F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One year in with my R

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Default One year in with my R

I've clicked over the one year mark on my F-Type R and thought i would share my thoughts as i look back:

- That exhaust sound...ohhh, that sound. never gets old
- Still one of, if not THE, sexiest cars on the road (i hear this often from others)
- Stereo is very sub-par, but, see #1 above (who cares, really...)
- It is a hoot at the drag strip. easily sub 12 sec 'out of the box' and surprises many (my best is a 11.73)
- Fun at the track, but it is not particularly well suited as a track-star (just too heavy). it would be a SERIOUSLY fun car on-track if 500lbs lighter (that is a lot of weight to shave...not going to get there with some CF add-ons)
- Still a relatively rare car to see on the road. given the sales numbers, it makes sense. but i have personally seen very few R's on the road
- the most fun car i have ever owned (fun= just the overall feeling i get from driving it, not necessarily the best at any one thing). puts a smile (and giggle) on my face every time. (have owned 4 porsches previously)
- Horrible visibility (front corners, rear blind spots, rearview mirror, etc.)
- SO glad i got the RWD (prob increases the value some on the resale market)
- I'm pleasantly surprised by the build quality (jag reputation and first year of the R)
- The car gets tons of compliments (fwiw). almost always involving the word 'beautiful'
- a very big 'bang for the buck' car, in my opinion (corvette is another that comes to mind in this category)
- i need to do a good road trip in the
- That exhaust note....nothing like it!!! why drive in anything but dynamic mode??

I'm very happy with my decision (admittedly, it was a bit of a flier when i went for it)! I can't wait for my second year with the kitty cat...

The following 2 users liked this post by FtypeRRR:
pistol (02-26-2016), PolkNole (02-26-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm glad you like it so much

Old 02-25-2016, 11:18 PM
BMo
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Old 02-25-2016, 11:25 PM
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeRRR
I've clicked over the one year mark on my F-Type R and thought i would share my thoughts as i look back:

- That exhaust sound...ohhh, that sound. never gets old
- Still one of, if not THE, sexiest cars on the road (i hear this often from others)
- Stereo is very sub-par, but, see #1 above (who cares, really...)
- It is a hoot at the drag strip. easily sub 12 sec 'out of the box' and surprises many (my best is a 11.73)
- Fun at the track, but it is not particularly well suited as a track-star (just too heavy). it would be a SERIOUSLY fun car on-track if 500lbs lighter (that is a lot of weight to shave...not going to get there with some CF add-ons)
- Still a relatively rare car to see on the road. given the sales numbers, it makes sense. but i have personally seen very few R's on the road
- the most fun car i have ever owned (fun= just the overall feeling i get from driving it, not necessarily the best at any one thing). puts a smile (and giggle) on my face every time. (have owned 4 porsches previously)
- Horrible visibility (front corners, rear blind spots, rearview mirror, etc.)
- SO glad i got the RWD (prob increases the value some on the resale market)
- I'm pleasantly surprised by the build quality (jag reputation and first year of the R)
- The car gets tons of compliments (fwiw). almost always involving the word 'beautiful'
- a very big 'bang for the buck' car, in my opinion (corvette is another that comes to mind in this category)
- i need to do a good road trip in the
- That exhaust note....nothing like it!!! why drive in anything but dynamic mode??

I'm very happy with my decision (admittedly, it was a bit of a flier when i went for it)! I can't wait for my second year with the kitty cat...

I'm 18 months in ...

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Agree
4. 11.8 was my best time
5. Agree. 4 track days was enough for me I think. Takes a lot of effort to keep this car straight.
6. Agree
7. It's fun the only thing that keeps it from being the most fun is a lack of manual
8-14 Agree

MC

Old 02-26-2016, 06:25 AM
Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts

Same here...18 months in & loving it.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:29 AM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

OP, I think you summed it up perfectly and I'm just barely 1 month in!

Although I'm slowly getting used to the AWD in my 2016 R (RWD is basically what I have driven forever), had I had the choice of RWD and AWD, I think I would have stayed with the RWD. The pre-owned 2015 R I test drove and was close to purchasing was crazy fun. But then again, I'm babying my 2016 R as I only have 400 miles.