F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts supplier recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 10:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parts supplier recommendations?

Hi all - I am still getting to know my new-to-me 2015 F-Type R, but am loving it so far. That said, there are a few bits and bobs that I'd like to replace. One side skirt is cracked and both front lip pieces on the corners could use replacement. I'm also battling what seems to be a common issue with some sticky surfaces in the interior. My plan is to replace the sticky pieces where prices make sense and do what I can to clean/de-tack the others.

So - being brand new to the brand, where do I go to order parts for this beast? TIA

Old 10-11-2021, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyintorace
Hi all - I am still getting to know my new-to-me 2015 F-Type R, but am loving it so far. That said, there are a few bits and bobs that I'd like to replace. One side skirt is cracked and both front lip pieces on the corners could use replacement. I'm also battling what seems to be a common issue with some sticky surfaces in the interior. My plan is to replace the sticky pieces where prices make sense and do what I can to clean/de-tack the others.

So - being brand new to the brand, where do I go to order parts for this beast? TIA
Several JLR dealerships in the US offer OEM parts at reasonable prices but some charge an arm or a leg so shop around. Others here can point you at the best US dealerships.
I have never bought anything from my local JLR dealership because they are the only game in town and charge ridiculous prices.
Instead I buy all my parts from Rimmer Bros or Britcar in the UK or Rock Auto in the US.
Britcar in particular is constantly the cheapest I find for new genuine OEM parts, but of course there is the postage/shipping cost and the possible delays these days.

Old 10-12-2021, 12:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Several JLR dealerships in the US offer OEM parts at reasonable prices but some charge an arm or a leg so shop around. Others here can point you at the best US dealerships.
I have never bought anything from my local JLR dealership because they are the only game in town and charge ridiculous prices.
Instead I buy all my parts from Rimmer Bros or Britcar in the UK or Rock Auto in the US.
Britcar in particular is constantly the cheapest I find for new genuine OEM parts, but of course there is the postage/shipping cost and the possible delays these days.
Along with several others on this forum, OzXFR is the voice of reason.

Here’s where I give an unsolicited plug to my fabulous Parts Manager & dear friend Justin Alley at my fabulous dealership at Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, Maine. Especially considering your new to you (congratulations by the way) 2015 he might be able to hook you up with some parts at excellent or “reasonable” prices. Earlier in the year Jaguar parts were selling at rather heavily discounted prices (I bought aluminum paddle shifters at an awesome price) and Justin supplied several forum members—and even some friends of ours not on the forum—with various items at outstanding prices.

I’m rather certain many parts will not be discounted but there’s only one way to find out.

Contact Justin and make an inquiry. jalley@goodwinmotorgroup.com
Or give him a call @ (207) 883-0161

Tell him Jay sent you and see what he says.

Good luck, and with the car.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-12-2021 at 01:01 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RickyJay52:
DJS (10-12-2021), OzXFR (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 07:36 AM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

I've ordered parts from the following with no issues (fast shipping):

FCP Euro: https://www.fcpeuro.com - Liquid Moly Engine Oil kit
BlauParts : https://www.blauparts.com - Transmission Oil kit
VelocityAP : https://www.velocityap.com - upgrades parts
Mina Gallery : https://www.minagallery.com - upgrade parts

and as mentioned, Rock Auto, BritCar and Rimmer Bros have been reliable and fast.

As for the online OEM dealers, prices and shipping cost are all over the place so I usually look at 5-6 places before purchasing.

The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

I get lots of stuff from Jaguar of Hilton Head (Online). Good prices, reasonable shipping, and pretty quick.

DC

Old 10-12-2021, 08:46 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are in the US Harper Jaguar can be a good source as well.

I’d recommend finding the part number you need/want and searching for it on google, eBay, and amazon.

Old 10-12-2021, 10:11 AM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
Along with several others on this forum, OzXFR is the voice of reason.

Here’s where I give an unsolicited plug to my fabulous Parts Manager & dear friend Justin Alley at my fabulous dealership at Jaguar Land Rover Scarborough, Maine. Especially considering your new to you (congratulations by the way) 2015 he might be able to hook you up with some parts at excellent or “reasonable” prices. Earlier in the year Jaguar parts were selling at rather heavily discounted prices (I bought aluminum paddle shifters at an awesome price) and Justin supplied several forum members—and even some friends of ours not on the forum—with various items at outstanding prices.

I’m rather certain many parts will not be discounted but there’s only one way to find out.

Contact Justin and make an inquiry. jalley@goodwinmotorgroup.com
Or give him a call @ (207) 883-0161

Tell him Jay sent you and see what he says.

Good luck, and with the car.
+1 on Justin. Works at a very supportive JLR dealership and is amenable to helping out F-Type drivers and their recreational endeavors

Old 10-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

FYI - Checkered Flag Jaguar Virginia Beach is currently running a 5% off promo at their online store. The code is 5SAVE - good until 10/18/21.
Its not much, but I've found that in some cases, their OEM prices are as good as anyone, once you figure in shipping.

Old 10-14-2021, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all! I'll figure out the part numbers that I need and make some inquiries with the recommended resources!!