F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
Had a similar issue with my new to me 2017 premium. Noticed that pass. side light/fender stuck out and gap between light assembly was wider than dr. side. Found I could push in light assembly and took a look inside fender well. There are 2 plugs in the upper well that cover access to the two fender bolts that hold the light assembly. A look in with exam mirror showed neither of the two bolts in place. Plus no "washer" scrape indicating any fastener had ever been there. Bought two fender bolts from dealer, had husband press in light assembly, and got the bolts in and tightened. That side now aligned. Gap between hood/ bonnet consistent with driver side.
Had the same issue - Previous owner had a bump and replaced headlight and sprayed bumper - I thought clips were missing so bought a new bracket and realized the bolts were missing. *******s at Jaguar in SA wouldn't return the 65 pound part.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (04-11-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Valerie Stabenow
Had a similar issue with my new to me 2017 premium. Noticed that pass. side light/fender stuck out and gap between light assembly was wider than dr. side. Found I could push in light assembly and took a look inside fender well. There are 2 plugs in the upper well that cover access to the two fender bolts that hold the light assembly. A look in with exam mirror showed neither of the two bolts in place. Plus no "washer" scrape indicating any fastener had ever been there. Bought two fender bolts from dealer, had husband press in light assembly, and got the bolts in and tightened. That side now aligned. Gap between hood/ bonnet consistent with driver side.
Years ago now and I'd forgotten, but I had the bolts loosen and fall out at the rear of the driver's side headlight. One had enough room to jump ship, the other was trapped by the plug. I noticed it because the headlight beam was jiggling in certain parts of my commute. I ordered a replacement bolt and told the parts department that I shouldn't have to pay for it. They agreed.

Old 04-23-2021, 01:06 PM
Received 89 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Engine Failure

Originally Posted by jjones
My 2014 F type V8S roadster I bought new when they first came out is currently receiving its third engine. At 32k the original unmodified engine ate something and there was metal in the oil filter. Jaguar replaced entire motor. 7K miles after that replacement, the replacement motor experienced a similar engine noise and again there is metal in the oil filter and Jaguar will again replace the entire motor. Its a great looking and very fun to drive car but if I have to change engines every time I change rear tires (I get about 10k out of a set) it will get a bit tedious. The car is my daily driver and usually I put on only about 18 miles a day going and coming from work. I will say that throughout the process Jaguar and the dealer have been very accommodating. However with all the cars I have owned, I have never had two engine failures. I can't help thinking that there is defect somewhere, perhaps an oiling problem that the sensors do not pick up? or am I just unlucky?
Did they replace the oil cooler and all its lines when the replaced the first engine? If they didn't replace it (ignored it or tried to "flush" it) then the second engine may have failed do to debris from the first failure remaining in the oil cooling system.

Last edited by Michael211; 04-23-2021 at 03:00 PM.
kb58 (04-07-2022)
Old 07-18-2021, 05:48 AM
Received 83 Likes on 28 Posts

Window trim peeled up, detached, on both side due to the age glue.....

Attached Files
File Type: mov
648290909.367771.mov (1.60 MB, 69 views)
Old 08-10-2021, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough exhaust note/loss of throttle power/Check engine light

I've had this recurring issue with my F-Type S. There is a loss of throttle power and the check engine light comes on. In idle, the engine sounds very rough and sometimes shakes the chassis. I've had this in to be repaired several times. Each time it seems to be a different fix. But then the problem comes back a couple of months later. Has anyone had this issue?

Old 08-10-2021, 11:56 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,480 Likes on 1,120 Posts

How many miles? Any codes to go with the CEL?

Old 08-10-2021, 01:18 PM

26,000 miles No codes.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Default 2018 F Type

Originally Posted by DJS
When I put my car in park, sometimes it shuts off the ignition without me touching the Start button, meaning I have to turn the ignition back on to adjust windows, roof, radio, etc.

Doesn't do this in Dynamic Mode, or with ECO mode turned off. I believe I've been told there's a firmware fix for this.
My car does the same.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Thats auto start/stop. Switch it of (every time you start) by pressing the " A " in the center console, near the RH seat..

Old 09-24-2021, 07:41 AM
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

2016 F-Type R - First off, this car is just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Issues:
The center infotainment system reboots randomly. I lose the audio, nav, and phone connection. Six or so seconds later it comes back on. The software was updated a year ago and it fixed it… for about 7 months.

The inside moonroof cover came off the rails. I fixed it myself.

That is all!

Old 09-24-2021, 07:49 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

That was an ancient post of mine, before I understood the nuances of the ECO start/stop system. Taking your seatbelt off after coming to a stop, before turning off the ignition, would result in a complete shutdown.

My 2nd battery has been dead for a few years (finally removed it last weekend, saves 12 lbs), so it’s no longer an issue for me - ECO is permanently disabled.

Mbourne (09-24-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 11:14 AM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Brand new 2021 F type R, already have gremlins

I have less than 100 miles on the car. Blind spot monitoring refuses to work at any speed. Just have the two amber lights in each mirror indicating it isnt active. Worked once after shutting the car off and restarting.

