Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: How you guys doing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 10:58 AM
Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
CRS123,
I use an independent mechanic for all of my cars including 3 Jags for more than twenty years. He is in Northridge. In fact, I am picking up my XKR today or tomorrow where he repaired a smashed up door, a result of a woman hitting it while I was stepping out of my car from a parking spot. He does both mechanical and body work. If you need it, pm me and I will send you his contact info.
Thanks Tberg! This sounds like an excellent referral. I'll bookmark this for safekeeping :-) Be well
CRS

The following users liked this post:
tberg (03-25-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Lani Kai
The good news is, I have enough booze to last me through at least another couple of weeks.
You should know that he whiskey they do sell in wooden barrels too ; it keeps better and even ages if you leave it long enough..

Old 03-25-2020, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,634 Likes on 8,309 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
@Pcar2Jag
So people do not insure their homes in the USA ? In the Netherlands [ certainly is you have a mortgage], one is obliged to insure against 'major events' . Premium is 0,5% of the (re-)building costs, quite affordable since
I think 80% of the families have such an insurance. Weiredly it does not cover flooding by seawater. Probably since 80% is a meter or more below seal evel...
Some of us in SoCal also have earthquake insurance along with fire and car insurance. I keep track of the replacement costs on the premiums to make sure costs are current for the worst case scenario. I don't want to be caught short in either event.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Some of us in SoCal also have earthquake insurance along with fire and car insurance. I keep track of the replacement costs on the premiums to make sure costs are current for the worst case scenario. I don't want to be caught short in either event.
Did you check the re-insurance company ? If all have an insurance with a regional broker and it happens, the broker goes bust and nobody gets a dime. I insured with a local company with re-insurance in Munich-Re a huge company.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

I work in IT for a health care company. I'm not sure what day it is anymore.

Burt Gummer (03-26-2020)
Old 03-25-2020, 06:28 PM
Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Might want to take a closer look at that Mayan calendar.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcar2Jag
Might want to take a closer look at that Mayan calendar.
And you, sir, win the internet today!

Old 03-25-2020, 09:23 PM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Definitely taking a hit, stared my new job last week actually and were considered an essential business so we are staying open as long as we can. Kinda surprised I managed to secure a new job during this time. Parents are having a hard time, my moms practice is closed and open only for emergency surgery and had to send most of her staff home on a paid leave. dads business is 100% dead and he doesn't expect it to recover. he is in finance. Miami is mainly closed, north Miami has a 10pm curfew, my city has no curfew yet but almost all restaurants are closed and the few that are open are only take out. getting supplies has not been an issue as of late expect the lack of toilet paper but besides that everything is available, been taking advantage of the lack of traffic and gas price are at an all time low, E85 next to my house is a $1.69 and 93 was at $2.20 a gallon. seeing a lot of people get laid off and going through these hard times is definitely take a toll on our mental state, wish I could more to help. glad I got this new job because its been able to keep me distracted while the world goes to *****, at least I get to film and review awesome euro cars. shameless plug, follow my new shops Ig- Euromotive Performance. keep up to date with what I'm doing. Good luck everyone and stay safe.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I am retired and I didn't even know what day it was before the corona thing hit..

Old 03-26-2020, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 734 Likes on 470 Posts

Central Wisconsin here, we were grounded for 2 weeks maybe more yesterday, only essential travel "allowed". Some people have paperwork/cards to get back and forth to work, most don't. $1200.00 fine and up to 30 days in the clink. They did indicate however nobody will be pulled over to check for paperwork? The next sentence was... "fishing and hunting are legal and encouraged public lands and waters are open", after all this is Wisconsin. Liquor stores are also considered essential so no issues there. That's not confusing at all. I can go to work, grocery store, pharmacy, gas station, lake, forest, any essential business like liquor stores, and bait shops etc... but I can get a $1200.00 fine and tossed into the big house for going anywhere else... It's our own damn fault we elected these citizens.

Me, I'm on week 7 of self quarantine (broken leg, bad snowmobile). We have boats and fish allot so plan on spending the next 5 weeks doing my physical therapy on the water. Got the XKR out of the shed yesterday and brought it up to the driveway. Have a few maintenance issues to knock out before stretching her legs after a winter's nap. She looks damn good in the driveway. Retarded how many times I have peeked out the front door since pulling her up.

Last edited by 1 of 19; 03-26-2020 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member

@ 1 of 19

I would say : toss a fishing rod and a double barreled gun in your trunk and you have the license to travel, even if you're not going to hunt..

1 of 19 (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts
Old 03-26-2020, 10:48 PM
Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Okay, stuck at home sucks, you can go out but why would you at a time like this, there is one reason though, if you own a car like ours.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
Okay, stuck at home sucks, you can go out but why would you at a time like this, there is one reason though, if you own a car like ours.

https://youtu.be/CP6OvKkk0as
So...why are all those other vehicles driving so much below the speed limit?

Old 03-27-2020, 02:23 AM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

There is a thought provoking article making the rounds in financial circles called, "What if oil prices go negative?“

The thought being, there is still soooo much supply in motion within a months-long supply chain, meeting an unthinkable demand crater, that it is actually possible that a short term storage capacity exceedance could result in a $0 gas price or even payment to burn-off overflow for the foreseeable future.

​​​​​

Last edited by RacerX; 03-27-2020 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

I do consider myself lucky in the situation we are in, as I can work from home and it is more than enough to do. It is actually almost a bit too much to do, as this situation has created a hole lot of new problems for the company I work for, and that needs to be resolved. It does not affect the companys echonomy in a negative way though, so I am lucky that i do not need to worry about that.
The lockdown here in Norway do make everything else than work a bit booring. No restaurants, pubs, gym etc, so I do try to spend some time doing physical exercise both in my house and outdoors every day. My F-type is still in the garage, and they have just started the spring clean-up of the roads. There are no restrictions on car driving, so I am very much looking forward to take the F-type out on the roads again soon!
I did have some great Holiday plans. We had rented a large waterfront house in Tavernier, Key Largo for 4 weeks (and rental car, a 24' boat and flight tickets), and we were to leave TODAY It has been cancelled (offcourse) and due to the workload, the Holiday has been postponed (not shure for how long). And that is a good thing as I don't want to chose between my bedroom or livingroom regarding where to go for the Holidays

Old 03-27-2020, 05:38 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerX
There is a thought provoking article making the rounds in financial circles called, "What if oil prices go negative?“

The thought being, there is still soooo much supply in motion within a months-long supply chain, meeting an unthinkable demand crater, that it is actually possible that a short term storage capacity exceedance could result in a $0 gas price or even payment to burn-off overflow for the foreseeable future.
​​​​​
Couldn't happen in the UK - too much tax on fuel over here.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:55 AM
Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
So...why are all those other vehicles driving so much below the speed limit?
The speed limit is as much as you feel comfortable with.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
The speed limit is as much as you feel comfortable with.
I hope you mean to say, what you are comfortable with considering the safety of other road users, and your passengers.

You can feel very comfortable and safe, in control and all. Until you suddenly have to brake or avoid, then you loose control and know you did not even had control just before...

Lani Kai (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 11:14 AM
Banned
Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
I hope you mean to say, what you are comfortable with considering the safety of other road users, and your passengers.

You can feel very comfortable and safe, in control and all. Until you suddenly have to brake or avoid, then you loose control and know you did not even had control just before...
Too many years living in a nanny state results in one being in a nanny state?

Quick Reply: OT: How you guys doing?