F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Sources

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 04:06 PM
Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Parts Sources

Just got the Jag back from the dealer, had them do a (P)ost (P)urchase (I)nspection. Nothing major, seeping from trans cooler lines, battery should be replaced. All in all healthy. A couple things came up, first I wanted a printout of the original sticker, which they couldn't do. I tried the online people, but they said not available. So they printed out a sheet from my vin with all available options, then the ones my car has were marked. But the print out said my car was red with red stitching, which it is clearly not. They had no explanation, so the rest of it is suspect. The car was sold as a CPO car and was dealer maintained, so I asked for a printed out of maint. records. They could not provide that either. They said only warranty work showed up. So they could tell me the entertainment system was replaced, but that's it. So I have no idea if the diff fluid, or anything else was changed according to the service intervals. I was disappointed a Jag dealer had no access to a record of services performed by another Jag dealer.

-I wanted another key and they quoted me $793.00, which is just stupid. I see there's key fobs available on line, then go to locksmith for programing. Any recommendations on vendors?
-Battery, I do want to put the fat cat on a diet. I'm compiling a list of items that can achieve that. Searching showed Lipo batteries as a plug and play alternative. Posts were a tad old, any recent options recommended?
-Overall, any recommended parts suppliers, I may tackle the trans cooler lines myself. I try to support vendors that support the community (VAP is already on the list)

Thanks for any direction!

The following users liked this post:
sov211 (01-16-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 05:14 PM
Received 162 Likes on 122 Posts

I would not worry about that printout from your VIN with inaccurate information. I bought my car new and the printout for mine is not accurate either. My paddle shifters are listed as silver but are actually red.

Several parts suppliers are:

Harper Jaguar
Britcar

ThunderKitty (01-16-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 08:22 PM
Received 63 Likes on 40 Posts

We're both prepping our new R's for reliable operation. My car came with the owner's manual, and I found the dealer's card that sold the F-Type inside. I called them today. They said they'd easily be able to provide service records once their computer was backup. If you don't know the dealer that sold your car, you can look at the Carfax and they'll indicate the city/state where the first services were performed. Should be easy to find the Jag dealer and give them a call.

I had mine at the dealer today to change out the rear diff fluid. I had them save a sample of the old fluid and take a pic of the magnetic drain plug. Things looked fine, just a small amount of metal and the fluid was quite clean. My inspection also showed a prior owner had already changed the old-style plastic cooling pipes, a very pleasant surprise. I did find the Jag dealer that sold the car to me did an oil change (good) but they overfilled the AWD engine (bad, and fairly common). I pulled 750cc of oil out using a vacuum extractor, and now the level is reading correctly. Last thing on my car is brakes, which are a bit worn and rusted. I'll do that job myself.

As for future parts availability, I'm not concernned. eBay and other online sources have everything now. Can't imagine we won't have parts for decades to come. Many of the common parts are shared across many JLR models, so that's helpful.

Oh, there was a Firesand Orange F Type at the dealer today. What a gorgeous color! You did well.

Last edited by diablo2112; 01-15-2024 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:57 AM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the new F-type. You will love it. I have sourced parts from FCP Euro and been happy. Also used Harper Jaguar, and Jaguar Virginia Beach. My local dealer has been less than helpful.

Old 01-16-2024, 04:57 PM
Received 68 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, I always try to ask for recommendations. And, unfortunately, there's vendors out there you want to avoid. Since Jags are new to me, I thought I would inquire. Shopping batteries now, adding to the list!