion's cutting in front of me. So at the moment my mid-life is made up of "wanna go fast" and now "sit in the garage and stare"....that exhaust sound is growing on me though!

Old 12-26-2019, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 861 Posts

Man, there’s a reality check if ever there was one. I don’t post very often but my heart goes out to you—glad you came to your realization (better late than never)—and wish you the very best of luck. Money/Cars/Material possessions pale in comparison and can/will never be the source of true happiness.

Again, I wish you health, happiness (and continued self-awareness) in 2020 and beyond.
RJ52

Old 12-26-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Man, there’s a reality check if ever there was one. I don’t post very often but my heart goes out to you—glad you came to your realization (better late than never)—and wish you the very best of luck. Money/Cars/Material possessions pale in comparison and can/will never be the source of true happiness.

Again, I wish you health, happiness (and continued self-awareness) in 2020 and beyond.
RJ52
I appreciate your reply and your post. Especially considering you don't post much.

I was a child, a scum, a liar. I always believed in this world you get back what you do - ten fold. Big believer of karma.
I'm finally the man I should of been in life and to my wife. Not a partying attention seeking ***** that I strived to be.
So again thank you for the warm wishes but I don't deserve them. I did this to myself !
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you and your family !
Thank you.

Old 12-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

No doubt man - haha. Got extremely LUCKY finding this and with such low mileage and on top of that a "different" kind of color! Love it dearly.
Car is flawless though - even the wheel barrels are immaculate !
Only issue is my passenger side alignment of the hood and bumper is off slightly. Driver side is fine. I'm mechanically inclined but I'm having my buddy who owns a body shop make the adjustments. Gotta feeling he is going to have to fool with the bumper to - not just them hexagon hood adjustments that go up and down.

I almost wish you hadn't posted this picture of hood/fender misalignment, because heretofore I had not noticed the same condition on mine. Please post your results in having the issue resolved.

Old 12-26-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
I almost wish you hadn't posted this picture of hood/fender misalignment, because heretofore I had not noticed the same condition on mine. Please post your results in having the issue resolved.
Unfortunately my car is up for the winter. Don't be alarmed though. I have done much research on this and it is very common. Jaguar even put out a bulletin on it for 2014 and to current F Types. I will post it below, once I find it on my phone.
The good news is that it can be fixed and adjusted correctly. A lot of these cars came out of spec from manufacturing unfortunately. You can bring it to your Jaguar dealership of choice and they should be able to get it right for you. Me I'm bringing mine to my buddy who is a phenomenal body man and who owns his own shop for 30+ years. He's meticulous and ocd like me. If anyone can get it right it his him. Jaguar will do it for free though I would assume under warranty.
I will message you in time and let you know of my results. That may be sooner then later to if I could catch a nice day.
Good luck man !

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fender Align (1).pdf (1.35 MB, 53 views)
Old 12-26-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

Unfortunately my car is up for the winter. Don't be alarmed though. I have done much research on this and it is very common. Jaguar even put out a bulletin on it for 2014 and to current F Types. I will post it below, once I find it on my phone.
The good news is that it can be fixed and adjusted correctly. A lot of these cars came out of spec from manufacturing unfortunately. You can bring it to your Jaguar dealership of choice and they should be able to get it right for you. Me I'm bringing mine to my buddy who is a phenomenal body man and who owns his own shop for 30+ years. He's meticulous and ocd like me. If anyone can get it right it his him. Jaguar will do it for free though I would assume under warranty.
I will message you in time and let you know of my results. That may be sooner then later to if I could catch a nice day.
Good luck man !
Thanks for that; very kind of you to go to such lengths.
I'll see if my dealer thinks the adjustments are still covered under warranty, or more accurately an exception to the normal warranty on such things. I'm past the 12 month coverage and coming up on my two year service so I'll save it til then. I may even give it a shot myself given the care and attention to detail usually offered by the only dealer near me.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:38 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,123 Likes on 1,418 Posts

...Jaguar even put out a bulletin on it for 2014 and to current F Types. I will post it below, once I find it on my phone...
Thanks for the document - added it to my Dropbox repository of F-type docs. Feel free to read/copy what you like, grabbed most of these off this forum.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgv3e86yc...glFoM3xOa?dl=0

Old 12-26-2019, 06:54 PM

Thanks for that; very kind of you to go to such lengths.
I'll see if my dealer thinks the adjustments are still covered under warranty, or more accurately an exception to the normal warranty on such things. I'm past the 12 month coverage and coming up on my two year service so I'll save it til then. I may even give it a shot myself given the care and attention to detail usually offered by the only dealer near me.
Anytime buddy.
My R is a 2016 and I still have warranty left on it till July of next year.
I told you I was having my friend do it but for a goof after I was done typing the message I did to you earlier. I called the local Jaguar dealership and spoke to the service manager. To my surprise it is covered and they were familiar with the bulletin. The body shop they out source to has done quite a few of them.
So as much as I want my buddy to do this , I may just go to the dealership where its free and known. Even though he's my buddy I will still have to pay him something. Money is not a big deal but I like the fact that they have corrected this on other F Types.
I have an arsenal of cleaning products, including a under body chassis cleaner that hooks up to my power washer. So as long as the whether stays decent like it has been. Then I will be going up next week.
So stay tuned buddy, I will report back on the matter.

Old 12-26-2019, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
Thanks for the document - added it to my Dropbox repository of F-type docs. Feel free to read/copy what you like, grabbed most of these off this forum.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wgv3e86yc...glFoM3xOa?dl=0
Awesome! Thank you much !

Old 12-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Lightbulb

It’s easy to fix this... just open the hood and turn the screw adjustments until the gap is even. There’s an adjuster knob on each side.

Old 12-26-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mark G
It’s easy to fix this... just open the hood and turn the screw adjustments until the gap is even. There’s an adjuster knob on each side.
I wish it were that easy but unfortunately its not. Getting the hood to line up with the bumper to raise up involves twisting the hexagon screws upward to much. So much that it knocks other alignment to the hood, fenders and bumper off significantly. No my friend, in this case with my car and fuji's, bumper adjustment will be needed too. Ask me how I know? LOL ....
It is why there is a 28 page bulletin on it!

Last edited by FIRE550; 12-26-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:37 PM
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Congrats Fire550, you're gonna really enjoy this ride. I'll be interested in how you compare it to your muscle cars. Depending on your experience with them, you might want to take it easy for a 1000 miles or so, because this car will impress you.

Old 12-26-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by 16fnrbrg
Congrats Fire550, you're gonna really enjoy this ride. I'll be interested in how you compare it to your muscle cars. Depending on your experience with them, you might want to take it easy for a 1000 miles or so, because this car will impress you.
Thank you much! Appreciate the warm welcome. I've had the best of the best for American muscle. I am no stranger to horsepower and speed. I've had applications as high as 789 rwhp (in my hellcat). My last car, the ZL1 was stock but had 650hp/650 tq. Actually the stats on the Jag for 0-60 and the quarter mile are identical on the two cars. You are right about that it will impress me. First exotic ever and I'm in love. I can't see myself going back ever now!

Old 12-29-2019, 06:33 PM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Quick Reply: Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread