F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only replace the Brake Caliper

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Only replace the Brake Caliper

Hi, I have 2015 F-type S. OEM black caliper. After paint the caliper to a different color I found out it's really annoying that even tho you have a fresh paint but over the time the dust + the shadow between the caliper components will actually make the caliper looks dirty and just not as good looking as an "one-piece" caliper.

Tbh, I don't really care about the size of the caliper even tho 380mm could be considered as big caliper but I feel even a small caliper like BMW M-series has still looked better than a expose components bigger caliper.

So I wonder have anyone done caliper replacement only? LIke keep the stock pads, disk everything just replace the calipers for the more slik looking.
If I want to order a set of the caliper to replaced, what dimension/info I should provide to in order to get the perfect fit? I have been google for a long time doesn't seem like anyone has done any only caliper replace on their vehicle. But I want to keep the cost to be low and keep everything stock as much I could. Mainly it is financially I don't think it's worthy to spend 4k a set of caliper just for looks.

Thanks for you all advice and recommendations!

Old 08-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

Nice looking car! I bet most that see it are impressed and would hardly notice the less modern truck-like brake calipers. That said, if it really bothers you, its pretty big $$ money to get new calipers and most would only do it as part of a package to go up in brake size. I recall a thread where one member bought a bigger brake kit with actual Brembo calipers, but it was expensive.

Alternatively, my neighbor bought some plastic red covers for his calipers that say "Brembo" on them for his camaro. Bet they are easier to clean, and a more cost-effective solution.

Or try a clear coat next time you paint the calipers, wait 48 hours and then spray them with that brake dust repellent before using, that should at least make them easier to keep clean..

Old 08-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

No clue about the calipers. Just want to say great looking car. Best black and white I have seen. Very tastefully done.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Nice looking car! I bet most that see it are impressed and would hardly notice the less modern truck-like brake calipers. That said, if it really bothers you, its pretty big $$ money to get new calipers and most would only do it as part of a package to go up in brake size. I recall a thread where one member bought a bigger brake kit with actual Brembo calipers, but it was expensive.

Alternatively, my neighbor bought some plastic red covers for his calipers that say "Brembo" on them for his camaro. Bet they are easier to clean, and a more cost-effective solution.

Or try a clear coat next time you paint the calipers, wait 48 hours and then spray them with that brake dust repellent before using, that should at least make them easier to keep clean..
Thank you so much! That actually is really helpful.

I was was actually thinking about that plastic cover but the main reason I don’t want get it because I don’t have any space in the front since I got the 19”. If u can tell from the pics I only got few mm left between the caliper and the front rim. I just felt like if anything happen it’s gonna hurt badly lol.
But I’m actually purchasing a sets of spacers so I assuming it will let me have a more space between the rim and caliper so that I can have plastic cover on it.

Thanks again!

Old 08-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba

All the caliper covers available for this car look real fake and crappy. The delivery truck look is much preferred.