Sponsored by:

Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Yes, but its a XKS-R not a F-Type.
I was about to ask if anyone figured out of the XKR-S Spoiler could be fitted on the F-Type. I think it looks amazing!

The spoiler on the F-Type is weak...

Old 03-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

A few of my favorite photos from our SF Bay Area drive through the backroads:

The following 4 users liked this post by shift:
burnie (03-25-2015), Lovemonet (03-27-2015), LynxFX (03-24-2015), OzRisk (03-24-2015)
Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,109 Likes on 1,408 Posts

You definitely needed a shot of the firesand, purple and blue F-types next to each other. No LSD required...

Old 03-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 251 Likes on 140 Posts

Great colors (the cars) and gorgeous scenery! Nice!

Old 03-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
I was about to ask if anyone figured out of the XKR-S Spoiler could be fitted on the F-Type. I think it looks amazing!

The spoiler on the F-Type is weak...
+1

Couldnt agree more! Seems a bit of an afterthought.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rollin', rollin', rollin'....

The following 3 users liked this post by OzRisk:
burnie (03-25-2015), FtypeRRR (03-27-2015), Schwabe (04-13-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 12:11 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

New member here. Only one photo so far, though I think it's because I don't want to quit driving. Thanks everyone for the information here. It's a huge help.

Attached Thumbnails Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread-img_2823.jpg  
Old 03-27-2015, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by dwoodard
New member here. Only one photo so far, though I think it's because I don't want to quit driving. Thanks everyone for the information here. It's a huge help.

Your car is beautiful, and it's very refreshing to see a black car with chrome accents and silver wheels. I like it very much, and welcome to the F-Type forum!

The following users liked this post:
dwoodard (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 07:42 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,109 Likes on 1,408 Posts

+1. I was just going to say the same thing - the chrome and black looks great.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:32 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, guys. I will say that I got lucky as what I wanted seemed to align with what the dealership could find.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Sunday Morning

Such a beautiful morning... I thought I'd share.

Attached Thumbnails Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread-20150404_155526_resized.jpg   Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread-20150404_155508_resized.jpg   Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread-20150404_155545_resized.jpg  
Old 04-07-2015, 12:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Took my baby out for a drive this weekend - State Capitol building in Olympia WA.

Attached Thumbnails Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread-wp_20150405_12_45_38_pro.jpg   Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread-wp_20150405_12_38_19_pro.jpg   Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread-wp_20150405_12_45_04_pro.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by rav1up:
Crovax (04-08-2015), LynxFX (04-07-2015)
Old 04-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Very nice photo's. Makes me want to visit your city! That photo in the car park from the rear right quarter is a particularly good at highlighting the lines of the car.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

At 1500 miles now in under a month. Just went out yesterday and hammered state road 60. Picture is overlooking the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side from that trip.

I must admit, I am quite displeased with all of the reviews on this car saying how eager it is to throw it's tail out and get sideways. With how many times I read that, I was a bit worried that I had purchased a drift machine. The twisting road yesterday proved that to be quite false. I will not print the speeds that I was driving at, but I will say that the speed limit for the road was 30-35 mph and I was pushing the car. Hard. It just grips and grips, you just have to drive it unlike a car reviewer apparently, ie foot to the floor 100% of the time. The traction control never once stepped in or intervened.

I am seriously impressed by the capabilities of this car.

FYI, the road that I was on was basically deserted, ran up and down it and only met 2 cars and passed 1 in 40 miles all told.

The following 3 users liked this post by Adam B:
2015 XJR L (03-07-2023), LynxFX (04-07-2015), Schwabe (04-13-2015)
Old 04-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam B
At 1500 miles now in under a month. Just went out yesterday and hammered state road 60. Picture is overlooking the Mississippi River on the Wisconsin side from that trip.

I must admit, I am quite displeased with all of the reviews on this car saying how eager it is to throw it's tail out and get sideways. With how many times I read that, I was a bit worried that I had purchased a drift machine. The twisting road yesterday proved that to be quite false. I will not print the speeds that I was driving at, but I will say that the speed limit for the road was 30-35 mph and I was pushing the car. Hard. It just grips and grips, you just have to drive it unlike a car reviewer apparently, ie foot to the floor 100% of the time. The traction control never once stepped in or intervened.

FYI, the road that I was on was basically deserted, ran up and down it and only met 2 cars and passed 1 in 40 miles all told.

Beautiful car! Looks like the same configuration as my 2016 I'm waiting for. Same color, wheels, and black pack! Great taste!

Adam B (04-07-2015)
Old 04-07-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by OzRisk
Very nice photo's. Makes me want to visit your city! That photo in the car park from the rear right quarter is a particularly good at highlighting the lines of the car.
Absolutely agree! Just amazes me how one person conceived this symphony of lines to create a machine that tugs your heart when on the outside and on the inside. Literally the best decision of my life!

Yes, WA has many really beautiful places. And this State Capitol building is one of the highlights.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:16 PM

This pic shows the dual tone nature of this paint (see the bonnet and side rear). It really grabbed my attention when I saw it on the showroom floor. But Red was too much attention for me to handle.

