FR500GT's friend with Red SVR ***MAYBE***
TimelessR ***MAYBE***
thatdude714 ***MAYBE***
Chawumba
Ralphwg
WhiteTardis

19-22 now!!!!

This is going to be awesome!

Last edited by NoScurdyJags; 07-12-2017 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

edit, double post.

Last edited by NoScurdyJags; 07-12-2017 at 03:47 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:58 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I can make it for the photo but do have to work on Saturday (9-930am). Would love to see a glaring of Jaaaaaags.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:26 AM
Received 56 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
Then Sigs should probably take the lead here and get this baby organized.
Got too many peeps adding their name to the list to leave the details hanging in limbo much longer. Would hate to have people show up at the wrong place and time because details got finalized and posted at such a date that not everyone was aware.

Thought about the lot at Houston's (eat there often), and knew that lot would be empty.
Also felt Starbucks would be a better 8am rendezvous point.
Is Panini able to handle a crowd of 12 to 15 or more? The place is tiny.
The reason I suggested lunch in Dana Point was the number of San Diego folks are likely to drop the route there.
Felt it would make for a better and more memorable event if everyone shared a sit down meal and beer together.

Good Morning everyone,

Wanted to truly apologize for the lack of communication in my meet/post. My place of corporate work as of about a week and half a go put a block on all non business websites and my laptop took a hot cup of coffee to the face so ive been without a laptop for over a week now lol.. ya its been rough =P

I truly appreciate everyone's willingness to help and everyone's suggestions!

8am would be a great start time
Route looks perfect! Im not opposed to meeting at starbucks!
one of my shop locations is in Santa Ana off the 55fwy
3843 S Main St
Santa Ana, CA 92707
I wanted to treat everyone to donuts and coffee
As far as ending location. My friend's family owns a great spot to grub and grab a beer
Blk Burgrz in Ladera Ranch that we may be able to get a good portion of the lot and great food

Old 07-12-2017, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by meefer
I can make it for the photo but do have to work on Saturday (9-930am). Would love to see a glaring of Jaaaaaags.
edit: still waking up thought the 22nd was a sunday =P

Last edited by SigsJag; 07-12-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

I'm confused, are we not getting together on Saturday, July 22? Not Sunday, the 23rd?

Old 07-12-2017, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by tberg
I'm confused, are we not getting together on Saturday, July 22? Not Sunday, the 23rd?
Saturday yes! sorry lol still waking up =P

Old 07-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Anything other than a burger place for lunch?

Also, who is managing the cruise? Is there a dedicated driver in the front and sweeper in the rear? Waiting at red lights? etc. Phone numbers if someone gets lost / separated / god forbid an accident?

Thanks.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

I'm down for that Branden. Still haven't been to BLK but I know Targa Trophy and 70milesaturday have ended there in the past so that should be a good spot. I think once we figure out the start and finish and maybe a bathroom stop/place for the group to catch up (Cooks Corner), myself or Branden can print out a google map of the route for every car to have prior to leaving the start.

To answer the other questions, are there people driving from out of town for this meet? (Outside of the LA, OC, SD range). Because I think this was initially going to be just a casual meet and cruise and only be a few hours in total. That's why other then a meeting spot and an ending location, not much else has been determined. I would hate for people to be driving for hours and hours to get here only to be let down by the day being casual and somewhat short. But then again, I'm just along for the ride and not in charge!

Just my .02 so no one is disappointed in the first attempt at an F-Type meet.

Last edited by FR500GT; 07-12-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by TimelessR
Anything other than a burger place for lunch?

Also, who is managing the cruise? Is there a dedicated driver in the front and sweeper in the rear? Waiting at red lights? etc. Phone numbers if someone gets lost / separated / god forbid an accident?

Thanks.
Once we have all participants in place, I would suggest a PM to gather everyone's Cell Phone number. One group text to all 20 plus participants will then allow any member of the gang to reply to the entire group anywhere along the route, to notify that they got left behind at a light or whatever.

We should also be able to text a link to the final approved route to everyone's phone, so everyone can have the same route/navigation running on their phone.

With this many cars, we are going to loose people at multiple intersections. I would suggest a number of programmed stops to regroup, as follows: Immediately after making the right turn from Jamboree onto Santiago Canyon Road (there is a long and wide right hand shoulder there); Then another regroup shortly after making the left hand turn around Cooks Corner onto Live Oak Canyon (a long stretch of shoulder parking there on the left side of the road, for everyone to back-in, take some good group photos, and a bathroom stop for some; Sounds like we'll be stopping again in Ladera Ranch for some grub; Another regroup spot would be the main parking lot at Dana Point Harbor. Then North on Coast Hwy... is going to break us up into small groups, lots of unsynchronized lights.

Whether or not we establish one final regroup somewhere up the coast is entirely up to the crowd, though I suspect most will be ready to peel-off at that point.

Certainly would be helpful if everyone fills their gas tank the night before, or before they arrive at the meeting spot so we don't have stragglers due to a fuel stop.

Also, I know some of the other groups have established a photo op somewhere along the route, where one person sets up along some shoulder with a camera, and snaps a few isolated photos of each individual car going by with some space between them. Not sure where along this route would provide a picturesque spot with a good camera angle (usually around a curve), so others can weigh-in here... possibly a stretch along Live Oak Canyon, lots of large, overhanging Oak trees along that stretch.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:10 PM

Once we have all participants in place, I would suggest a PM to gather everyone's Cell Phone number. One group text to all 20 plus participants will then allow any member of the gang to reply to the entire group anywhere along the route, to notify that they got left behind at a light or whatever.

We should also be able to text a link to the final approved route to everyone's phone, so everyone can have the same route/navigation running on their phone.

With this many cars, we are going to loose people at multiple intersections. I would suggest a number of programmed stops to regroup, as follows: Immediately after making the right turn from Jamboree onto Santiago Canyon Road (there is a long and wide right hand shoulder there); Then another regroup shortly after making the left hand turn around Cooks Corner onto Live Oak Canyon (a long stretch of shoulder parking there on the left side of the road, for everyone to back-in, take some good group photos, and a bathroom stop for some; Sounds like we'll be stopping again in Ladera Ranch for some grub; Another regroup spot would be the main parking lot at Dana Point Harbor. Then North on Coast Hwy... is going to break us up into small groups, lots of unsynchronized lights.

Whether or not we establish one final regroup somewhere up the coast is entirely up to the crowd, though I suspect most will be ready to peel-off at that point.

Certainly would be helpful if everyone fills their gas tank the night before, or before they arrive at the meeting spot so we don't have stragglers due to a fuel stop.

Also, I know some of the other groups have established a photo op somewhere along the route, where one person sets up along some shoulder with a camera, and snaps a few isolated photos of each individual car going by with some space between them. Not sure where along this route would provide a picturesque spot with a good camera angle (usually around a curve), so others can weigh-in here... possibly a stretch along Live Oak Canyon, lots of large, overhanging Oak trees along that stretch.
Great points.

We can also separate the cruise into 2 or 3 groups, depending on the feedback here. Group 1 can be the drivers who want to drive fast and know the route / hiding spots for LEO (not saying they will do anything illegal, of course), Group 2 can be drivers who want to drive at a moderate pace and Group 3 can be drivers who want to take as long as possible, to show off their new paint correction / detail job/ wheels etc.

The weather will be really nice this weekend with clear skies and perfect for pictures.

Great point on the gas, please fill up BEFORE the meet. Although it is fun to hold up a gas station with a bunch of cars... haha.

From what it seems like, there is interest in this meet. Someone earlier wanted to host a meeting spot or something; does that individual want to manage the meet? Or perhaps the individual suggesting the lunch spot can manage the cruise / lunch arrangements / etc.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

Well as far as staying together, we could all just run an app like Waze

Old 07-12-2017, 04:36 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

With 20+ F-types together, please try not to rip a hole in space-time, make the Earth spin backwards, or create a micro-black hole or something.

Otherwise, have fun! Sounds like a blast, literally.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:22 PM

Great points.

We can also separate the cruise into 2 or 3 groups, depending on the feedback here. Group 1 can be the drivers who want to drive fast and know the route / hiding spots for LEO (not saying they will do anything illegal, of course), Group 2 can be drivers who want to drive at a moderate pace and Group 3 can be drivers who want to take as long as possible, to show off their new paint correction / detail job/ wheels etc.

The weather will be really nice this weekend with clear skies and perfect for pictures.

Great point on the gas, please fill up BEFORE the meet. Although it is fun to hold up a gas station with a bunch of cars... haha.

From what it seems like, there is interest in this meet. Someone earlier wanted to host a meeting spot or something; does that individual want to manage the meet? Or perhaps the individual suggesting the lunch spot can manage the cruise / lunch arrangements / etc.

Does anyone in the group have a radar detector and/or laser jammer?
If so, these cars should stay toward the front.

The northern section of Jamboree is a good spot to get into the throttle. exceptionally well maintained road, and two or three miles with little to no cross traffic. I have not been on Santiago Cyn. for a few years... it used to be a great meandering road to get wild on, so long as you didn't get stuck behind some turtle, or pinged by a leo. Antonio Pkwy has some wide open stretches, but I don't travel it enough to know the surveillance routine.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:26 PM

Great points.

the 22nd is NEXT weekend.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:36 PM

the 22nd is NEXT weekend.
Apparently I'm too excited about the cruise.

Is anyone traveling over 80 miles to get to the cruise? Or is everyone more or less local (LA / OC / IE / SD).

Old 07-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
With 20+ F-types together, please try not to rip a hole in space-time, make the Earth spin backwards, or create a micro-black hole or something.

Otherwise, have fun! Sounds like a blast, literally.
You make a good point. If you pointed all 22 of these cars towards the East and simultaneously floored the throttle, you could potentially slow down the rotation of the earth....BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Old 07-12-2017, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
You make a good point. If you pointed all 22 of these cars towards the East and simultaneously floored the throttle, you could potentially slow down the rotation of the earth....BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Do you have a calculus formula to highlight the physics behind that hypothesis as well?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:15 AM

wooh! im super excited everyone! Thank you for everyone for their participation and hype!

Please DM me your phone numbers, I will start a group text chat

Lets plan on meeting at my shop 8am

3843 S Main St
Santa Ana, CA 92707

its about 10 minutes down the 405 from the starbucks mentioned.

----- IronMike please PM me your number ill shoot you a text and include FR500GT Jason as hes one of my good friends and he is helping set this whole thing up. I love your ideas and lets (Iron) out the details for group up points and check points to meet incase some get left behind

Old 07-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Damn it. I missed you again. I was getting breakfast next door to go. When I got there your spot was empty and when I left I saw your car...literally like 5 minutes!