F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P300 Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 03:35 AM
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts
Default P300 Exhaust Options

She was sitting on the front line of a local dealers lot.

stopped by out of curiosity - salesman threw me the keys............

............UH OH ! !

She was a low mileage, V6 340 2018 model.

and I was hooked

Then drove a (supposed) 2015 380 HP "S" model and was NOT impressed

Then drove a 2021 P300 model with 19,000 on the clock - really didn't expect anything out of this setup

HOLY POWER SURPRISE, BATMAN..... I gotta say I was SURPRISED, SHOCKED AND IMPRESSED with the power and handling!!!

Impressed to the point where the hunt was on for a well-optioned, low mileage 2021+ P300 model.

I was told by the selling dealer that the 2018 V6 had a modified exhaust - it sounded (and drove) far better than the 2015 380 hp V6

While the 4 cylinder Turbo P300 has a decent rumble when pushed, I do miss the sound of my Mustang 5.0 liter where I replaced the mufflers with those from the Shelby V8.

Nice rumble, rich sound at idle, loud under serious throttle, BUT ZERO DRONE WHATSOEVER.

Seriously, no drone, nothing, NADA !

Exhaust upgrade options for the P300 are limited to SUPERSPRINT, QUICKSILVER and RAGAZZON, all of which claim (of course) no drone.

On-line research shows some mixed reviews on the Supersprint.

Unlike buying a pizza, (if it tastes bad, you throw it away and get something else next time) this is a higher ticket item that the buyer should be satisfied with and to complicate things, the SOUND is highly subjective, based on individual tastes and opinions.

I don't mind spending this kind of coin on this kind of car, and actually, really WANT TO, however IT NEEDS TO SOUND RIGHT FOR MY OWN NEEDS as once whichever trigger is pulled, I'LL OWN IT !

Some of these systems appear to be plug and play while others require additional apps to control the valving.

I can't imagine an 8-10 hour trip with an overwhelming, droning exhaust

The factory exhaust does sound good in Sport Mode, and there's no drone on the highway. Maybe JLR created the best of both worlds as they had far more development resources to product this product.

One recent

Maybe I should just stay with what I know and keep what I have.

The reality is, she's never going to sound like that 2018 V6 I drove, or a V8.

That said, I'd really like to see if I can improve what I have, but that marriage will require more information / sound clips.

Member Strilingsilver here speaks very highly of this product, and took the time to pose an audio/video clip from his driveway, however with all due respect I'd like to hear some on highway sounds or hear more opinions before getting hitched up with any of these products.

Any sharing of information on the P300 specifically will be appreciated.

BEST !

RWS

Old 04-30-2023, 01:04 PM

Bueller...... Bueller..... Bueller......???

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/sW6P26sp3HFvy" width="480" height="197" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/ferris-buellers-day-off-bueller-sW6P26sp3HFvy">via GIPHY</a></p>

Old 04-30-2023, 02:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderjet Racing
She was sitting on the front line of a local dealers lot.

stopped by out of curiosity - salesman threw me the keys............

............UH OH ! !

She was a low mileage, V6 340 2018 model.

and I was hooked

Then drove a (supposed) 2015 380 HP "S" model and was NOT impressed

Then drove a 2021 P300 model with 19,000 on the clock - really didn't expect anything out of this setup

HOLY POWER SURPRISE, BATMAN..... I gotta say I was SURPRISED, SHOCKED AND IMPRESSED with the power and handling!!!

Impressed to the point where the hunt was on for a well-optioned, low mileage 2021+ P300 model.

I was told by the selling dealer that the 2018 V6 had a modified exhaust - it sounded (and drove) far better than the 2015 380 hp V6

While the 4 cylinder Turbo P300 has a decent rumble when pushed, I do miss the sound of my Mustang 5.0 liter where I replaced the mufflers with those from the Shelby V8.

Nice rumble, rich sound at idle, loud under serious throttle, BUT ZERO DRONE WHATSOEVER.

Seriously, no drone, nothing, NADA !

Exhaust upgrade options for the P300 are limited to SUPERSPRINT, QUICKSILVER and RAGAZZON, all of which claim (of course) no drone.

On-line research shows some mixed reviews on the Supersprint.

Unlike buying a pizza, (if it tastes bad, you throw it away and get something else next time) this is a higher ticket item that the buyer should be satisfied with and to complicate things, the SOUND is highly subjective, based on individual tastes and opinions.

I don't mind spending this kind of coin on this kind of car, and actually, really WANT TO, however IT NEEDS TO SOUND RIGHT FOR MY OWN NEEDS as once whichever trigger is pulled, I'LL OWN IT !

Some of these systems appear to be plug and play while others require additional apps to control the valving.

