Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Looks good.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 556 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm watching along as I've been kicking around the idea of the paramount grill.

Old 05-03-2021, 07:21 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Not to hijack this thread, but I figured I'd post my install updates here rather than make another thread. It's a long post, apologies in advanced.

Long story short, for anyone considering the paramount grille, it's honestly asking for trouble. Here's a few pictures:

It's warped...

And each and every single one of these posts that are supposed to have holes for screws are filled in.

The warping I can deal with since once it's installed the frame of the bumper will hold the surround in place, but it is still disappointing to see. As for the holes, well I had to spend some time being very careful with a drill. Unfortunately this isn't the end to my list of issues. The surround seems to have some incompatibility with my stock bumper. Here's a few more pictures:

This raised section where the OEM plastic bumper bar lines up with is rubbing against the Paramount surround. It is impossible to mount the surround without cutting or grinding down the highlighted ridges. Is this well known? Or was this something I was just unaware of?

Another angle (from the front) of the raised ridges

Lastly, just a few minor questions. Do I need to keep these plastic/foam bits? They are rather loose and floppy. There were also some foam pieces on the bumper itself that sat on both the right and left of the grille. I know I am supposed to remove the Styrofoam piece, but don't know about the extras.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Whalesmash
Not to hijack this thread, but I figured I'd post my install updates here rather than make another thread. It's a long post, apologies in advanced.

Long story short, for anyone considering the paramount grille, it's honestly asking for trouble. Here's a few pictures:

It's warped...

And each and every single one of these posts that are supposed to have holes for screws are filled in.

The warping I can deal with since once it's installed the frame of the bumper will hold the surround in place, but it is still disappointing to see. As for the holes, well I had to spend some time being very careful with a drill. Unfortunately this isn't the end to my list of issues. The surround seems to have some incompatibility with my stock bumper. Here's a few more pictures:

This raised section where the OEM plastic bumper bar lines up with is rubbing against the Paramount surround. It is impossible to mount the surround without cutting or grinding down the highlighted ridges. Is this well known? Or was this something I was just unaware of?
Another angle (from the front) of the raised ridges

Yes...This is normal, and you can trim off the corners for a good fit.

Lastly, just a few minor questions. Do I need to keep these plastic/foam bits? They are rather loose and floppy. There were also some foam pieces on the bumper itself that sat on both the right and left of the grille. I know I am supposed to remove the Styrofoam piece, but don't know about the extras.

I would leave the foam. It helps seal, and adds slight structure to the plastic Bumper Cover.
See Red above

DC

The following users liked this post:
Whalesmash (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 07:37 AM
Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm thinking about getting this grille soon but these quality issues are kind of crazy.
Has anyone shown these issues to Paramount? They're supposedly a good company, maybe they have to switch manufacturers with whoever is making these for them

Old 05-04-2021, 08:49 PM

Job is done. Thank you especially to Therock88 for answering my questions. I have to say, the paramount grille does fight the install the entire way through. The warping combined with having to drill my own holes for the screws made aligning things difficult. Once it was started though it was pretty simple to get the rest of them installed. More related to the thread, the parking sensor mounts work great. No issues at all, though my way of gluing them into the grille was kind of a hack job. I basically just used some epoxy putty around the two tabs, with some on the front as well for additional security. Definitely not as clean as the installs I've seen on the forum, but it'll work. For what it's worth, I'll continue making these mounts for anyone who requests them, just pay for shipping/handling.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:58 PM
Received 57 Likes on 18 Posts

Job is done.
Looks great, can't wait to do mine. Want to sell me a set of those sensor holders?

Old 05-06-2021, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info. I have passed this to a local 3D printing company to quote for me.

KR

Mark

Old 11-08-2021, 11:05 AM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know the partnumber for this parking sensor?

Old 11-20-2021, 09:26 PM

In light of some injuries and subsequent surgery, I am currently unable to build more sensor mounts for the next few months. I've decided to make the files for the mounts public such that anyone can take the files to their local makerspace and have their own mounts printed. Please understand that tolerance levels between printers can vary and the final product may require some adjustment/sanding/glue in order to fit perfectly.

Link to files: P7 Grille Sensor Mounts

The following 2 users liked this post by Whalesmash:
CB1973 (11-21-2021), DJS (11-21-2021)
Old 11-21-2021, 12:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

In light of some injuries and subsequent surgery, I am currently unable to build more sensor mounts for the next few months. I've decided to make the files for the mounts public such that anyone can take the files to their local makerspace and have their own mounts printed. Please understand that tolerance levels between printers can vary and the final product may require some adjustment/sanding/glue in order to fit perfectly.

Link to files: P7 Grille Sensor Mounts
Thanks for sharing. What type of filament is the best to print with? ABS?
BTW will this also fit OEM P7 grille?

Last edited by CB1973; 11-21-2021 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by CB1973
Thanks for sharing. What type of filament is the best to print with? ABS?
BTW will this also fit OEM P7 grille?
Any of your more durable filaments will be fine (IE not PLA). I usually use PETG, but ABS will work, nylon would probably last an eternity, and polycarbonate would probably be the same. These mounts are based off of the dimensions for the P7 Grille Mounts so they should work just fine, but as there is printer to printer variations in tolerance, you may need to do your own fitment if you want a picture perfect product.

The following users liked this post:
CB1973 (11-21-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

Any of your more durable filaments will be fine (IE not PLA). I usually use PETG, but ABS will work, nylon would probably last an eternity, and polycarbonate would probably be the same. These mounts are based off of the dimensions for the P7 Grille Mounts so they should work just fine, but as there is printer to printer variations in tolerance, you may need to do your own fitment if you want a picture perfect product.
Thanks for posting, and making the file available. This should really help some that have been looking, as no one is making them any longer.

Hope your injuries resolve and any surgeries go well.

DC