F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P7 Grill - Body Matched Surround - Looking for photo....

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 10:43 AM
Received 377 Likes on 174 Posts
Default P7 Grill - Body Matched Surround - Looking for photo....

After much deliberation and consideration, I sourced an official P7 grill and surround. I have some 3D printed sensor holders currently waiting for me at a buddy's house and a new badge on the way as well.

I remember once seeing someone with (I think) a red F-Type that painted the surround body color and left the insert gloss black. Does anyone by chance have a body colored surround on their grill like this or a picture of a car with the grill surround body color matched?

The following 2 users liked this post by skizot:
PaulBarrrera (03-01-2024), zochmenos (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 10:50 AM

I found a picture of a white on white one, still want to see one with another color.

Old 03-01-2024, 11:59 AM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey skizot,
You were originally helpful with the late mcphil in trying to get a reverse-engineered insert for the P7 grill, utilizing the import knock-off of the frame as a base. Forum posts from him just pror to his unfortunate death seemingly indicated that his insert was in final production and that the frames were already in shipment. Not to be morbid and certainly respecting his family's wishes, was there ever any outreach to them concerning that venture? I'd be willing to financially join a limited investor group to continue with his program (if possible) so that they can recapture his investment and also as a tribute to his effort for the F-Type community. What say you?

Last edited by PaulBarrrera; 03-01-2024 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by PaulBarrrera
Hey skizot,
You were originally helpful with the late mcphil in trying to get a reverse-engineered insert for the P7 grill, utilizing the import knock-off of the frame as a base. Forum posts from him just pror to his unfortunate death seemingly indicated that his insert was in final production and that the frames were already in shipment. Not to be morbid and certainly respecting his family's wishes, was there ever any outreach to them concerning that venture? I'd be willing to financially join a limited investor group to continue with his program (if possible) so that they can recapture his investment and also as a tribute to his effort for the F-Type community. What say you?
I did actually speak with his brother in law, shortly after his passing to pay my respects. He actually responded to one of my private messages, but to be honest, all of his assets were property of his wife's and from what I understand, she is a medical doctor, super busy and was never able to be back in contact with her on this. If interested, I have found a source for the OEM grill albeit expensive. Not sure inventory levels, but I just received mine and was worth the price, seeing they are basically discontinued.

I did find another color matched version, still on the fence what to do. I am leaning towards color matching versus painting piano black.

The following users liked this post:
PaulBarrrera (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 12:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did your friend get the 3D sensor holder?
Do you know if they are still available?
Before you install them, can you send me a picture of them? I just want to get an idea of what they look like.

Originally Posted by skizot
After much deliberation and consideration, I sourced an official P7 grill and surround. I have some 3D printed sensor holders currently waiting for me at a buddy's house and a new badge on the way as well.

I remember once seeing someone with (I think) a red F-Type that painted the surround body color and left the insert gloss black. Does anyone by chance have a body colored surround on their grill like this or a picture of a car with the grill surround body color matched?

Old 03-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks skizot, I might be be interested if it includes the insert also. I agree that the color-matched grill frame looks very nice and subtle. You can contact me by message or email with the grill info. email: paul@jakesforsteaks.com

Last edited by PaulBarrrera; 03-01-2024 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moep
Before you install them, can you send me a picture of them? I just want to get an idea of what they look like.
I have a P7 grill and needed the sensors as well. I took the digital file (posted in one of the many threads on the P7) and paid a 3D printing service on Etsy. Cost about $25 including shipping. Took a week.

Old 03-01-2024, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Moep
P7 Grille Parking Sensor Mount for Jaguar F-Type by Whalesmash - Thingiverse

Old 03-01-2024, 01:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

This popped up on my feed a few days ago. Viable alternative to those who are willing to spend the elbow grease rather than crack open their wallets for a genuine grille. I probably would have gone this route rather than getting the paramount grille had I known about it. The quality of my grille is pretty foul.

The following users liked this post:
dBel84 (03-03-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Here is my White one with Black surround...Since you already have a White with White.. I think the color matching looks fine...Just seems to maybe make the overall grille look smaller?

Good luck.
DC

Old 03-04-2024, 08:55 AM

So after much deliberation on this topic, I think I plan to paint the grill surround gloss piano black. For two reasons. The biggest reason is that the way the center insert sits into the grill surround, there are several of the honeycomb design that sits across the top row external from behind the grill and second to better match the rest of the gloss black accents of the car. May take a little bit before I get to tackle this, but by April I should have time to get it done.

The following 2 users liked this post by skizot:
PaulBarrrera (03-04-2024), zochmenos (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 09:23 AM
Received 78 Likes on 27 Posts

You might also consider having the grille surround wrapped in Xpel gloss black PPF. I had this done on my splitter, side skirts, and rear spoiler. It matches the piano black on the rest of the car very well and has held up well to all of the little debris that gets thrown at the car.