I can't imagine an 8-10 hour trip with an overwhelming, droning exhaust

The factory exhaust does sound good in Sport Mode, and there's no drone on the highway. Maybe JLR created the best of both worlds as they had far more development resources to product this product.

One recent

Maybe I should just stay with what I know and keep what I have.

The reality is, she's never going to sound like that 2018 V6 I drove, or a V8.

That said, I'd really like to see if I can improve what I have, but that marriage will require more information / sound clips.

Member Strilingsilver here speaks very highly of this product, and took the time to pose an audio/video clip from his driveway, however with all due respect I'd like to hear some on highway sounds or hear more opinions before getting hitched up with any of these products.

Any sharing of information on the P300 specifically will be appreciated.

BEST !

RWS
I removed the central muffler and replaced it with a straight pipe (the part marked with a cricle). The sound has increased just enough to not make me think about changing the whole terminal and center pipe.

Mine is EURO 6B and I have a double catalyst. I was thinking of removing the second catalytic converter (the part marked with an "X") as well but I don't know if this can cause errors in the ECU. The lambda sensor are before and after the first catalyst.

Old 04-30-2023, 04:06 PM

THANK YOU for the response.

Do you experience any drone at sustained highway speeds?

Thats my biggest concern.

What's the sound like otherwise?

BEST !

RWS

Old 05-01-2023, 04:05 AM

THANK YOU for the response.

Do you experience any drone at sustained highway speeds?

Thats my biggest concern.

What's the sound like otherwise?

BEST !

RWS
yes friend, I tested the car in all conditions and NO drone sound.
you will have a slightly fuller sound than the original. but what Euro homologation is yours?

Old 05-01-2023, 07:00 AM

I'm presently a 2021 unmodified US version

I had been considering one of the aftermarket exhausts - but my biggest issue is the sound and NO DRONE

So, a simple removal of the forward muffler did the trick for you ?

BEST !

RWS

Old 05-01-2023, 07:32 AM
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

I’ve had a Supersprint in my P300 for about 2 weeks, now.
I paid my local indy Jaguar mechanic to install it. It took him one hour ($120). He had no problems. I have done a few exhausts myself, and it can be an awful job if the pipes are not bent exactly right and the welding done perfectly. It’s fair to say also that installations can vary slightly from one car to another.
Later on, I noticed that the position of the two chrome exit pipes was not precisely symmetrical/level. (I am one of those people who walks into a room and feels an urge to straighten pictures hanging on the wall.). I measured an approximately 1/8” (3 mm) difference in the position of the two pipes. But, I was pleased to find that the Supersprint has an adjustment for this. This is something to consider when making a choice. You cannot easily bend or hammer on stainless steel. I adjusted it, and now the positioning is perfect.
The sound is subjective. My wife says that when I first start the car in the garage, it shakes the house :-)). Within a minute or so, when the idle lowers, it is quiet. I am quite pleased. Loud when I want it, otherwise quiet. No drone on the highway. Looks. good, too!

Supersprint

The following 3 users liked this post by stirlingsilver:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (02-28-2024), Thunderjet Racing (05-01-2023), Turko (05-02-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by stirlingsilver
I’ve had a Supersprint in my P300 for about 2 weeks, now.
I paid my local indy Jaguar mechanic to install it. It took him one hour ($120). He had no problems. I have done a few exhausts myself, and it can be an awful job if the pipes are not bent exactly right and the welding done perfectly. It’s fair to say also that installations can vary slightly from one car to another.
Later on, I noticed that the position of the two chrome exit pipes was not precisely symmetrical/level. (I am one of those people who walks into a room and feels an urge to straighten pictures hanging on the wall.). I measured an approximately 1/8” (3 mm) difference in the position of the two pipes. But, I was pleased to find that the Supersprint has an adjustment for this. This is something to consider when making a choice. You cannot easily bend or hammer on stainless steel. I adjusted it, and now the positioning is perfect.
The sound is subjective. My wife says that when I first start the car in the garage, it shakes the house :-)). Within a minute or so, when the idle lowers, it is quiet. I am quite pleased. Loud when I want it, otherwise quiet. No drone on the highway. Looks. good, too!

Supersprint
Any problems with the neighbors with the loud startup?

Can you do a courtesy start with the dash button?

Did you retain the forward muffler or delete it in favor of the straight pipe ?

BEST !

RWS

Old 05-02-2023, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

I've a straight through exhaust on my 2.0 since I bought it new in 2018, all boxes off, great pops and bangs and no drone, don't be going down the route off a named manufacture, save your money, same thing to bring to exhaust shop and get all boxes off and get the pipes fabricated, not a big job. I fitted twin 5" pipes

The following users liked this post:
Clovis997 (03-05-2024)
Old 05-02-2023, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I've a straight through exhaust on my 2.0 since I bought it new in 2018, all boxes off, great pops and bangs and no drone, don't be going down the route off a named manufacture, save your money, same thing to bring to exhaust shop and get all boxes off and get the pipes fabricated, not a big job. I fitted twin 5" pipes

have you also removed the second catalyst?the one found on the downpipe?

