Please Support Vmax, from a customer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Received 320 Likes on 218 Posts
Old 02-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by JagRag
Personally I would not recommend any dealing with "VMax"/Andrew Cluck. I also encourage member Jaron to pursue via all remedies available a full reimbursement for his case. And anyone else who has not rec'd full value for what they have purchased.
This whole thing has been wild. I had thought about the Tune, but in my business I am often saved by this quote:

"We're not pioneers because pioneers were shot in the back with arrows".

I am accused of being boring sometimes, but I don't mind being a little conservative when it comes to heavy and shiny things I spent my money on.

I am VERY curious, guardedly so, about other tuners, etc. I am planning on talking to the service guys at my dealer directly, to see if they've ever worked with anyone, or if the shop talks about tunes at all, etc....

these are from another thread, but these are all threads exposing this Cluck guy.. also had a biz called "MHP":

ANDY/MHP ..Please Read Before Dealing with him. - MBWorld.org Forums

BimmerBoost - The final nail in the MHP (Modern Horsepower / Andrew Cluck) "tuner" coffin? MHP business done? MHP M156 63 AMG "records" actually belong to another tuner

BenzBoost

Old 02-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

+1. What I've really learned here is patience. Once there is a tuner with both a well established business reputation and demonstrable repeated results on the F-Type then I'll seriously consider upgrades. I'd rather be patient and even pay a bit more if I have to in order to make sure the job is done properly.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Received 320 Likes on 218 Posts

C Magazine / columbusmag.com

Sounds like this guy is same type of scam artist as "XJR-0220" at X308 forum some years ago.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
It is indeed unfortunate. It sheds additional suspicion on all tuners.
Close to 1000 miles on my tune and no issues yet.
However, I will be abandoning this tune as soon as soon as the crank overdrive pulley arrives. I will let my local tuner dial it in starting with the OEM tune. Objective will be to net similar results with more safety margin left in place.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:01 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Unhingd, it seems like one of the rumors to come out of the vMax thing is that he was more of a reseller than an actual tuner in some cases. Did you work directly with him on the tune or is it possible there's some really skilled person locally that was doing the bulk of the work and just had the vMax name attached?

Old 02-22-2016, 03:12 PM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
Unhingd, it seems like one of the rumors to come out of the vMax thing is that he was more of a reseller than an actual tuner in some cases. Did you work directly with him on the tune or is it possible there's some really skilled person locally that was doing the bulk of the work and just had the vMax name attached?

I'd be willing to bet that he subcontracted known tuners who do quality work and are a bit more expensive for the first few forum tunes. That way, his results could be vouched for. After that, it's anyone's guess as to who did the actual work. I don't think he simply lucked into good results.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member

"Bill Jones" was the only person I ever spoke or communicated with, however, he was clear that he was working with someone else "on the bench".

Old 02-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

I worked directly with Bill (or whomever) and am 99% sure he (we) were dealing with someone else who was actually putting hands to code.

But again, my results and responses from him have been great which seem like the exception for the group here :/

Old 02-22-2016, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 171 Posts

Perhaps moderator Cambo has more info on the entire affair that he will share with everyone?

Originally Posted by Cambo;
Well i've just got off the phone with Jaron, and been in contact with a couple of other forum members who have been caught up in this mess.

I'm satisfied that what's been presented here is the truth (as bizarre as it is).

Andy / Andrew Cluck, deceived the Jaguar community by calling himself Bill Jones, started up a new "tuning" company using that name because his reputation was shot to pieces. The guy has done the same thing in the Jaguar community as he did with Mercedes, BMW, and others.

I've waited patiently for some sort of response from Bill / Andy (he knows how to reach me, we've had many discussions by email since he showed up on this forum) but so far nothing. He has however spoken on the phone to a couple of people, and admitted his deception.

I re-iterate what i said before, if you are currently owed money or a refund by Vmax, or if you have any of their equipment in your possession, please PM me as soon as possible.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 02-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

This is the same person

Old 02-22-2016, 07:16 PM

I will be driving 6 hours away to MD and on Thursday my car should run great thanks lance

Old 02-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaronstoys
I will be driving 6 hours away to MD and on Thursday my car should run great thanks lance
Look forward to seeing you at the ASM shop.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Look forward to seeing you at the ASM shop.
Wait till you hear the custom exhaust I had made today it's unreal !

Last edited by Jaronstoys; 02-22-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:52 PM

I will post sound clips when we are at the shop
and post part numbers you need to make it .
I'll never play the radio again in this car Hahahahha

Old 02-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by JagRag
Perhaps moderator Cambo has more info on the entire affair that he will share with everyone?
Frankly speaking, no, I don't. There are forum members here in this thread how know just as much as I do, if not more.

Personally i'm not interested in airing dirty laundry, my only concern was if forum members were out of pocket or stuck with an immobilized vehicle, perhaps we could help each other out.

I've not heard from "Bill" since this all came to light, and so far as I know neither have the other mods or admin of this forum.

Where to from here really depends on your own circumstances and what you want to do. I'm typing this out on my phone from a remote workshop in Singapore, so writing a long speech will have to wait until I'm back in front of a computer.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:52 PM

One thing I can tell the guys about your tunes is have someone look how much your knock sensors have been desensitized.
Doing this Is a way to make more horsepower but if they are being tricked by changing the voltage to much your car has no clue if your motor is hurting and will keep timing when it should be pulling it .
It will run fine well until it doesn't !!!

You guys are right about one thing when stuff like this happens it will bring out the real tuners and professional business owners who will step up and Excel.

Guys we have great cars and this place seems like a good community of people if we all help each other only good things will come of it

Last edited by Jaronstoys; 02-22-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:54 PM
Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaronstoys
One thing I can tell the guys about your tunes is have someone look how much your knock sensors have been desensitized.
Doing this Is a way to make more horsepower but if they are being tricked by changing the voltage to much your car has no clue if your motor is hurting and will keep timing when it should be pulling it .
It will run fine well until it doesn't !!!

You guys are right about one thing when stuff like this happens it will bring out the real tuners and professional business owners who will step up and Excel.

Guys we have great cars and this place seems like a good community of people if we all help each other only good things will come of it
Well, let's hope the knock sensors weren't f-ed with. That would be the lowest form of fraudulent tuning. I can tell you that there are transient timing pulls, but they aren't octane related, as I've tested this with 91, 93, and 100 octane. If anything, the Vmax tune runs richer with slightly less timing overall. Never more than stock based on my logs. The MAP sensor log indicates that there is more boost under most conditions however. The only way this could be achieved is through regulation of the bypass valve to prevent boost bleeding? Strange, but this is what my data logs reveal.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:39 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Cbroth1, feel free to borrow my car this Wednesday. Text me.

Quick Reply: Please Support Vmax, from a customer