Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up the F type today

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Picked up the F type today

Finally the day has arrived!
It was a glorious 2-hour drive heading home from the dealership and I enjoyed every minute of it!
Thank you all for the help during the dealer negotiation!

Old 09-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

congrats! looks great!

Old 09-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

hate to give you something to be bothered by, and maybe it's just a photo artifact, but in that first photo it doesn't look like the hood lines up symmetrically with the nose panel.

Lovely vehicle!

The following users liked this post:
Pontsu (09-26-2015)
Old 09-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
hate to give you something to be bothered by, and maybe it's just a photo artifact, but in that first photo it doesn't look like the hood lines up symmetrically with the nose panel.

Lovely vehicle!
Yes that doesn't look quite right does it

Old 09-26-2015, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nati

Lovely vehicle!

Thanks for pointing that out. Will check tomorrow.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Beautiful car!

Just FYI, if it is slightly out of alignment, it's no big deal. It is not unusual to look at 10 F-Types and see 2-3 slightly out of alignment, either at the front or back of the hood. Only a very detail-oriented person would notice. It's a pretty simple fix, as various panels can be adjusted slightly.

After having my car for a couple of weeks, I noticed mine was a hair off, but I didn't worry about it too much. However, when I had it in for my annual service, I asked them if they could adjust it, which they did. It's perfect now.

The GM at my dealer said they've done at least a dozen.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
Beautiful car!

Just FYI, if it is slightly out of alignment, it's no big deal. It is not unusual to look at 10 F-Types and see 2-3 slightly out of alignment, either at the front or back of the hood. Only a very detail-oriented person would notice. It's a pretty simple fix, as various panels can be adjusted slightly.

After having my car for a couple of weeks, I noticed mine was a hair off, but I didn't worry about it too much. However, when I had it in for my annual service, I asked them if they could adjust it, which they did. It's perfect now.

The GM at my dealer said they've done at least a dozen.
Thanks for sharing your experience!
I definitely feel a lot better now.
I think I'll do the same - get it taken care of at the annual service, as the dealer is 2 hours away.

The following users liked this post:
Mbourne (09-27-2015)
Old 09-27-2015, 12:08 AM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Congrats, the 16s look pretty nice.
I'm not sure I see what everyone else is seeing, but I had a misaligned panel myself and they fixed it for me. It took a few days as they sent it to a body shop.
They also implied I caused the damage myself, and that they were doing me a solid by fixing it for me, but they were trying to be nice so I didn't argue. They cleaned it up pretty good though.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful car and great color choice. My S AWD says "hi!"

Old 09-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hardwired
Congrats, the 16s look pretty nice.
I'm not sure I see what everyone else is seeing, but I had a misaligned panel myself and they fixed it for me. It took a few days as they sent it to a body shop.
They also implied I caused the damage myself, and that they were doing me a solid by fixing it for me, but they were trying to be nice so I didn't argue. They cleaned it up pretty good though.
For the sake of allowing poor Pontsu to enjoy the thrill of his new car for a couple of days without worry:

Tweaking the hood and panel alignment on an undamaged car only takes a couple of hours. If they had your car for a few days, it's because it took the body shop a long time to get to it, unless there was some actual panel damage.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the club...I noticed the hood in the first picture as well but it looks fine in the 2nd pic...optical illusion?

Old 09-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Received 178 Likes on 87 Posts

Congratulations and looks great. Let the fun begin!

Old 09-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Mine was slightly out of alignment and causing the passenger door to rub. Was an easy fix at the dealer shop thank goodness. Such a big single stamp bonnet with such small hinges it not surprising how many have this problem.

Old 09-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Mine was slightly out of alignment and causing the passenger door to rub. Was an easy fix at the dealer shop thank goodness. Such a big single stamp bonnet with such small hinges it not surprising how many have this problem.
Supposedly, it's the largest single piece of stamped aluminum ever manufactured for automotive use, and yes, that why it's alignment is a little tricky. In addition to tweaking the hood, the side panels below the power vents can be adjusted, as can the nose.

I received this explanation from the tech who did mine.

Last edited by Foosh; 09-27-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

rubber band tires in iowa?

Old 09-27-2015, 05:48 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Gorgeous car!

Old 09-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Congratulations and enjoy! Don't sweat the little stuff that can be corrected.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome style! so few running the Sport Design pack... actually this is the other color combo I would have taken :-) what's the interior like?
In the end I've opted for Storm Grey with Brogue interior and left out the Black Pack. But it's still about a month out 'till pick up... enjoy!

Old 09-30-2015, 08:57 PM

Thanks for all of the kind & helpful comments!

No. I have not let the minor cosmetic blemish hampered the joy of driving this wonderful car! I've been busy putting lots of non-purposeful miles on the S AWD. The only thing that I do not love about this car is the intelligent start/stop, although I've already found a solution to it - always drive in the dynamic mode.

The dealer has agreed to straighten the hood on my next service visit.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Pontsu
Thanks for all of the kind & helpful comments!

No. I have not let the minor cosmetic blemish hampered the joy of driving this wonderful car! I've been busy putting lots of non-purposeful miles on the S AWD. The only thing that I do not love about this car is the intelligent start/stop, although I've already found a solution to it - always drive in the dynamic mode.

The dealer has agreed to straighten the hood on my next service visit.
That's good to hear that you're loving the car and not sweating the little stuff.

With regard to the "start/stop" system, keep an open mind. I didn't like the idea of it in the beginning, but it's growing on me. I actually allow it to do it's thing when stuck in traffic gridlock in my area, and it works flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Picked up the F type today