Thunderjet Racing (05-11-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by manuninja
have you also removed the second catalyst?the one found on the downpipe?
No have not, you'll be opening a can of worms later on down the road, it's a 2.0 not a V6 or V8 removing the cat does little, I've have few jags V6 and few Xkr's the noise will never be near these, ive noboxes at all , the bought systems all have a rear box, i dont, the best sounding . The best sounding 2.0 available is the merc amg A45 if only the 2.0 jag sounded like it.

Old 05-03-2023, 04:21 AM

No have not, you'll be opening a can of worms later on down the road, it's a 2.0 not a V6 or V8 removing the cat does little, I've have few jags V6 and few Xkr's the noise will never be near these, ive noboxes at all , the bought systems all have a rear box, i dont, the best sounding . The best sounding 2.0 available is the merc amg A45 if only the 2.0 jag sounded like it.
I don’t want remove all both cat, but only the second cat. The one located after the two lambda sensor.
I don't know if anyone has done this and if they have had problems with the ecu.
I believe that the exhaust temperatures would drop and that I would have a little more sound.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:44 AM

I don't want it to sound like an 18 year old's riceburner.

No offense to riceburners - just sayin

BEST !

RWS

Old 05-03-2023, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

I don't want it to sound like an 18 year old's riceburner.

No offense to riceburners - just sayin

BEST !

RWS
your correct you dont want that, I owned 6 jags so think I know a few things about them, as I said all were V6 or V8. The last been my xkr which had a modified system and an unreal growl which I miss every time I drive the 2.0 F type. The reason for switch was Co2 tax and emmisons in Ireland.
The 2.0 is what it is , you can't really get a great sound because of the turbo.
If you look at my posts I've one of the biggest modifications done to a 2.0 I'd say, but I'd stay away from tunning and messing with cats

The following 2 users liked this post by powerhouse:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-03-2023), Thunderjet Racing (05-03-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 08:34 PM

Tune not under consideration

exhaust most definitely is

BEST !

RWS

Old 05-04-2023, 06:20 AM

<snip>

The 2.0 is what it is , you can't really get a great sound because of the turbo.
TRUE !

I learned this on a boat when I upgraded from gas to turbodiesel.

The individual sound(s) created downstream of the exhaust valves opening is disrupted by the turbocharger's turbine wheel.

It's not that she's a 4 pot - it's the turbo in the exhaust stream.

BEST !

RWS
​​​​​​​

Old 05-06-2023, 06:16 PM
Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Ragazzon user here, install was very simple definitely adds a little more growl (depth) pops a little more aggressive also, zero drone and we tour this car. Overall i am very happy with it considering all options, it added what i was looking for. If you wanna PM me we could set up a video call and maybe give you a little better idea it didn't sound the same on video though and that's why i haven't posted a video.

Thunderjet Racing (05-06-2023)
Old 05-07-2023, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cosshog
Ragazzon user here, install was very simple definitely adds a little more growl (depth) pops a little more aggressive also, zero drone and we tour this car. Overall i am very happy with it considering all options, it added what i was looking for. If you wanna PM me we could set up a video call and maybe give you a little better idea it didn't sound the same on video though and that's why i haven't posted a video.
I'm not clear ...... Does the Ragazzon utilize the Jaguar factory open/close valves and connections or is there more hardware and the need to use an iPhone or android device to control it?

EDITED - It's the Quicksilver system that is set up that way - available through JAGMADNESS:

Jaguar F Type Performance Exhaust by Quicksilver - 2.0L - Sound Architect (jagmadness.com)

way too complicated for me.

I do, however love that sound button

Most importantly, what were your reasons for choosing this system over the Supersprint and others?

BEST !

RWS

Last edited by Thunderjet Racing; 05-07-2023 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-08-2023, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/en...hitect-2020-on

The price of that, Madness alright, €350. Cost me to get mine done

Old 05-08-2023, 08:20 AM

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/en...hitect-2020-on

The price of that, Madness alright, €350. Cost me to get mine done
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Putting all costs aside, I wonder how your system would sound if I left the resonator intact.

But then, I'd lose the valving, which is really important to me.

The Ragazzon and Supersprint options both retain the valving

Not looking for LOUD, scared to hell about a DRONE, just looking for something more mellow and I do realize the issues of a 4 pot with a compressor wheel in the exhaust stream.

BEST !

RWS

Quick Reply: P300 Exhaust Options