Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paramount/VIEZU new cold air intake system

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2024, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Luc Lapierre
Ah, I got mixed up between threads.
I'd meant to post on this thread yesterday, instead I ended up posting on one of the (many) other intake threads.

Anyway just copying here in case anyone's subscribed to this one but not the other:

I've been informed, by someone who measures these things very carefully, that the Mina intake has a 22% smaller cross section* than the stock intake, and that heat soak in the metal tubing did indeed make a "measurable" difference in performance while testing (I didn't ask what the testing setup was like however).

Since I only got the kit for sound and cosmetics, and because it's relatively cheap, I'm not so bothered by this. However others may appreciate this info.

I could share more about intake options, but it's not official yet. Besides, other posters have left ample hints already

​​​​​

*That is, if I'm remembering the number correctly. I know for sure it was twenty-something.
Luc

Did you do the Install yourself. Any links or directions you used could you repost them. Im interested in the Mina full intake but hesitant if i feel i could not pull off the install myself since I dont have a reliable shop around me that i trust other than the local JLR dealer.

Old 07-30-2024, 07:07 PM
Received 210 Likes on 123 Posts

Hi,

no I had it tacked onto another service I was getting since it was convenient to do so.

Both of these videos go through most of the installation process (same ones I posted before, so apologies if you've already seen them):

It doesn't look difficult, just somewhat tedious.
I'd imagine that almost any mechanic could do this in 1-1.5 hours.
Any mechanic that can't or won't do this job is either very lazy or has no business being near a car lol.

Last edited by Luc Lapierre; 07-30-2024 at 07:11 PM.