F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painting The Rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 11:31 AM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Painting The Rear Diffuser

If anyone has painted the rear diffuser and the plastic piece above it that conatins the reverse lights body color, please post some pictures. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2020, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill W
If anyone has painted the rear diffuser and the plastic piece above it that conatins the reverse lights body color, please post some pictures. Thanks.
Are you looking for some that are the color of the car? Or black? or?? My lower diffuser is Polaris White like the car, but the plastic surround is gloss black. I actually used black out tint on the reverse lights, so they blend in, but still work fine when they are on.

Doubt this is what you are looking for, but here is mine...I also used ceramic gloss black on the exhaust tips, and all black badges, and removed the "Jaguar", and the "AWD" badges.

DC

The following users liked this post:
Kennethlow (07-23-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 05:30 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
Are you looking for some that are the color of the car? Or black? or?? My lower diffuser is Polaris White like the car, but the plastic surround is gloss black. I actually used black out tint on the reverse lights, so they blend in, but still work fine when they are on.

Doubt this is what you are looking for, but here is mine...I also used ceramic gloss black on the exhaust tips, and all black badges, and removed the "Jaguar", and the "AWD" badges.

DC

I was thinking about painting the diffuser, which on your car is already painted whilte, plus the piece directly above it. I like the look of yours.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill W
I was thinking about painting the diffuser, which on your car is already painted whilte, plus the piece directly above it. I like the look of yours.
Painting that pipe surround body color as well will make the *** end 👀 too fat.

The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (07-18-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Painting that pipe surround body color as well will make the *** end 👀 too fat.
With deep respects to Sir Mix A Lot, I have to agree that it might be too much to do the pipe surround as well. Mien has the body color diffuser like Rock’s and it’s just enough.

Old 07-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

I am planning to fit my black tailpipes this week (they have carbon fiber surrounds) and I would love to do some of the Koshi carbon pieces, but they don’t make a diffuser or a piece for the rear panel between the glass roof and rear hatch. I have been doing a lot of research and may go with the vivid tach art carbon fiber wrap. I have some that looks really good and Vivids is actually supposed to be better - my only reservation is that it won’t look authentic. I have the rear diffuser off already and I would imagine the black pipe surround comes off The bumper cover which would make it easier to wrap. As far as doing everything body color, I guess it depends on the color, but I really like the contrast on the rear especially with silver (silver-black-silver).