F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P7 Grille Lockdown Project Finally Done

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 10:39 AM
Received 177 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
bcbruno - Some states in the US require front plates, and some don't.
Including in California, where the OP is located and where they've increasingly started to enforce this. It used to be that certain municipalities would maybe ticket you while parked (looking at you, West Hollywood...) but now CHP has started pulling people over just for not having a front plate.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

Looks even nicer with the suds

The following 2 users liked this post by powerhouse:
madmax1911 (06-27-2020), Therock88 (06-27-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 07:49 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by wurldfamuz
front license plate?? what is that?
Perfect response!!! from a fellow OC F-Type pilot who flys low with no plates whatsoever.

Old 06-26-2020, 09:08 PM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
Perfect response!!! from a fellow OC F-Type pilot who flys low with no plates whatsoever.
Funny, I was offered numerous options for relocation when my agency was closing bases and the first thing I checked were schools (my daughter was 6 at the time) and which states required front license plates. I figured I would find a suitable house in each location and I can utilize eBay and Amazon for things not available locally, but I could not stomach drilling holes in the front of my car or disrupting the flow of the front end of my cars. Silly perhaps, but I’m with you on the “what is this license plate you speak of....”

Old 06-27-2020, 01:17 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Lani Kai
Including in California, where the OP is located and where they've increasingly started to enforce this. It used to be that certain municipalities would maybe ticket you while parked (looking at you, West Hollywood...) but now CHP has started pulling people over just for not having a front plate.
Ahhh, Florida. We make a lot of crazy headlines, but a front plate isn't one of them.

The following users liked this post:
RichardCranium (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Ahhh, Florida. We make a lot of crazy headlines, but a front plate isn't one of them.
Exactly, Florida is where I moved from in 2010 - should just be renamed to “Thunderdome” - everything people,say about how ridiculous that state it doesn’t even begin to capture it,

JacksonvilleJag (06-27-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually bought an F-Type without a vision pack with deliberate intent to install a one-piece grille (AND I'm in a state with no front tags). Now I'm just totally stumped about where to actually procure the damn part! Seems like plenty of folks are able to get them, but so far the only ones I've found are the cautionary-tale replicas from Paramount and ebay (China).

Old 07-07-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Joel Hendrickson
I actually bought an F-Type without a vision pack with deliberate intent to install a one-piece grille (AND I'm in a state with no front tags). Now I'm just totally stumped about where to actually procure the damn part! Seems like plenty of folks are able to get them, but so far the only ones I've found are the cautionary-tale replicas from Paramount and ebay (China).
Not to Unhinged any names but Lance assisted me getting my p7 grill parts from Brit car. He is an institution on the forum and I super thankful for his help; however, the availability of the requisite information needed to source a grill and surround are not limitless. I would start there.

Joel Hendrickson (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Joel Hendrickson
If you really want a P7 grille then you have to put in the work, the only help I got from the forum was recommended JLR dealers to order the parts from but you can pretty much order the parts from any dealer as long as you have the required vin # which I got all on my own by doing work along with some creative thinking and with some luck as well. If youre located in the US, I recommend try ordering iit from a US dealer to avoid having to pay extra on shipping cost and taxes/tarrif fees.
I've only seen the pictures the early production of the paramount/veizu one piece grille but if they have improved the quality of the product and the workmanship is better and for half the cost of the oem and less hassle to get one i think the paramount version will do just fine. Once the surround is painted the grille is on the bumper and the bumper bar cover is gone, the front end will look 10x better and i don't think it matters anymore if the P7 grille is oem or aftermarket, neither adds any horsepower or will make the car any faster

Joel Hendrickson (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by gg2684
Not to Unhinged any names but Lance assisted me getting my p7 grill parts from Brit car. He is an institution on the forum and I super thankful for his help; however, the availability of the requisite information needed to source a grill and surround are not limitless. I would start there.
Thanks! I have to pay 8 more posts in lurker tax, then I'll be allowed to send them a message!

Old 07-07-2020, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by wurldfamuz
If you really want a P7 grille then you have to put in the work, the only help I got from the forum was recommended JLR dealers to order the parts from but you can pretty much order the parts from any dealer as long as you have the required vin # which I got all on my own by doing work along with some creative thinking and with some luck as well. If youre located in the US, I recommend try ordering iit from a US dealer to avoid having to pay extra on shipping cost and taxes/tarrif fees.
I've only seen the pictures the early production of the paramount/veizu one piece grille but if they have improved the quality of the product and the workmanship is better and for half the cost of the oem and less hassle to get one i think the paramount version will do just fine. Once the surround is painted the grille is on the bumper and the bumper bar cover is gone, the front end will look 10x better and i don't think it matters anymore if the P7 grille is oem or aftermarket, neither adds any horsepower or will make the car any faster
It sort of like digging for buried treasure. I don't mind if the digging is hard work, I just haven't figured out where to start digging. I started by asking the local dealer they said they could figure out a way to get the part if I had it installed there. The installation quote was nearly $1,000 *without any parking sensors,* and the whole conversation had a very "off the books" vibe that felt like someone was running a side business.

I think it's been a few years since that Paramount photo circulated 'round these parts, and I also wondered if quality had improved. Seems like it would be pretty easy to just trim the flash with a Dremmel and an embossing gun, then plastidip the mesh in a satin black. For the surround, I was already planning to wrap in chrome vinyl and ceramic coat it.

At that point, if the whole thing is being refinished anyway, is there really any benefit to having the OEM part?

Old 07-08-2020, 10:15 AM
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I got mine done during quarantine too. I love this look, though I realize its not everyone's taste (stripe included).

The following 3 users liked this post by STMPY:
madmax1911 (07-08-2020), Mbourne (07-09-2020), Noshame (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 10:56 AM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

I hate threads like these....It gives me that itch to do mine!

Old 07-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Anyone whose tackled this in the Socal area have recommendations for an installer?

Old 07-08-2020, 10:11 PM

Let me know if any of you guys want to sell your front grille components to me after the swap. My grille is all f-ed up.