Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Port Does JLR Use For Origination

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Which Port Does JLR Use For Origination

Southampton ?

I'm trying to determine which ship my coupe might be on assuming W&W will be used for transport.

My GM updated me with a 12/5 ETA but said,as has been proved on this forum, they usually arrive a week early.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Yes, Southampton.

Old 11-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Correct...mine went from there through the PC to Port Huneme (dropped off my car) and then to Tacoma,WA.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanks guys!!
If my coupe is transported by W&W I see 5 ships that it could possibly be on. My port of entry is Brunswick GA.
For those of you who tracked your F-Type, was it transported by W&W?

Old 11-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Banned
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by PD2911
Southampton ?

I'm trying to determine which ship my coupe might be on assuming W&W will be used for transport.

My GM updated me with a 12/5 ETA but said,as has been proved on this forum, they usually arrive a week early.
PD2911, sounds like you have a great relationship with your dealer... Just ask your contact to look up the name of the vessel it's loaded on. The dealer will be able to find this in their inbound vehicle manifests.

I did exactly this after getting no results from W&W trace app for 30 days following receipt of my VIN, GM got back to me in a few hours with the vessel name.

With a 12/5 ETA, your baby is most certainly aboard a ship somewhere. It takes about 14 days after leaving Southampton to reach a gulf port. A few more days to get processed into the U.S., and a few more after that to reach your dealer.

My ship cruised past Puerto Rico on Thursday, and will be in the Panama Canal Monday.

Last edited by aJAGMan; 11-09-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 232 Posts

Yes...

Old 11-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

Thanks guys!!
If my coupe is transported by W&W I see 5 ships that it could possibly be on. My port of entry is Brunswick GA.
I have no idea if W&W has anything to do with the transport of my car.
As stated in my post above, W&W continues to show "no results found" for my VIN.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by aJAGMan
I have no idea if W&W has anything to do with the transport of my car.
As stated in my post above, W&W continues to show "no results found" for my VIN.
Is your ship a W&W ship then? You said in another post that you have its name. Strange that it doesn't show up. Maybe re-check the VIN? W&W is usually pretty good about these things. Takes a day or two after leaving port before a car shows up on their Website.

Last edited by DuhCar; 11-09-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DuhCar
Is your ship a W&W ship then? You said in another post that you have its name. Strange that it doesn't show up. Maybe re-check the VIN? W&W is usually pretty good about these things. Takes a day or two after leaving port before a car shows up on their Website.
I have no clue if my ship is a W&W. As I've indicated numerous times before, I get no results from the W&W website. I'm not the only one, apparently PD2911 is getting similar non-results, and I've seen numerous other posters here over the last few months also indicate that they never got a successful result from the W&W tracking tool.

YES, my VIN is correct. I have the Vista printout showing my VIN, I've double checked it with the dealer, and even compared it with another poster here. So apparently W&W is not as reliable as you suggest, or not the sole source for this information.

Why do you keep asking me the same questions, which are in no way helpful to the question asked by the OP? I've made it clear that I've been able to track the vessel name provided by my GM on MarineTraffic.com. I'm good.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:14 PM

PD2911, sounds like you have a great relationship with your dealer... Just ask your contact to look up the name of the vessel it's loaded on. The dealer will be able to find this in their inbound vehicle manifests.

I did exactly this after getting no results from W&W trace app for 30 days following receipt of my VIN, GM got back to me in a few hours with the vessel name.

With a 12/5 ETA, your baby is most certainly aboard a ship somewhere. It takes about 14 days after leaving Southampton to reach a gulf port. A few more days to get processed into the U.S., and a few more after that to reach your dealer.

My ship cruised past Puerto Rico on Thursday, and will be in the Panama Canal Monday.
On Thursday my GM emailed me an update -
"into port of exit or local compound"

Old 11-10-2014, 04:18 AM
Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

My build date was estimated to be 11/7 with an ETA of 12/17. No VIN yet. Plan to contact dealer today. But given the schedule you reference above I see no way the car will be here by 12/17 and I have to have it before 12/27 when my current lease expires. My port of entry will probably be Brunswick, GA (same as
PD2911) but still not looking good particularly if the car is not built yet. Honestly, I have owned many brands of cars and ordered all of them new and never had this much difficulty obtaining delivery information on a vehicle.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:03 AM

I have no clue if my ship is a W&W. As I've indicated numerous times before, I get no results from the W&W website. I'm not the only one, apparently PD2911 is getting similar non-results, and I've seen numerous other posters here over the last few months also indicate that they never got a successful result from the W&W tracking tool.

YES, my VIN is correct. I have the Vista printout showing my VIN, I've double checked it with the dealer, and even compared it with another poster here. So apparently W&W is not as reliable as you suggest, or not the sole source for this information.

Why do you keep asking me the same questions, which are in no way helpful to the question asked by the OP? I've made it clear that I've been able to track the vessel name provided by my GM on MarineTraffic.com. I'm good.
Nevermind then. Just trying to help. Only you have the name if your ship. All it takes is a simple search to determine whether it is in the W&W fleet. If it is not one of their ships, then it ain't going to be on their Web site.....

Old 11-10-2014, 06:06 AM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovemonet
My build date was estimated to be 11/7 with an ETA of 12/17. No VIN yet. Plan to contact dealer today. But given the schedule you reference above I see no way the car will be here by 12/17 and I have to have it before 12/27 when my current lease expires. My port of entry will probably be Brunswick, GA (same as PD2911) but still not looking good particularly if the car is not built yet. Honestly, I have owned many brands of cars and ordered all of them new and never had this much difficulty obtaining delivery information on a vehicle.

There are a few differences:
1) he is shipping to west coast which is slower because fewer vessels and less availability.
2) September is a peak month for transatlantic shipping so wait wines are a lot longer, October drops a bit and November even more. In September it's not unusual for a car to wait a month at port. At this time it's rare.
3) JLR is managing logistics more tightly because they want to maximize 2014 sales numbers and need to get these cars here before the holidays to hit the goals.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:06 AM

From my web searches I'm thinking my coupe "might" be on the Elektra which arrives in the Southampton port on Wednesday and arrives at the Brunswick GA port on 11/24.
All supposition at this point of course. :-)

Old 11-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
There are a few differences:
1) he is shipping to west coast which is slower because fewer vessels and less availability.
2) September is a peak month for transatlantic shipping so wait wines are a lot longer, October drops a bit and November even more. In September it's not unusual for a car to wait a month at port. At this time it's rare.
3) JLR is managing logistics more tightly because they want to maximize 2014 sales numbers and need to get these cars here before the holidays to hit the goals.
This all makes sense and likely very true.
I don't profess to be an expert in shipping logistics, nor do I know much about whether some of these shipping vessels are able to sail at vastly different speeds, but I do know that my vessel departed South Hampton on 10/27 and is in the middle of the Panama Canal as I type here on 11/10.

14 days to cross the Atlantic. I would imagine it would be nearly the same to Brunswick, GA as to Panama.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:22 PM

From my web searches I'm thinking my coupe "might" be on the Elektra which arrives in the Southampton port on Wednesday and arrives at the Brunswick GA port on 11/24.
All supposition at this point of course. :-)
I nailed it!!
My coupe was loaded onto the Elektra today with an ETA in Brunswick of 11/24.
Yes!

Old 11-13-2014, 08:12 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Thanksgiving at PD's house! Who's in?

Old 11-14-2014, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
Thanksgiving at PD's house! Who's in?
LOL - we can line my street with F-Types. 😄