F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger headlight yellow and turns off

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023 | 11:41 PM
|
Default Passenger headlight yellow and turns off

Hello, tonight I noticed my passenger light turned off in the reflection of the glass it was parked in front of. I turned the light on and off and it turned on but turned off shortly after. It is also displaying kind of a yellow burnt out color compared to the driver side.

Question, is this the bulb needing replacing and it is it an easy diy job?

What other issue could be causing this that I can remedy?

See images

yellow burnt out look

Driver side working properly

passenger side turns off not working what is the cause?

Old 12-06-2023 | 01:18 AM
Veteran Member

Yep the bulb/globe has burnt out and needs to be replaced.
You should replace the other one at the same time so they are matching.
They are HID D3S in which there are plenty of choices, eBay is your friend.
Or you could do what I did a couple of years ago and replace them with LED globes for only a little more cash, much better brighter whiter light, again plenty on eBay.
It's a relatively easy DIY job, I have done it twice now using two different methods.
First time was about six years ago when I upgraded to slightly stronger than OEM globes, from memory 6,000K vs stock 4,500K.
That time I left the headlight assemblies in place and accessed the globes from behind after pulling off the the round plastic dust covers.
The downside to that method is that you need to move the relay/fuse box on the RHS and the power steering fluid reservoir on the LHS to gain good access, and you have to do the removal and replacement by feel which is a little tricky.
Second time I completely removed the headlight assemblies from the car and replaced the globes up on the workbench. I little bit of extra work to remove and refit the assemblies but removing and replacing the globes is much easier. Removing the headlight assemblies is not that difficult, three 10 mm bolts on each, two in plain sight on the assembly itself and the third one up in the wheel well behind a little plastic cover, and loosen the front bumper a little (so you can wiggle the assemblies out then back in) by undoing the six 10 mm bolts across the top of the bumper cover.
I much prefer the second method.