F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P7 grille

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 07:36 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Meister_Kajo
I'll wait a few more days and collect the orders. Then I will order the adapters from my friend.
I think I'll do another one or two more.
Because of price and shipping I will write to you via PM.
PM sent

Old 05-24-2018, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 319 Posts

No problem ordering the parts, got a price for the OEM grille and surround from my dealer for €415/£363 shipped to me, the paramount is £380/€434 without shipping. The OEM part is cheaper than paramount, interesting. OEM part it is. Im lucky i have no front sensors to worry about, holding back on buying due to thinking of the work needed to remove the front bumper, anyone with step to step details on this, thanks.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by powerhouse
No problem ordering the parts, got a price for the OEM grille and surround from my dealer for €415/£363 shipped to me, the paramount is £380/€434 without shipping. The OEM part is cheaper than paramount, interesting. OEM part it is. Im lucky i have no front sensors to worry about, holding back on buying due to thinking of the work needed to remove the front bumper, anyone with step to step details on this, thanks.
Step by step:
1. Remove 467 bolts
2. Pull nose straight forward.
3. Remove bolts around the surround and remove.
4. Remove bumper foam from bumper beam.
Reverse steps 1–3.
extremely simple, but time consuming
easiest to have a helper to pull off nose and to put back in place.

The following users liked this post:
ryd003 (01-07-2020)
Old 05-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd

Step by step:
1. Remove 467 bolts
2. Pull nose straight forward.
3. Remove bolts around the surround and remove.
4. Remove bumper foam from bumper beam.
Reverse steps 1–3.
extremely simple, but time consuming
easiest to have a helper to pull off nose and to put back in place.
Thanks Unhingd, 467 bolts imagining missing one and you can't find it. Right so going to order and go from there. I would be spraying the surround gloss black to match the black pack, does the grille come gloss painted or just primed. The growler badge, is it a matter of just transferring the current grill badge to the P7 grille

Old 05-24-2018, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Unhingd, 467 bolts imagining missing one and you can't find it. Right so going to order and go from there. I would be spraying the surround gloss black to match the black pack, does the grille come gloss painted or just primed. The growler badge, is it a matter of just transferring the current grill badge to the P7 grille
The P7 grille is gloss black plastic. I do not believe it is painted. I opted for a matte black on the surround for a subtle contrast to both the gloss black grille and the BRG paint. To be clear, there may only be 2 or 3 dozen screws to deal with, but it feels like 467.if you are careful removing the growler from the grille by heating it with a hair dryer and looping some dental floss behind it and pulling the growler outwards, all the adhesive will remain on the back of the medallion. The medallion can then be reapplied to the new grille.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:10 PM
Veteran Member

The P7 grille is gloss black plastic. I do not believe it is painted. I opted for a matte black on the surround for a subtle contrast to both the gloss black grille and the BRG paint. To be clear, there may only be 2 or 3 dozen screws to deal with, but it feels like 467.if you are careful removing the growler from the grille by heating it with a hair dryer and looping some dental floss behind it and pulling the growler outwards, all the adhesive will remain on the back of the medallion. The medallion can then be reapplied to the new grille.
Thanks for the help Unhingd, Ahhh relief , only a few screws, your a mind of information, i suppose the undertray has to come off

Old 05-24-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Thanks for the help Unhingd, Ahhh relief , only a few screws, your a mind of information, i suppose the undertray has to come off
Yep, the undertray needs to come off, and that is where most of the 467 bolts are!

Old 03-15-2020, 11:29 AM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll PM you tomorrow with details.
looking for the P7 grille as well. Spent a lot of time searching for sources with no success. Can someone help the new guy?

Old 11-01-2020, 09:17 AM
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

could you please help me with the ordering information. I’d like a P7 grill. Can’t stand the bar look.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Deogee
looking for the P7 grille as well. Spent a lot of time searching for sources with no success. Can someone help the new guy?
Originally Posted by Stuart Satter
could you please help me with the ordering information. I’d like a P7 grill. Can’t stand the bar look.
The one challenging thing for these parts is they are limited use/production/distribution and you need a P7 VIN to place an order. You can basically order from any dealer or OEM part provider but need the VIN so they can order from JLR.

There is a ton of good info on this thread if you read back through it. Pretty sure they have part numbers etc., so would encourage you to read the whole thread (and there may be more on another thread?...Cannot recall).

At any rate, you need a grille and grille surround and will need to have the surround painted to your liking, and then if you have the Vision package, will need the parking sensor holders. The whole front needs to come off to install as well.

I am in the process now of getting the final pieces, and once I get it installed I can do another DIY with all info in one spot like I have done for other topics?

Good luck...The Key is the VIN as they are close to vest with these items and they are not cheap. I think I am at about ~$1250 currently, and that should be close to it (I am doing all the work myself of course), if you pay someone you can add to that.

DC

Also...After all of this...The tow hook hole will be in a spot it cannot be reached through the new grille...So you will need to buy the P7 bar (which again is expensive!) or cut and move the existing one...All of that info is on here as well..

Old 11-01-2020, 11:00 AM
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you have the VIN number?

Old 11-01-2020, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

There are a limited number of them and they are all unique. I searched the internet and found some. I shared them with Unhingd, and he has sort of been an unofficial keeper/admin of them. Our guess is if they see the same VIN used multiple times in succession, they may shut it down? Not sure why they would not just sell the hell out of them as they are at a rape me price anyway. A small plastic surround retailing for ~ +$600. Not sure why making the regular trim is ~$150 and has more detail to accommodate the bar?? I thought my Porsches were bad!

So my suggestion is to search for "Project 7 Jaguar" and maybe add "Sale" and see what VINS you can find. Really no science to it, more of an art...And not sure which ones have been used. Maybe JLR will assume someone is just a really bad driver?

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 11-01-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

PM sent.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I get P7 grill and VIN #?

Old 01-18-2022, 04:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by X152
Where can I get P7 grill and VIN #?
Don't think they are available any longer. The VIN is covered multiple times if you read the thread, or search the multiple threads on this topic.

DC

Last edited by Therock88; 01-18-2022 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent.
may I have one as well?

Old 01-18-2022, 12:52 PM
Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts

No dealer has one available. And there is no eta to get one.

The following users liked this post:
Therock88 (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

I think that both the P7 grille, surround, and bumper bar are all depleted in stock and that even if you had a P7, the dealer you bought from would not be able to find them. Will any more be made? My expectation is that they will not. Will I be proven wrong? It wouldn't be the first time my predictions have been off, but I put money on this one. I've got two of the three parts sitting in the garage.

Old 01-19-2022, 06:10 AM
Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I think that both the P7 grille, surround, and bumper bar are all depleted in stock and that even if you had a P7, the dealer you bought from would not be able to find them. Will any more be made? My expectation is that they will not. Will I be proven wrong? It wouldn't be the first time my predictions have been off, but I put money on this one. I've got two of the three parts sitting in the garage.
Are you going to use them? Would you be willing to sell the grille?

Old 01-19-2022, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrance39
Are you going to use them? Would you be willing to sell the grille?
Yes, I'm going to use them. I tried to get the P7 bumper bar with the different towing eye location but it was out of stock with no known availability date. My conclusion based on that and what I've heard here about the grilles is that JLR probably will not tool up for another run.

I've not yet decided if I'll put it on unmodified with the stock bar (losing use of the towing eye), modify it to clear the eye, or get a standard bumper bar and modify it. All three options have been noted here. Since I need to do the swap in the driveway it'll likely be spring in any case. I'm also looking to install some Hella Supertones when I'm in there.

Quick Reply: P7 grille