F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over heating 2017 jaguar f-type

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 07:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over heating 2017 jaguar f-type

Hello everyone, I've had my 2017 f-type v6 super charged for a little over a year now and about a month ago I had a leak in the rear plastic pipe that connects to both cylinder heads. I took it ti the *********** and they wanted to charge me a little over $1000 to replace it so I bought the part online, URO brand, and replaced it my self with no difficulty. Filled up with coolant and let the car idle with the heater on to let all the air out. Anyway so a couple of days ago the car started over heating and showing the overheating message on the cluster screen. But I cannot find any leaks and fluid level was fine. Until last night I let it idle a couple more mins to see if there was any air still in the system, nothing. Then I took it on a test drive and the over heating message came up. As soon I pulled into my drive way the little bleed plug on the coolant tank exploded and all the coolant and steam came out violently haha. So im at a stalemate here. No leaks, car over heats, the does that ? Any clue ? I dint wanna get ripped off at my dealership and my warranty is out already. Im gonna pressure test it while cold to see if anything leaks or coolant goes somewhere. Hopefully not the engine . 🙏🏼

Old 11-08-2022, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,348 Likes on 1,849 Posts

The URO brand is not considered a good brand?
The parts will most likely fail.

Maybe post a few pictures as I have never seen a coolant tank explode ?
Maybe a lot of air was trapped in the system? It can be hard to get it all out.
I don't see where you opened the bleeder screw? Do you know where it is?

Old 11-08-2022, 11:52 AM
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
The URO brand is not considered a good brand?
The parts will most likely fail.
Probably depends on the part, but the ones I've used from them have looked perfectly fine, and failing this quickly seems unusual. OP, are you talking about the plastic heater coolant manifold in the back of the engine (Jaguar AJ814007)? I had no idea there's an aftermarket replacement for that one.

Old 11-08-2022, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by dbellakis75
But I cannot find any leaks and fluid level was fine. Until last night I let it idle a couple more mins to see if there was any air still in the system, nothing.
Unless there's something blocking coolant flow, it does sound a bit like air might be trapped in the cooling system. The workshop manual says you should unbolt the coolant reservoir, lift it up a few inches, and fill it all the way up to make sure it's the highest point in the system. Did you do that? Another possibly more convenient alternative is to use a no-spill funnel for this.

The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Thermostat not opening?

Old 11-15-2022, 07:11 PM
Default Hello everyone and thanks for your responses

I replaced the reservoir and let the car idle again to bleed all the air out, took it for a slight test run and it overheated again. Can anyone walk me through the bleeding procedure to make sure im doing it right lol ? Im out of clues. Also i don't believe my radiator fan is turning on, should it at idle ? When I let the car reach op temp and turn it off i can hear the coolant system gurgling as if there still was air. I cannot get the air out. As soon as I open the bleed screw coolant flows out. Thanks to anyone in advance.

Old 11-15-2022, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by dbellakis75
I replaced the reservoir and let the car idle again to bleed all the air out, took it for a slight test run and it overheated again. Can anyone walk me through the bleeding procedure to make sure im doing it right lol ? Im out of clues. Also i don't believe my radiator fan is turning on, should it at idle ? When I let the car reach op temp and turn it off i can hear the coolant system gurgling as if there still was air. I cannot get the air out. As soon as I open the bleed screw coolant flows out. Thanks to anyone in advance.
OzXFR posted a copy of the workshop manual a few years ago, and on page 2487 you'll find a section "COOLING SYSTEM PARTIAL DRAINING, FILLING AND BLEEDING." I've attached a copy of the relevant pages to this post, look for the "Filling" part on page 3.

Old 03-25-2024, 04:01 PM
Default Same overheating issue after upgraded the Y pipe.

I got the same exact issue car is over heating I changed the thermostat the sensor under it checked the water pump and seals everything is good but the car gets to operating temp and then slowly starts to overheat I’ve bled and refilled multiple times and have even bought a new radiator and the issue is still going on I’m extremely frustrated because I had no issues before taking out the Y pipe and about to switch it back