F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

As far as fit, it is possible that the top screws will interfere with the cross beam, but hard to say for certain. I am currently using the sto 'n sho, and would particular recommend its use for this application.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

This looks very good. Can you still make me one or two pictures closer and bigger? The more I see this solution, the better I find it. I think I still decide for this solution of the number plate ...

How is the license plate attached?

Of course, it looks better when the grill is completely free.

I think I can order several adapters and send you. But I would like to wait until next week. From there I can try the new adapters then.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed

Please see photos

European backplate is also available, which could be reduced in size for a shorter plate.

Attached Thumbnails P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed-sto-n-sho.jpg   P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed-sto-n-sho-1.jpg  
Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 PM

I only have a 5 digit plate so I have had a 3" x 9" plate made, not strictly legal but should not pose any issues. It should look really good as it will sit well below the grille surround.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:53 PM

Hmmm, I can not really decide.

On the other hand, I find it with shield in the grid also not bad.

This would maintain the lines of the front spoiler.

And with a small number plate between the Jaguar symbol and the bottom of the grill, more space would remain.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Default P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed

Nice photos, the small plate in the last picture is similar to mine but I will use the sto n sho mount.

Regarding the fixing of the sensors a guy on the UK forum DaddyDarren is purchasing the Paramount grille and having it fitted by Paramount in their workshops. He posted a photo of the sensors installed in the grille, they use windshield mastic!

It wouldn't work for me.

His post:
"Paramount replied today. Here is a sensor bonded into the grill. They use windscreen bonding resin to set them.

Don't think it looks too bad. Paid deposit so going to proceed. Worse that can happen is replace with OEM ' Black Pack' version".

Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed-f-type%2520grill%2520sensors%2520x%25204.jpg  
Old 05-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by myer

Regarding the fixing of the sensors a guy on the UK forum DaddyDarren is purchasing the Paramount grille and having it fitted by Paramount in their workshops. He posted a photo of the sensors installed in the grille, they use windshield mastic!

It wouldn't work for me.
+1. Might not look too bad, but certainly doesn't look very good.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

The whole bumperless grille thing is great - as in looks great, but forget it if you ever need to park anywhere.

Very rarely I do need to parallel park on the street and I cringe at the thought of all the idiots out there that park by Braille.

In NW Portland - worst case.

I used to want a Lotus Elise or Exige so badly but no way Jose. One tiny tap to the front end and it is a $10k-$12k bonnet.

If the F-type was never to be parallel parked on a public street it would be an option.

Not to mention doing a mod such as this devalues the resale of your F-type. If you don't believe that, just ask a couple people here who have had to take a serious haircut resale wise post bumper removal.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 05-25-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:47 PM

"Not to mention doing a mod such as this devalues the resale of your F-type. If you don't believe that, just ask a couple people here who have had to take a serious haircut resale wise post bumper removal".

Not really, I intend on keeping the original grille / bumper bar and if required have it refitted, it will take all of 2 hours max.__________________

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 02:54 PM

Everyone will keep the original grill and this can also be re-assembled.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:57 PM

@ unhingd

Do you have more pictures of the stoh n sho solution with the European license plate or maybe a contact to the driver?

I would be interested in how the mounting parts look and what dimensions they have.

I have sent an e-mail to Stoh n shoh and the company told me they could supply this solution for the F-Type.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member

Not really, I intend on keeping the original grille
+1. Somebody will just need to step over my rotting carcass in 2 or 3 decades to find the parts (well labeled), on their way to my attic.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Meister_Kajo
@ unhingd

Do you have more pictures of the stoh n sho solution with the European license plate or maybe a contact to the driver?

I would be interested in how the mounting parts look and what dimensions they have.

I have sent an e-mail to Stoh n shoh and the company told me they could supply this solution for the F-Type.
I'll take some pics tomorrow when the lighting is better.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck to all completing your P7 conversions.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but why to go to all the effort of installing an open and clean looking new front end, which looks fantastic, only to go and screw a plate on, over or to it??

Can you not run with the Sto'n'show Conversion to protect your investment? Or are restricted by local regulation?

Old 05-26-2017, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Senninha
Good luck to all completing your P7 conversions.

Maybe I'm missing the point, but why to go to all the effort of installing an open and clean looking new front end, which looks fantastic, only to go and screw a plate on, over or to it??

Can you not run with the Sto'n'show Conversion to protect your investment? Or are restricted by local regulation?
Here in the People's Republik of Maryland, smokey and the local gendarme want to see a plate with a valid tag "number" on front. They don't seem to care whether it's the right shape, so I went with the Euro low profile look.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Meister_Kajo
@ unhingd

The license plate is actually inserted into a license plate frame that has a backing plate with several holes to fit any application:European Plate Holders, Custom License Plate Frame - LICENSEPLATES.TV

Old 05-27-2017, 02:50 AM

Sto n sho do have a Euro style backing panel, the same size as the licence plate.

Which means that you can fix the licence plate directly without using a frame. I would personally use double sided tape to secure the plate rather than screws.

Burt Gummer (05-27-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member

Sto n sho do have a Euro style backing panel, the same size as the licence plate.
That would indeed be the better way to go. Sto 'N Sho did not have the Euro bracket available when I first bought mine.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
The whole bumperless grille thing is great - as in looks great, but forget it if you ever need to park anywhere.

Very rarely I do need to parallel park on the street and I cringe at the thought of all the idiots out there that park by Braille.

In NW Portland - worst case.

I used to want a Lotus Elise or Exige so badly but no way Jose. One tiny tap to the front end and it is a $10k-$12k bonnet.

If the F-type was never to be parallel parked on a public street it would be an option.

Not to mention doing a mod such as this devalues the resale of your F-type. If you don't believe that, just ask a couple people here who have had to take a serious haircut resale wise post bumper removal.
1) My DD is a one ton, crew cab, dually, 4x4 diesel without park sensors and I haven't managed to damage anything yet.

2) regardless of whether you're running the stock front end or the P7 set up, if someone drives into you there will be damage. The stock "bumper" does little to nothing for protection of the car IMO

3) Since there are only a handful of us with the P7 grills and only a couple that have posted that they installed them, I find the observation that anyone "took a haircut" on resale to be a bit of a stretch......particularly since we have no way to compare the price to the same car without the mod. I'm assuming this is based on a sample of one? In any case, it can be put back without too much effort so even if it DID make a big difference from a resale perspective, you're only out the time to swap it back or a few shop hours to have someone else do it.

2 cents,
Dave

Old 05-27-2017, 10:00 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
1)

2) regardless of whether you're running the stock front end or the P7 set up, if someone drives into you there will be damage. The stock "bumper" does little to nothing for protection of the car IMO

3) Since there are only a handful of us with the P7 grills and only a couple that have posted that they installed them, I find the observation that anyone "took a haircut" on resale to be a bit of a stretch......particularly since we have no way to compare the price to the same car without the mod. I'm assuming this is based on a sample of one? In any case, it can be put back without too much effort so even if it DID make a big difference from a resale perspective, you're only out the time to swap it back or a few shop hours to have someone else do it.

2 cents,
Dave
I concur. Can't think of any scenario where not having the bumper bar is going to affect resale value in a negative way, except one... the seller makes the bonehead mistake of pointing out the absence of a front bumper.

Without the seller making a federal case out of it, I would think the one-piece P7 grille would improve value of any F-Type, though marginally so.

DPelletier (05-28-2017)

Quick Reply: P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed