Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paramount Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Paramount Performance

Wondering if any members have first hand experience with Paramount Performance and their pulley/tune combo? Too lazy to mine the forum for the info ...lol...whatels am I going to do while I work? work?...haha

Old 01-31-2017, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

If you mean the upper pulley, don't bother and go with VelocityAP for their pulley/tune combo.

The lower pulley on the other hand is an extremely expensive unit and it may have some major benefits. I can't say because I don't think anyone here knows anything about it. The Eurotoys lower pulley has done well here however and is much cheaper.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

I haven't been able to find much info on their lower pulley. I want to make the move this month and looking for input. I know unhingd also recommended the VAP tune and I think I am leaning towards it, but the lower crank pulley is what is throwing me off. I know I am not in an F type, but the XF side is just people trying to find solutions to problems. so I come here to see the progressive side of our brand.

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 01-31-2017 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

The tune by itself gives you a lot of power. The tune/crank pulley puts you right at the top. However, you can always add the lower pulley kit later after you get used to tune only power.

Mike

Old 01-31-2017, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

I plan on doing both at once. Dyno'ed the car two weeks ago. will take it back to the same dyno to measure incremental change due to tune/pulley, exhaust, and intake upgrades all at once.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Paramount Performance is a good way to spend money way too fast. For 6000 british pounds you can get their pulley/tune for the 3.0L. Not even certain if that's for the right pulley (lower). The upper pulley change on the 3.0 offers very little benefit. I personally have the lower pulley from Eurotoys and the tune from Velocity AP.
This thread has the details:https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...1/#post1498772

People on the forum have been very happy with tunes and pulleys from both vendors.

The following users liked this post:
Eurotoys (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

I just purchased the Paramount tune !!! They were offering it on sale for the XE folks so I jumped on it last night!

Unhingd..I am very familiar with your mods and I have been looking to your posts for guidance on everything I am doing.

Now I just need to source the lower pulley. I was talking to Mike at ET about it and I will probably re-engage with him. We had some miscommunication that had my panties all wadded up, but I think I'm over it now. maybe. still feel a little tug on the short and curlies.

Last edited by Cherry_560sel; 02-01-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
I just purchased the Paramount tune !!! They were offering it on sale for the XE folks so I jumped on it last night!

Unhingd..I am very familiar with your mods and I have been looking to your posts for guidance on everything I am doing.

Now I just need to source the lower pulley. I was talking to Mike at ET about it and I will probably re-engage with him. We had some miscommunication that had my panties all wadded up, but I think I'm over it now. maybe. still feel a little tug on the short and curlies.
Be certain to tell Paramount about the pulley you plan on installing so that they can provide a matching tune.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

I will ask them to provide two files. One based on my current (intake and exhaust) setup and a separate file that takes into account the lower pulley. Glad that you mentioned that because it will be nice to see what the pulley upgrade creates in terms of gained HP.

I inquired about their tips that are on the Predator F Type (the ones that look like they came of a freaking f-16). I sent them an email asking for dimensions to see if I would be able to go with quads on the XF. If not I will still probably switch to single tips...They are just too "over the top" to resist.