F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order placed. Can't wait.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Order placed. Can't wait.

Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered my F Type Coupe R. I have to say that this is one of the most obvious car purchases I have ever made. It blows away anything offered by the competition. At this price point Porsche, Mercedes and and BMW don't have anything that comes close. The drivability, the handling and the emotional engagement are off the charts. This car will perfectly complement the M5 in my garage.

It is going to be a painful wait for delivery. Dealer says the estimated delivery date from JLR is December 17th.

Spec I ordered is:
Polaris White with Full red leather interior and Red seat belts
Gyrodyne Black and Diamond Turned wheels
Glass Roof
Vision Pack
Red Calipers
Jaguar Apps
Power tailgate

Last edited by StealthPilot; 10-10-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Received 270 Likes on 148 Posts

Congrats, that will be one sharp looking Jag!

Old 10-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats...and welcome!

Old 10-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Congrats! I have a similar White R, love it. You are right regarding competition. BMW and MB don't have anything in this segment (maybe the AMG GT when it comes out, but it looks odd from the photos). I'm a big Porsche guy (came from 2011 Cayman and 2013 991 C2) but at the $100K price point they can't compete. You'd need $150K GT3 and above. The C2S is not worth the extra $$$ over the C2, IMHO. And the track capabilities of the C2S vs the Jag is not applicable for 99% of the owners.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by shift
Congrats! I have a similar White R, love it. You are right regarding competition. BMW and MB don't have anything in this segment (maybe the AMG GT when it comes out, but it looks odd from the photos). I'm a big Porsche guy (came from 2011 Cayman and 2013 991 C2) but at the $100K price point they can't compete. You'd need $150K GT3 and above. The C2S is not worth the extra $$$ over the C2, IMHO. And the track capabilities of the C2S vs the Jag is not applicable for 99% of the owners.
Agree completely. I like the Porsche brand and my trip to the Porsche museum last year led me to want to own one. However my street test drive of the C2S and C4S were very disappointing - both in comparison to the F-Type R and in comparison to my M5.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I would have gone convertible but otherwise great color, wheel, seat color, caliper color combination.

How did you get that cool picture? Is that generated by the Jaguar configurator?

Old 10-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Good for you StealthPilot!

Just curious if your dealer gave you a copy of what I believe is referred to as the "Vista Order Sheet". This details your choices along with giving you a build date and ETA. Many on this site have a copy while others, including me, have struggled to get that.

I ordered nearly 6 weeks ago and was told to expect end of December delivery which seems odd given your December 17 ETA.

Nonetheless, congrats and welcome.

kjamo

Old 10-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Kjamo
Good for you StealthPilot!

Just curious if your dealer gave you a copy of what I believe is referred to as the "Vista Order Sheet". This details your choices along with giving you a build date and ETA. Many on this site have a copy while others, including me, have struggled to get that.

I ordered nearly 6 weeks ago and was told to expect end of December delivery which seems odd given your December 17 ETA.

Nonetheless, congrats and welcome.

kjamo
Yes, I agree. I placed order August 23rd and have been struggling to obtain a firm build and delivery date. I received a copy of the order but it only stated build in November for December delivery. After complaining to the sales manager yesterday, I was informed my build date is schedule for November 7th and estimated delivery is December 17th. The same delivery date as StealthPilot for an order placed almost 2 months earlier!

Old 10-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
Yes, I agree. I placed order August 23rd and have been struggling to obtain a firm build and delivery date. I received a copy of the order but it only stated build in November for December delivery. After complaining to the sales manager yesterday, I was informed my build date is schedule for November 7th and estimated delivery is December 17th. The same delivery date as StealthPilot for an order placed almost 2 months earlier!
My understanding is that its all based on dealer allocation. An order will sit there until an allocation is provided to the dealer.

If your dealer is a low volume dealer, i'd expect allocations to be less than a high volume dealer.

I know this applies to Coupe-R, not sure about the non R's.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Excellent choice, look forward to seeing delivery photos!

Old 10-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Received 227 Likes on 172 Posts

Congrats stealth. You'll love the F Type. Very different from your other monster but equally compelling. The F is just a wonderful car to drive. Get ready for an unbelievable amount of comments and questions from others. This car gets attention like no other car I've ever owned.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kjamo
Good for you StealthPilot! Just curious if your dealer gave you a copy of what I believe is referred to as the "Vista Order Sheet". This details your choices along with giving you a build date and ETA. Many on this site have a copy while others, including me, have struggled to get that. I ordered nearly 6 weeks ago and was told to expect end of December delivery which seems odd given your December 17 ETA. Nonetheless, congrats and welcome. kjamo
Yes I do have the vista order sheet. It says my build date is November 5th and my delivery date is actually December 19th.

The reason I got it so quick is because my dealer had an unsold allocation. The car would have ended up as a stock order and gone to the lot, but I took that production slot.

Other dealers I spoke with were quoting me delivery dates in January.

The following users liked this post:
Kjamo (10-12-2014)
Old 10-12-2014, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by swajames
Congrats stealth. You'll love the F Type. Very different from your other monster but equally compelling. The F is just a wonderful car to drive. Get ready for an unbelievable amount of comments and questions from others. This car gets attention like no other car I've ever owned.
Thanks and also thanks for all the encouragement in this direction. I think the combination of the R Coupe and the M5 in the garage is really a perfect pairing.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

How did you create the pictures? The Jaguar configurator looks like a cartoon compared to your pictures.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

StealthPilot, did you forget the Black Pack or decide against it? The car you pictured has it.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by jleuz1
StealthPilot, did you forget the Black Pack or decide against it? The car you pictured has it.
I decided against it.

Also to be honest I'm not sure about the red seat belts either. They look good when no one is sitting in the car, but they don't look good over my lady's black dress.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
How did you create the pictures? The Jaguar configurator looks like a cartoon compared to your pictures.
I didn't. These are standard gallery pictures. The car in the Gallery and my car differ in two ways - I don't have the black package, and my interior is full red leather instead of red/black duo tone.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Very nice, Stealth. Congrats.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

What does the F type coupe look like without the black pack? I don't think I've ever seen one.

oh here it is. mostly just replaces the matte black with gloss black.
http://rules.config.jaguar.com/jdx/e...xexterior.html

Last edited by lunagry; 10-12-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats on the new order, I bought one from the lot and I will pick this Friday....I guess that I would have a heart attack if I had to wait.

Quick Reply: Order placed. Can't wait.