Another weird issue today. Started the car, backed out of garage, put the car in park to get out and grab something I forgot and the car shut off completely. when I hit the park button. No warning messages or anything. Wtf?

Old 10-04-2021, 11:51 AM
scm
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cgo
Another weird issue today. Started the car, backed out of garage, put the car in park to get out and grab something I forgot and the car shut off completely. when I hit the park button. No warning messages or anything. Wtf?
Was Stop/Start active? From my 2018 handbook: "if Park (P) is selected the driver exit feature switches the vehicle's ignition off if the following conditions exist:
1. the driver's seat belt is unbuckled,
2. the driver's door is opened."

So, working as designed?

Old 10-04-2021, 12:05 PM
Cgo

Originally Posted by scm
Was Stop/Start active? From my 2018 handbook: "if Park (P) is selected the driver exit feature switches the vehicle's ignition off if the following conditions exist:
1. the driver's seat belt is unbuckled,
2. the driver's door is opened."

So, working as designed?
What?! Lol that's ridiculous. So, if you park your car while running, un buckle and open the door it shuts off? Come on baby sitters.

My manual says this:If Drive (D), Sport (S), or Neutral (N) is selected, the driver exit feature switches the vehicle’s ignition off when the following conditions exist:
  • The driver’s seat belt is unbuckled, and:
  • The brake pedal is released.
If Park (P) is selected, the driver exit feature switches the vehicle’s ignition off when the driver's seat belt is unbuckled.

So, because I put it in park and removed my seat belt, it shut off. Too many nannies!!

Last edited by Cgo; 10-04-2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:28 PM
scm
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cgo
So, because I put it in park and removed my seat belt, it shut off. Too many nannies!!
Well, if you're happy with the nanny that's stop/start you must expect consequences. Just turn off stop/start and the car behaves "properly" .

Last edited by scm; 10-04-2021 at 01:30 PM.
Cgo (10-04-2021)
Old 10-04-2021, 03:56 PM
Cgo

Originally Posted by scm
Well, if you're happy with the nanny that's stop/start you must expect consequences. Just turn off stop/start and the car behaves "properly" .
no biggie. However I'm pretty disappointed after paying this much for a premium sports car that the BSM doesnt work. That was an option too. Should have just went wihout it. Looks like a trip to the dealer...

Old 10-05-2021, 01:13 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Then you'd be double disappointed in the problems Ferarri, Lamborghini, and Aston Martin have. BSM isn't really a common problem, but does happen occasionally due to weather, dirt, etc. Haven't had any real issues with the F Type, but it faults all the time on my Tahoe company vehicle.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:56 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
no biggie. However I'm pretty disappointed after paying this much for a premium sports car that the BSM doesnt work. That was an option too. Should have just went wihout it. Looks like a trip to the dealer...
Double check all of your settings including the switch on the lower left of the dash for the Lane Keep Assist feature. I forget exactly what the combinations are but the BSM interfaces with the LKA feature and Steering Assist feature. You may have some combination selected that stops the BSM icons from coming on.

And of course there's the chance that the system is defective too. When I got my new 2021 home, the first two things I did was pull the connector to disable the engine start/stop and remove the front license plate and brackets. Pulling the start/stop connector only takes a few seconds.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
Making a car into 32 computers means that there isn't a human on the road that doesn't have to go back to the dealer more often than we used to. I dislike that but I like the modern conveniences so it's a trade-off

My autonomous features like lane warning and all that stuff started acting glitchy when one of the cameras in the blind spot monitoring rearview mirror stopped working. I'm a gambling man, but I'm not a smart one, so if you want to take that bet, I bet it's a camera being out that is making blind spot being faulty.

Old 10-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Cgo

Originally Posted by Dwight Frye
Double check all of your settings including the switch on the lower left of the dash for the Lane Keep Assist feature. I forget exactly what the combinations are but the BSM interfaces with the LKA feature and Steering Assist feature. You may have some combination selected that stops the BSM icons from coming on.

And of course there's the chance that the system is defective too. When I got my new 2021 home, the first two things I did was pull the connector to disable the engine start/stop and remove the front license plate and brackets. Pulling the start/stop connector only takes a few seconds.
Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Making a car into 32 computers means that there isn't a human on the road that doesn't have to go back to the dealer more often than we used to. I dislike that but I like the modern conveniences so it's a trade-off

My autonomous features like lane warning and all that stuff started acting glitchy when one of the cameras in the blind spot monitoring rearview mirror stopped working. I'm a gambling man, but I'm not a smart one, so if you want to take that bet, I bet it's a camera being out that is making blind spot being faulty.
I checked all the settings. It worked a couple times but its random. Mostly doesnt work. Settings havent changed. I cant locate the LKA switch. Not sure if they removed it on the 21s but I access LKA, BSM, and steering nannies from the center console menu.

Wouldnt doubt it's a camera with a loose connection or faulty.

Quick Reply: Official Sticky Thread For Known Issues