F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out of Town Test Drive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of Town Test Drive?

Having been a forum lurker for months and never really participating in any threads this may seem an odd topic but here goes..

I finally found that F-type that checks the boxes I've been scouring the interwebz for months on end! So of course it had to be 3000 miles away in Los Angeles when I did find what I was looking for.
Unfortunately there is little chance that I'll be able to travel all the way out there just to test drive it and I fear I would find out it was a little rougher than the pictures made it out to be...

What I'm interested in is if anyone had ever tried a service to do a test drive and report back? I'm not even sure such a service exists.
It's slightly more than a 3rd party pre-purchase inspection but not totally different I guess.

Anyone have experience with this? Advice? Suggestions? I'm all ears...

Old 04-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by OhHi
Having been a forum lurker for months and never really participating in any threads this may seem an odd topic but here goes..

I finally found that F-type that checks the boxes I've been scouring the interwebz for months on end! So of course it had to be 3000 miles away in Los Angeles when I did find what I was looking for.
Unfortunately there is little chance that I'll be able to travel all the way out there just to test drive it and I fear I would find out it was a little rougher than the pictures made it out to be...

What I'm interested in is if anyone had ever tried a service to do a test drive and report back? I'm not even sure such a service exists.
It's slightly more than a 3rd party pre-purchase inspection but not totally different I guess.

Anyone have experience with this? Advice? Suggestions? I'm all ears...
Yes, I have used such a service in the past and the report represented the condition of the vehicle quite well. https://inspectmyride.wordpress.com/

The following users liked this post:
OhHi (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:37 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,148 Likes on 1,438 Posts

There are plenty of folks on the forum from LA - perhaps someone could check it out for you. Though it could get ugly if something went bad...

OhHi (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestion I'll have to do some research on inspectmyride.

I hadn't thought about asking someone from the forum to take a look but, I like it! Point taken on the going bad part though.

It's worth a shot though so, anyone in the LA area interested in helping out? I would certainly offer a nice gift in return...edible arrangement perhaps? haha

Old 04-05-2017, 05:21 PM
Received 402 Likes on 212 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion I'll have to do some research on inspectmyride.

I hadn't thought about asking someone from the forum to take a look but, I like it! Point taken on the going bad part though.

It's worth a shot though so, anyone in the LA area interested in helping out? I would certainly offer a nice gift in return...edible arrangement perhaps? haha
Which store? Santa Monica? Los Angeles?

Old 04-05-2017, 05:29 PM

It's at the LA store.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Received 402 Likes on 212 Posts

It's at the LA store.
What is the last 6 of the VIN? Kxxxxx

OhHi (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,605 Likes on 861 Posts

Can't vouch for the car but when I was laid up for a few weeks last Oct my bank sent me a box of Edible Arrangements - all luscious fruit dipped in dark chocolate - and it was amazing. Definitely worth a test drive IMO!

Good luck. With the car and the fruit.