Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piece of plastic trim missing on interior B-pillar

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 07:33 AM
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Piece of plastic trim missing on interior B-pillar

Hi guys,

Yesterday I got a 2015 IRR Coupe R, and it's great - except for what I consider excessive wind noise behind the driver seat when going in higher speeds.

I took a closer look and saw that a piece of plastic trim - like a plastic cover of sorts - is missing over a screw in the B pillar, and it looks like the screw has been tampered with. It also looks like the interior trim over the B pillar isn't perfectly fitted. See attached pictures for illustration.

So questions popping up in my mind are:

- Can replacing the plastic cover get rid of the wind noise?
- Can there be something else not refitted the right way creating the sound isolation problem, if there was work done there previously?
- Why would you be unscrewing that bolt to begin with? Should I be worried that there's some other problem that I haven't discovered?

Thanks a lot!

/Jonas

Attached Thumbnails Piece of plastic trim missing on interior B-pillar-20180428_174845404_ios.jpg   Piece of plastic trim missing on interior B-pillar-20180428_174855890_ios.jpg  
Old 01-11-2020, 11:40 AM
Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts
Default follow up

Hi,

For anyone that may be interested. I spent sometime this morning correcting the issue of my sticky interior. The product I used was Dunlop 65 ultimate lemon oil.
The tools I used were, the oil, guitar picks as small scrapers, flat wooden toothpicks for getting into the corners and tight places, spray bottle with clean water and microfiber cloths.

What I did was blot the oil on let it sit for 5 minutes or so rub it with one of the cloths to loosen the film. Then scrape with the guitar pick. Take a cloth spray it with the clean water and wipe.
Repeat until the film comes off. You will be able to see the areas that have not come up they will look different then the clean surface. It does work but will take a little time.
The guitar pick and toothpick will not scratch the plastic. The film will actually stick to the guitar pick and you will need off a few times.

I would suggest you try it on one button at a time to get the technique down. Take your time and it will work.

I also used it to do the pieces of trim below the grab handle and the back of both door handles They are no longer sticky.

I spent a couple of hours.

One last thing My interior is jet leather and The grab handle trim and the back of the door handles are adjacent to some leather. I did not get a reaction to some minor amount of oil on the leather.
but did use the clean water and towel to wipe off any oil that may have got on the leather. Other colors of leather may not so be aware of that.

I am very happy with the results and pretty picky.

The following users liked this post:
xdave (01-11-2020)
Old 06-25-2023, 05:23 PM
Received 255 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by jlsthlm
Hi guys,

Yesterday I got a 2015 IRR Coupe R, and it's great - except for what I consider excessive wind noise behind the driver seat when going in higher speeds.

I took a closer look and saw that a piece of plastic trim - like a plastic cover of sorts - is missing over a screw in the B pillar, and it looks like the screw has been tampered with. It also looks like the interior trim over the B pillar isn't perfectly fitted. See attached pictures for illustration.

So questions popping up in my mind are:

- Can replacing the plastic cover get rid of the wind noise?
- Can there be something else not refitted the right way creating the sound isolation problem, if there was work done there previously?
- Why would you be unscrewing that bolt to begin with? Should I be worried that there's some other problem that I haven't discovered?

Thanks a lot!

/Jonas
Anyone ever find the part number for this thing? Mine is loose and at high RPM (over 6k) makes noise.... Notice it a bit on fun drives...to much....want to just get a new one, driver's side.

Thanks!!

jeff

Old 06-25-2023, 07:41 PM
Received 255 Likes on 130 Posts

Well, went out to the car, pulled it off, found a weird number on it (photo on phone).

Put that weird number into a jaguar parts search - nothing.

Into Google. One site in Poland had it the information and in the mix I found the number in JLR terms....it is simple and cheap:

T2R11564

Done.

FYI to anyone looking for the same part.

JB

Old 06-26-2023, 07:17 AM
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I had my shade crap out and the whole headliner needs to come out to replace that shade To do that, the side window has to come out so the headliner can come out in one piece. That cover has to come off. I remember mine flew off after the repair with the windows down. The dealership ordered a new one, so they should be able to locate the part number. I think that screw may be the one that holds in the wing window. The window slide in from front to back, then I think that screw secures it, possibly.

Old 08-21-2023, 10:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Well, went out to the car, pulled it off, found a weird number on it (photo on phone).

Put that weird number into a jaguar parts search - nothing.

Into Google. One site in Poland had it the information and in the mix I found the number in JLR terms....it is simple and cheap:

T2R11564

Done.

FYI to anyone looking for the same part.

JB
thanks for the part number. I recently had my headliner replaced, and the quarter glass removed to get the old headliner out and the new one in. This little trim piece was a casualty of that process, so I’m looking to get a replacement.

To the OP, it sounds like your car may have had the quarter glass replaced, or at least uninstalled and reinstalled, possibly to replace the headliner, like mine. If the quarter glass isn’t reinstalled properly and adjusted correctly, it can leave a gap that allows air to enter between the door glass and quarter light at speed, which might explain the wind noise. I ended up reinstalling my quarter glass myself to correct this since the guy who did my headliner was a bit sloppy.