F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P300 Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 10:06 AM
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts

Further research shows the Ragazzon is available WITH a resonator . . . . . .

maybe this is the way to go ???

BEST !

RWS

Old 05-08-2023, 12:28 PM
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/en...hitect-2020-on

The price of that, Madness alright, €350. Cost me to get mine done
No, it’s not Madness. We just have different approaches. Yours is the “thrifty” one. I am honestly happy that you are pleased with your custom-fabricated exhaust. I’m glad there are still some jobs that the owner can perform on these modern sports cars.
Mine is the “spend the money it takes to get the exhaust I want” approach. When I shopped for an F-Type, I knew it would be expensive, even after the sale. Hey, it’s a Jaguar. The Supersprint was the right choice for me.
But, I continue to learn from this forum that there are jobs I can handle myself, and those that I know enough to pay someone else to do. And, I don’t know a good exhaust fab “guy” and am way beyond the point of lying on my back under a car. Those days are gone for me.

The following 3 users liked this post by stirlingsilver:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-09-2023), Thunderjet Racing (05-11-2023), Turko (05-09-2023)
Old 05-08-2023, 01:43 PM

Gotta say I really do appreciate all the info being shared here.

Had to make a run up to Kentucky last week to visit with an old friend going into hospice.

2 days up and 2 days back.

I would have gone nuts if I had to listen to a drone for 20 hours!My last car was a 5.0 L Mustang

I wasn’t looking for the BORLA , ATAK or any kind of 100% harsh sound, but went with the FORD RACING axelback setup.

This gave me a rich, deep throaty and strong note with zero, absolutely ZERO drone.

She sounded great at all speeds with a deeper, richer tone than the factory setup, but she let you know she meant business when the pedal was pushed hard.

Her signature note was well known in the neighborhood and at work and definitely not annoying.

I’m an older guy, not looking for the kicks 18 year olds get just making loud noises.

The challenge is the turbocharger’s turbine wheel interfering with the exhaust note, combined with the limitations of a 4 cylinder engine.

I realize it’s never going to sound like a non-turbo 8 cylinder, nor a supercharged Jag.

I really want the ability to have the dash switch for ACTIVE EXHAUST

I can't get that with POWERHOUSE'S option.

I do plan on keeping this car for a long time and don't really mind the coin for the exhaust upgrade, PROVIDED I GET IT RIGHT.

I've ruled out most of the others and am now down to the RAGAZZON or SUPERSPRINT systems.

Both offer a direct connection to the factory ACTIVE EXHAUST

RAGAZZON offers an optional forward resonator, which I do not believe is available from SUPERSPRINT.

Of course, there's always the option of leaving the factory resonator intact, but then maybe it'll be too quiet.

Maybe go with the Ragazzon, include the Ragazzon resonator and install a straight pipe if it's too quiet.

Otherwise, go with the Supersprint, and add the factory resonator back on if it's too loud.

Too bad I can't go and listen to one for real, the choice would be easy.

I do understand I’m not buying an exhaust system, but rather I’m buying WHAT IT CAN DO IN IMPROVING THE SOUND !

Makes sense?

Again, I really appreciate all the information sharing on this Forum.

BEST !

RWS

Last edited by Thunderjet Racing; 05-08-2023 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-09-2023, 06:43 PM
Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

I went between the same 2 exhausts as you, originally I had the SuperSprint on order but it kept getting delayed (happened during covid) eventually I just went with the Ragazzon and I like it a lot. I went without the resonator there's no drone at all (I would've removed it instantly if that was the case) Driving the car in manual mode with it definitely sounds the best, its a massive upgrade from the stock exhaust.
Honestly though you can't go wrong with either both companies make really good quality exhausts

The following users liked this post:
Thunderjet Racing (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 09:59 AM

I'm ready to pull the trigger and am between SUPERSPRINT and RAGAZZON

Audio/Video links here:SUPERSPRINT:

RAGAZZON:

Hard to tell a difference. The Ragazzon box is much larger, I'd expect a deeper tone from it but its just so damned hard to tell much from these media clips.

- (I know, it's a 4 pot with a turbo wheel in the exhaust stream, but the object is to improve it as best we can)

I don't really care about the price difference, just wanting a nice warm, deep tone

Seems that everyone who has commented has said these is no drone with either system.

BEST !

RWS

Last edited by Thunderjet Racing; 05-11-2023 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:24 AM
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Yeah, you can't tell much from video clips.
I went on a good run Sunday with another F-Type. We ran for a while at 80-90 mph. No drone. Plenty of power, for me.
I had a Supersprint on my TR4, back in the day, so there was a bit of nostalgia in my purchase decision. SS has been in business for 68 years.

The following 3 users liked this post by stirlingsilver:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-11-2023), Thunderjet Racing (05-11-2023), Turko (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 10:45 AM

had to make an unexpected trip up to KY to see an old friend going the Hospice route.

Up and back - right at 2,000 miles alone

I found that road noise takes an increase as you get over 80, and becomes noticeable at 90+ range

I tried to run at 80, but occasionally looked down to see I was 88-94 - the road noise is different at that speed - that's what alerted me

Anyway, will likely pull the trigger tomorrow.

BEST!

RWS

Old 05-11-2023, 11:44 AM
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I had an Arden cat back exhaust on my 2011 XJ 5.0 NA. Loved the sound and the German Quality held up to 100k miles. I should have removed it before I traded it in with 144k miles on the car.

Thunderjet Racing (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 04:47 PM

THANKS !

Arden does not offer a product for the F-Type.

Lead times about the same for SUPERSPRINT and RAGAZZON

Gotta choose one.............

Old 05-12-2023, 03:43 AM

I've read on other Forums where some have fabricated (or plan to, or wish they had) a plate to fill in the space between the twin pipes and the opening to hide the muffler behind the pipes.

