F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change price quote from dealer ....

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM
Received 256 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Oil change price quote from dealer ....

Hey guys,
We just called my local Jaguar dealer to get a price quote before an oil change for the Jaguar F-Type sports car. I did not even get it to specifics as to whether it's a V6 or V8 or a 4-cylinder. The girl at the service department immediately told me it's $400 for an oil change.

Hahahaha ....... 🤣

The dealership is delusional !!

Last edited by Turko; Yesterday at 02:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HyltofWills (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM
Received 341 Likes on 212 Posts
Default And easy to do ourselves

A lot different oil change compared to my vintage brits, but easier and practically no mess. No oil running down your arm from the filter or pan bolt. No fighting with the canister as on an E. Needs super specific oil, but $120 USD gets it done.

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts

To be fair, an oil change at the Porsche dealership on my V6 Cayenne was $450 pre pandemic. The waiting room was very nice and there was a window into the very clean shop. Just saying, $400 is not a JLR specific ripoff.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts

No doubt JLR is on par with other luxury brands, but it doesn’t make the price any less ridiculous. I have a hard time subscribing to the idea of paying luxury tax for something as basic as an oil change just because it’s a luxury brand. It just rubs me the wrong way. It doesn’t matter whether I can afford it or not, I just don’t like the idea of being overcharged just because…And that’s exactly what this is…Just because they can…Oh, he could afford this expensive car so clearly we can just overcharge for whatever…Don’t like this mentality…

They are in the business of making money and they’re not our friend. They must have enough people willing to pay.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

My independent does it for $120, but our Maser is $240.

Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

From what I've seen on Youtube it doesn't look easy for a properly complete oil change on the F-Type.

Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by TangledThorns
From what I've seen on Youtube it doesn't look easy for a properly complete oil change on the F-Type.
Why would you say that? It’s dead easy with a pump from the top, and it’s fully equivalent to getting it from the bottom of the car. If done properly you will get the same amount of oil out both ways.

Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Easiest oil change of any car I've ever owned. Filter unscrews from the top and drops right out. Extraction of oil via the sump tube under the oil cap into my pump. Takes about 5 minutes, and not a drop of oil spilled. Bonus: my pump collects the oil into a calibrated reservoir and I see exactly how much was removed. Makes refill idiot proof.

Last edited by diablo2112; Yesterday at 11:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jcb-memphis (Yesterday)
Old Today, 03:28 AM
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts

Dealership extracts it from the top.

They also do a multipoint inspection which requires lifting the car. They bill it as a benefit to the car owner and I suppose it is to most who are rather unaware of their vehicle but really it’s just a gravy sniff to see what else they can sell you. They do a short little video of the things they have found.

There’s no way in heck I’d run my Jags through a quickie oil change shop. It’s just too easy to DIY. Which is good ‘cause there’s also no way I’m running a 16,000 mile service interval. That’s just crazy talk.