Adam B (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Veteran Member

I totally agree with you Adam. As mentioned in another thread, I had the joy of taking my F Type R away camping for 10 days up to Easter, and had the opportunity to do my favourite 33km hill climb route 7 times during that period.

Similarly, I will not articulate the speeds reached (the whole route is an 80 kmh limit, and I can confidently say the F Type can well exceed that limit).

I regularly used my G Meter under the Dynamic-i menu (or is that i-Dynamic - I forget), and registered 1.23g around a 30kmh hairpin (at something significantly quicker than 30kmh!) without losing the back end (or perhaps the tiniest bit of slippage, but nothing like the crazy reviewer videos).

Sure, if you want to break it loose, you can do that easily, but you can also get extraordinary performance and road handling if you drive it "properly".

I loved it, and the road handling and sheer fun exceeded anything I got from my AWD quattro RS5 on the same route in previous years.

The following 2 users liked this post by OzRisk:
Adam B (04-08-2015), Schwabe (04-13-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts
Default New F-Type S coupe - South Africa

Ordered a '16 S Coupe in November, it built in late Feb and arrived down south a month later.

Can't wipe the smile off my dial.

Been a lurker on the forum but took a lot of advice from you folk - worked out well.

Name:  image.jpg5_zpsp6oibdz3.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  320.8 KB

Name:  image.jpg4_zpsabov3asq.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  183.2 KB

The hardtop works best for me.

A few thoughts & observations.

The V6 S is all I need power-wise, the V8 monster would get me into more trouble than I can afford.

Rhodium rocks - doesn't carry dirt too bad, shows the lines well.

The 20 inch wheels are best (for me). The ride, even in Dynamic (why would you use another mode except if it's wet?) is fine. The Turbines turned out OK with the silver body color.

Essential to have the camera and sensor. Crazy not to go for the powered tail-gate.

They've upped the cluster display on the '16's

Name:  image.jpg1_zpsd1knpsaj.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  106.0 KB

Looks neat. The multifunction screen looks like it's been upped on the pixel side as well, clearer and crisper than earlier models, with a faster processor (virtually no lag).

My only beef to date was a beep I couldn't kill for the first 2 days - they had the POI beep set on the Nav system - I thought it was a fault, happy to see that go.

Definitely going to take the advice to disconnect the battery on the Auto Stop/Start - why would you want that on a ride like this?

Also taking your advice and wrapping the front and sides in a VPS-type clear protective layer - not a bad price compared to prices quoted in the US.

Having a blast learning to drive her. Sport mode on the shift works well and has by far the best set-up but my favorite is paddling her in normal, Dynamic. When I found the snort on the upshift accelerating between 2nd and 3rd and up to 4th I knew I'd found heaven.

My take is that this a great car for the price - it's all I need.

Thanks for the guidance.

Last edited by 4Holer; 04-08-2015 at 07:58 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 4Holer:
burnie (04-09-2015), DuhCar (04-09-2015), dwmilton (06-23-2020)
Old 04-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 4Holer
Ordered a '16 S Coupe in November, it built in late Feb and arrived down south a month later.

Can't wipe the smile off my dial.

Been a lurker on the forum but took a lot of advice from you folk - worked out well.

The hardtop works best for me.

A few thoughts & observations.

The V6 S is all I need power-wise, the V8 monster would get me into more trouble than I can afford.

Rhodium rocks - doesn't carry dirt too bad, shows the lines well.

The 20 inch wheels are best (for me). The ride, even in Dynamic (why would you use another mode except if it's wet?) is fine. The Turbines turned out OK with the silver body color.

Essential to have the camera and sensor. Crazy not to go for the powered tail-gate.

They've upped the cluster display on the '16's

Looks neat. The multifunction screen looks like it's been upped on the pixel side as well, clearer and crisper than earlier models, with a faster processor (virtually no lag).

My only beef to date was a beep I couldn't kill for the first 2 days - they had the POI beep set on the Nav system - I thought it was a fault, happy to see that go.

Definitely going to take the advice to disconnect the battery on the Auto Stop/Start - why would you want that on a ride like this?

Also taking your advice and wrapping the front and sides in a VPS-type clear protective layer - not a bad price compared to prices quoted in the US.

Having a blast learning to drive her. Sport mode on the shift works well and has by far the best set-up but my favorite is paddling her in normal, Dynamic. When I found the snort on the upshift accelerating between 2nd and 3rd and up to 4th I knew I'd found heaven.

My take is that this a great car for the price - it's all I need.

Thanks for the guidance.
Hey, 4holer... that's a great looking car, and that top photo is especially good! The rhodium silver really works in that setting!

I'm pretty jealous about that new instrument cluster. That is a vast improvement of the previous one - really modern and high tech. I wish it was able to be retrospectively upgraded (I'll be in the service department tomorrow, so will ask, but I dont like my chances).

Enjoy your new car - beautiful!

Cheers,
Oz

Quick Reply: Official Jaguar F-Type Picture Post Thread