Going to place my order today - (just need to decide which one)

I was thinking to use high heat flat black to simply paint the aft side of the muffler prior to installation.

Comments?

BEST !

RWS

Old 05-12-2023, 10:04 AM

Well, for everyone who's now quite tired of my over-**** analysis of P300 exhaust system improvements, I am happy to report that I've closed this one out.

THIS WAS NOT AN EASY CHOICE !

Just ordered the RAGAZZON system.

I want to thank Roberto over at SUPERSPRINT, who has been extremely helpful and responsive to all my questions, and especially the numerous FORUM members here who have helped me with their own experiences publicly on this thread, and especially on the PRIVATE MESSAGE side of things.

For the benefit of those who look at this thread down the road, I'll post some detailed text, videos and photos as a follow up.

BEST !

RWS

Cosshog (05-15-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 11:41 AM
Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Harris .....

Hi Harris,
I am genuinely excited and happy for you. It's all about personal choices in the free market. Thank you for your kind words. I'm here to help anyone & everyone.
Respectfully,
Roberto

The following 4 users liked this post by Supersprint Sport Exhausts:
Cosshog (05-15-2023), DJS (05-13-2023), Thunderjet Racing (05-12-2023), Turko (05-12-2023)
Old 02-18-2024, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderjet Racing
Well, for everyone who's now quite tired of my over-**** analysis of P300 exhaust system improvements, I am happy to report that I've closed this one out.

THIS WAS NOT AN EASY CHOICE !

Just ordered the RAGAZZON system.

I want to thank Roberto over at SUPERSPRINT, who has been extremely helpful and responsive to all my questions, and especially the numerous FORUM members here who have helped me with their own experiences publicly on this thread, and especially on the PRIVATE MESSAGE side of things.

For the benefit of those who look at this thread down the road, I'll post some detailed text, videos and photos as a follow up.

BEST !

RWS
Hi, I’m also at the point of ordering but I keep asking myself the same question: ordering the one with the resonator or the one without so just a straight pipe. So I was wondering: which one did you get? And are you satisfied with the result? Thanks.

Old 02-19-2024, 04:43 AM
Received 170 Likes on 102 Posts
Default P300 exhaust.....

Hello everyone,
here is the SuperSprint exhaust for the P300 model F Type sports car.

If you have any questions please contact me. Thank you.
Roberto

Old 02-19-2024, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jaguarrrr
Hi, I’m also at the point of ordering but I keep asking myself the same question: ordering the one with the resonator or the one without so just a straight pipe. So I was wondering: which one did you get? And are you satisfied with the result? Thanks.

IChoosing between the Ragazzon and the Supersprint was not an easy decision.

I ultimately went with this:

Jaguar F-Type Performance Exhaust System - Ragazzon - 2.0L Turbo - Center Exit - Vacuum Valve Design - Non Resonated - Dual Tip

Absolutely love it.

I considered trading for a Firense red 2024 450 with 500 miles on the clock at a local dealer.

Dynamic suspension aside, the same options as my loaded SPECIAL EDITION - even has the same wheels !

I drove the car and while it had TREMENDOUS TORQUE, it felt heavy and much to my surprise, while it sounded great at idle, driving the car did not sound as good as my P300 with all it's pops, burps and bangs.

I drove away from the dealership with a newfound appreciation of my own car !

Do your due diligence before pulling the trigger and talk with owners of both systems.

BEST !

RWS

Old 02-22-2024, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cosshog
Ragazzon user here, install was very simple definitely adds a little more growl (depth) pops a little more aggressive also, zero drone and we tour this car. Overall i am very happy with it considering all options, it added what i was looking for. If you wanna PM me we could set up a video call and maybe give you a little better idea it didn't sound the same on video though and that's why i haven't posted a video.
Hi, which one do you have the one with the resonator or the one without? Thanks.

Old 02-28-2024, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Thunderjet Racing
IChoosing between the Ragazzon and the Supersprint was not an easy decision.

I ultimately went with this:

Jaguar F-Type Performance Exhaust System - Ragazzon - 2.0L Turbo - Center Exit - Vacuum Valve Design - Non Resonated - Dual Tip

Absolutely love it.

I considered trading for a Firense red 2024 450 with 500 miles on the clock at a local dealer.

Dynamic suspension aside, the same options as my loaded SPECIAL EDITION - even has the same wheels !

I drove the car and while it had TREMENDOUS TORQUE, it felt heavy and much to my surprise, while it sounded great at idle, driving the car did not sound as good as my P300 with all it's pops, burps and bangs.

I drove away from the dealership with a newfound appreciation of my own car !

Do your due diligence before pulling the trigger and talk with owners of both systems.

BEST !

RWS
​​​​​​​

Hi, one last question, do you experience any drone while driving ?

Last edited by Jaguarrrr; 02-28-2024 at 02:54 AM. Reason: adding quote
Old 02-28-2024, 04:42 AM

no resonator, no drone.

I will say you CAN hear the exhaust in the cabin with the windows closed.

At highway speeds - on the interstate you can enjoy it, or flip the switch for a quiet ride.

Keep in mind THIS CAR WILL NEVER SOUND LIKE A V8

My last car was a Mustang GT. I installed the GT500 exhaust.

The P300 will never sound that good.

Consider that the exhaust stream is interrupted by the turbine wheel of the turbocharger.

Still, put the window down and enjoy the jet engine whine of the turbo, combined with the upgraded exhaust.

let off the accelerator at mis range RPM or higher, she will upshift with the pops and bangs.

Like driving a stick.

BEST !

RWS

Last edited by Thunderjet Racing; 02-28-2024 at 04:50 AM.