F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 08:34 AM
Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
Sometimes I feel like the only one who doesn't hate the bumper bar. It has never bothered me.

I like the stock bar as well. It harkens back to the E-Type which is what the F Type was bred from.

You might want to consider placing the growler badge in the center. Without the bar in place it seems to beg centering.

How might you hide the metal bar going across the assembly, behind the grill.....

Nice work though. It does not look cobbled together.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Don1954
I like the stock bar as well. It harkens back to the E-Type which is what the F Type was bred from.

You might want to consider placing the growler badge in the center. Without the bar in place it seems to beg centering.

How might you hide the metal bar going across the assembly, behind the grill.....

Nice work though. It does not look cobbled together.
To each their own; for me the grill bar is an add on that the lawyers forced the designers to install and the P7 looks like an F type should. I can hardly wait to swap in the P7 grill as the bar is literally the only styling element of my F type that I don't like.

Dave

The following users liked this post:
sts-v (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
To each their own; for me the grill bar is an add on that the lawyers forced the designers to install and the P7 looks like an F type should. I can hardly wait to swap in the P7 grill as the bar is literally the only styling element of my F type that I don't like.

Dave
Same here. That F type looks beautiful

Old 02-09-2018, 02:40 AM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

I am personally not a fan of the missing bar. Makes the front of the car look like bass, but to each its own

Last edited by zmoothg; 02-09-2018 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zmoothg
I am personally not a fan of the missing bar. Makes the front of the car look like bass, but to each its own
It's a personal choice though I'd assume you have the same feeling about the rest of Jaguar's line up? .....seeing as how the rest don't have the bar either.

Dave

Old 02-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by DPelletier
It's a personal choice though I'd assume you have the same feeling about the rest of Jaguar's line up? .....seeing as how the rest don't have the bar either.

Dave
I actually love the open look on the rest of the line-up. The F-type grill positioning is a lot lower and more pointy than the other models, so it makes it look like a bass/vacuum cleaner. I don't know, but maybe its because every time I see a P7 grill it has lipstick on it, which drives me mad.

Old 02-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by zmoothg
I actually love the open look on the rest of the line-up. The F-type grill positioning is a lot lower and more pointy than the other models, so it makes it look like a bass/vacuum cleaner. I don't know, but maybe its because every time I see a P7 grill it has lipstick on it, which drives me mad.
agreed on the "lipstick", I plan on painting my surround body color which doesn't stand out and visually reduces the apparent size of the grill;

Dave

Old 05-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Received 119 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey guys -

So if all goes well, I should be picking up a 15' R coupe on Friday morning

Have all the sources for the P7 grille dried up, or are the rat lines still operating? I see Paramount doesn't have a Jaguar section anymore - not that I was considering it. Would be curious if you guys used a hookup, or you just went to your dealer with a valid VIN# to get them ordered. Also - did you guys send the manufacturing diagram to a third party 3D printing service?

cheers

Old 05-10-2018, 06:32 PM
Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice and clean. Love it I always find minimalism to work better in terms of design

Old 05-10-2018, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by frostysauce
I see Paramount doesn't have a Jaguar section anymore - not that I was considering it. Would be curious if you guys used a hookup, or you just went to your dealer with a valid VIN# to get them ordered. Also - did you guys send the manufacturing diagram to a third party 3D printing service?

cheers
Paramount is still selling something similar, but the finished product is coarsely finished and requires a lot of extra work to make it acceptable. The OEM P7 solution is the cleanest, but does require some fabrication to mount the parking sensors properly. Going to the dealer has never seemed to work out, but you are still going to need a valid P7 VIN wherever you get the 2 parts (grille and surround). PM me if you need help.

Last edited by Unhingd; 05-10-2018 at 07:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
death1ord (05-10-2018), JgaXkr (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 12:11 AM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

The symmetry police politely request Unhinged take the whole thing apart again and move the passenger sensor up one and to the left....

The following users liked this post:
Unhingd (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by mshedden
The symmetry police politely request Unhinged take the whole thing apart again and move the passenger sensor up one and to the left....
Nah, he should instead move the driver's side sensor down one and to the left.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:36 AM
Received 192 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Better yet, he should do both, and re-evaluate the situation then...

Old 05-11-2018, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Originally Posted by mshedden
Better yet, he should do both, and re-evaluate the situation then...
OK..you both made me go out and look at them at 4am. (Oh crap...I have to mess with those thousand screws again?) The sensors are indeed positioned in the same number of cells from bottom and side of the surround, but the surround isn't perfectly symmetrical. One of those cells is about 1/2" lower than the other. For some reason the picture angle exacerbates the offset. Looking at it straight on, no difference.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:29 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

@Unhingd

Is anyone producing the sensor mounts on the fouram?

I would like to buy some of the printed ones if possible for my P7 / SVR bumper project.

thanks

john

Old 05-11-2018, 05:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by John-Handy
@Unhingd

Is anyone producing the sensor mounts on the fouram?

I would like to buy some of the printed ones if possible for my P7 / SVR bumper project.

thanks

john
@Meister_Kajo had a friend printing those. I don't know if that's still a possibility.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:01 AM
Received 149 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
@Meister_Kajo had a friend printing those. I don't know if that's still a possibility.
I don't believe he is still able to get them, at least a few months ago he was not. Alot of guys these days with printers, i asked a local tuning group i follow on FB and got 10 responses from people willing to try, with the sketches Jluez1/Meister Kajo/Unhinged posted it is an easy job.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:47 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

OK..you both made me go out and look at them at 4am. (Oh crap...I have to mess with those thousand screws again?) The sensors are indeed positioned in the same number of cells from bottom and side of the surround, but the surround isn't perfectly symmetrical. One of those cells is about 1/2" lower than the other. For some reason the picture angle exacerbates the offset. Looking at it straight on, no difference.
You may want to look again. The sensor on the passenger side is 1/2 a row lower than the drivers side. Pretty easy to zoom into your photo and follow each row of diamonds across. Because the diamonds are staggered, following the row with the passenger sensor passes directly beneath the drivers sensor, and/or following the row with the drivers sensor passes directly above the passenger sensor.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Then we need a picture showing it.

(should say post, but close enough)

Old 05-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Like that better?

(PBBarb, I cheated. The sensor did need to be moved up and to the left).

Last edited by Unhingd; 05-11-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: P 7 Bumper-less Grille Installed