F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County / LA area F Type Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Wonderful turn out and a very exciting prospect. (I don't think the East Coast could come close to this, even if there was a Second Annual Jaguar Lobster Run!).

Good luck gentlemen and I know I speak for everyone looking forward to pictures.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Wonderful turn out and a very exciting prospect. (I don't think the East Coast could come close to this, even if there was a Second Annual Jaguar Lobster Run!).

Good luck gentlemen and I know I speak for everyone looking forward to pictures.
+1. Even with the normal attrition rate, this gathering should show a record turnout.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd like to chime in since there seems to be quite a few members who want to participate in this event, including a member from northern California! (Talk about true enthusiast.)

It's my opinion that the OP (who seems to own a car business that he wants to advertise) should take the lead and organize the event thoroughly. A document or survey may help, that way a general consensus can be had on preferred meet times, pit stops, final lunch destination and so on. Members that want rolling shots, formation shots (ie. line of jags blocking... I mean on the freeway). There's no real structure to this event and that's fine, but considering how epic the turnout might be, it wouldn't hurt...

Does anyone have a drone? Would be cool to spell out "JAG" or something. Just some ideas...

Also, for those heading up from San Diego - perhaps a caravan to OC would be a fun way to start the day?

Old 07-14-2017, 12:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm hoping someone has the quicksilver exhaust, would love to hear it in person

Old 07-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoJAG
I'm hoping someone has the quicksilver exhaust, would love to hear it in person
I don't however I might be selling my custom axleback due to it being slightly too loud on my V6. It is setup for the V8 model so if anyone is interested in it at the meet, I'd be willing to let them test it out on their car (on another day) and if they like it they can buy it. It's basically a bolt on muffler delete but with Sport resonators.

Last edited by FR500GT; 07-14-2017 at 01:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SanDiegoJAG (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 09:04 AM
Received 56 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TimelessR
I'd like to chime in since there seems to be quite a few members who want to participate in this event, including a member from northern California! (Talk about true enthusiast.)

It's my opinion that the OP (who seems to own a car business that he wants to advertise) should take the lead and organize the event thoroughly. A document or survey may help, that way a general consensus can be had on preferred meet times, pit stops, final lunch destination and so on. Members that want rolling shots, formation shots (ie. line of jags blocking... I mean on the freeway). There's no real structure to this event and that's fine, but considering how epic the turnout might be, it wouldn't hurt...

Does anyone have a drone? Would be cool to spell out "JAG" or something. Just some ideas...

Also, for those heading up from San Diego - perhaps a caravan to OC would be a fun way to start the day?

completely agree, again I do apologize to everyone as the past month has been very busy (I work 3 jobs)

with the help of awesome people (IronMike and FR500GT) we're going to get this dialed in and will have a full layout for you guys asap

Old 07-15-2017, 09:45 AM

I have received 6 PM"s with numbers. Will be sending out a group text to everyone in the next few days.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by SigsJag
I have received ONLY 6 PM"s with numbers. Will be sending out a group text to everyone in the next few days.

While we want to keep as much of the planning as possible available for public consumption here on the forum, you might want to send a private message to each of the other 15 names on the list, to directly prompt each of them for their phone numbers, which will also serve to confirm who is participating.

