F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Seats Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 08:33 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts
Default Performance Seats Question

I am patiently awaiting delivery of my 2021 R Model and have been pouring through a download of the owners manual trying to familiarize myself with all the features in advance. I did not find an answer to this, but do the seatbacks of the performance seats have any map pockets or pouches for storage ? The cabin doesn't have much storage space other than the glovebox and console and it would be nice to be able to stash a few items such as a phone charger, a microfiber towel and small bottle of quick detailer spray in case of a bird bomb and other handy items on the seat backs as I have done in the past on my other vehicles.
Thanks

Old 05-09-2021, 09:04 AM
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts

Nope, no pockets or pouches back there. Unless you're very tall and need to have the seat all the way back, there will be some space behind the seat where you surely could fit some things. One of the advantages of the latest performance seats which apparently are clearly thinner and lighter than the older F-Type seats.

You have some storage space in the doors as well where the items you mention easily will fit. Overall storage space in the cabin is very limited, which I actually don't see as a problem. Another option is of course to put stuff in the storage under the boot floor.

Old 05-09-2021, 11:45 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

Thanks MajorTom. I am 5'8" with a medium build which has always worked to my advantage in the various sports cars I have owned. I don't imagine that I will have to slide the seat back very far. Maybe I can find a small Tupperware container or something similar that will fit between the seat back and bulkhead and put some items there. I do plan on having a small container stored under the boot floor too with some emergency items like those battery operated flashers and a flashlight, maybe a few tools, first aid kit, bungee cords, a tarp and other things that may be good to have.

Old 05-09-2021, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Older models had storage between the seats. It's different between coupe and convertible, but there's something on each.

EDIT: Mine has a first aid kit in it, but I've heard of others that have one of the Li-ion booster batteries there so they can access the trunk if the battery dies.

Old 05-10-2021, 02:57 AM
Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

In my opinion, there is enough storage in the coupe. Between the glove box, the little cubby between the seats, and the armrest console I can fit anything reasonable.

Honestly, I try to minimize the cargo I have loose in my car. Makes spontaneous spirited drives less likely.

Old 05-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by takeapieandrun
In my opinion, there is enough storage in the coupe. Between the glove box, the little cubby between the seats, and the armrest console I can fit anything reasonable.

Honestly, I try to minimize the cargo I have loose in my car. Makes spontaneous spirited drives less likely.
Yes, nothing loose in case I need to maneuver for any reason (fun or not fun). I don't understand how people can have stuff sliding around, or dangly things from the mirror. I've got emergency stuff in the back, but it's pretty minimal up front. I do like sunglasses available at a moment's notice with equally easy return to storage, but that's probably the least of my quirks.

The following users liked this post:
scm (05-11-2021)