I drove the upper Jamboree, Santiago Canyon, Live Oak Canyon portion of the route this morning, at about the same hour we will be on the route next week... Wanted to be sure there was no road construction / detours along those back country roads... several items of note:
  • Roads are in great condition - no construction
  • The number of bicyclists on Santiago Canyon was shocking, several hundred at least. This did not appear to be the result of any organized ride as they were spread out from end-to-end, and going opposing directions on both sides of the road. There ARE ample bike lanes along most of that stretch of road, though that safety margin breaks down when there is a large peloton, aka pack of riders bunched together, and the bicyclists occasionally will leak out into traffic lanes. Everyone simply needs to remain mindful of this hazard.
  • The drive southeast on Live Oak (heading away from Cooks Corner) was as beautifully rural as I remember, and lined with a canopy of oak trees along much of it. Fewer cyclists, though some, and minimal bike lane here.
  • Reversed course once I got to Robinson Ranch, and much to my surprise, as I was skirting O'Neill Park in the northwest direction, encountered a rally or highly tuned Ferrari's, Lambo's and McLaren's going the opposite direction... exceptionally fast, and LOUD. Irresponsibly fast for that narrow, technical section of road IMO, especially given the number of cyclists. Appears to be a more popular drive then I imagined.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
  • Reversed course once I got to Robinson Ranch, and much to my surprise, as I was skirting O'Neill Park in the northwest direction, encountered a rally or highly tuned Ferrari's, Lambo's and McLaren's going the opposite direction... exceptionally fast, and LOUD. Irresponsibly fast for that narrow, technical section of road IMO, especially given the number of cyclists. Appears to be a more popular drive then I imagined.
Yeah I live right outside of this section in the city of Foothill Ranch. It is the best part of the canyon but VERY tight and technical so if you haven't been on the road before it is something to drive cautiously through. The end of the canyon unwinds out to Antonio Parkway where we will continue on the route.

Old 07-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Yeah I live right outside of this section in the city of Foothill Ranch. It is the best part of the canyon but VERY tight and technical so if you haven't been on the road before it is something to drive cautiously through. The end of the canyon unwinds out to Antonio Parkway where we will continue on the route.
I ride it on my motorcycle most often and you have to be much more cognizant of gravel, tree branches. In the car, as long as I'm not going more than 20 over, there is nothing too scary. The speed limit is very low there though (35 I think) so just try to keep it reasonable.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have received 6 PM"s with numbers. Will be sending out a group text to everyone in the next few days.
pmed

Old 07-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
I don't however I might be selling my custom axleback due to it being slightly too loud on my V6. It is setup for the V8 model so if anyone is interested in it at the meet, I'd be willing to let them test it out on their car (on another day) and if they like it they can buy it. It's basically a bolt on muffler delete but with Sport resonators.

I am interested in discussing with you the system, at the meet, I will have a fresh muffler delete for the cruise but if it fits the v6 perfectly without too much modification, then I am sold on it!

Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread actually got me to finally register on the Jaguar Forum. So, it's THIS coming Saturday, July 22nd? I've read the posts and they go all over the board here on dates, what day is Saturday, Sunday...etc. So again, for final clarification as this seems to be days away. Also, If some can't get to the early morning kick off coming from farther away, how about the approximate spot at about 11, noon, and then the restaurant or location all are ending at at a guesstimated time more or less. Thanks. Sounds great! My V8 has been sleeping for weeks and needs a run!

Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by F-ing it
This thread actually got me to finally register on the Jaguar Forum. So, it's THIS coming Saturday, July 22nd? I've read the posts and they go all over the board here on dates, what day is Saturday, Sunday...etc. So again, for final clarification as this seems to be days away. Also, If some can't get to the early morning kick off coming from farther away, how about the approximate spot at about 11, noon, and then the restaurant or location all are ending at at a guesstimated time more or less. Thanks. Sounds great! My V8 has been sleeping for weeks and needs a run!
welcome aboard!

Look out for detailed post today/tomorrow with everything for this Saturday 7/22

F-ing it (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by F-ing it
Love the screen name...
Could only be made better if embellished slightly... F-ing it Up

Welcome!!!

F-ing it (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TimelessR
I am totally down! Great idea.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:44 PM

Add 3 more Ftype's to the list!

Old 07-17-2017, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by HarryFType
Add 3 more Ftype's to the list!
nobody wants your F Types Harry... lol

text me!

post up our pics from the other day too

Old 07-17-2017, 04:56 PM

Any of the OC forum members drive a white V6 convertible, and were pacing with me (black V8 coupe) along PCH late last evening between Laguna and Newport?

Old 07-17-2017, 05:18 PM

nobody wants your F Types Harry... lol

text me!

post up our pics from the other day too
I hate you so much! 👍🏻❤️

JVIII (07-19-2017)