F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential F Type Ower

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

There have been a few 2015 Rs in excellent, loaded low mileage condition selling in the $67k-$71k so yes that is too high for an S.

The following users liked this post:
hoonery (02-12-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 07:05 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mueller
The number of years of certified warranty really depends on the model year. 2014's for example have 6 years.
Yep, I found that out yesterday when I went and test drove a 2011 XK CPO. I have never bought a used Jag before and wasn't too familiar with the CPO program. All I knew was that the Jag USA site indicated that it was up to 7 years and 100K miles. The dealership advised me that the number of years depends on both the year and the model of the car. The particular one I was looking at was 6 years and 100K, so it would have about 18 months left on the warranty. Still not bad for a 2011. In fact, I was surprised that a 2011 still qualified for the CPO program.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the dealer last weekend to discuss pricing and test drive the car, where we agreed on a fair price. I got the car for a few thousand under the list price which included the total wheel/tire dent and ding protection. Thank you to everyone for the input on pricing. I got my check from Penfed and picked up the car yesterday! The car is a blast and best of all my wife loves it too. I have been playing around with the features and hope to learn everything about the car shortly. If this is a stupid question I apologize, but does the moon roof open? I thought I read that it opens but can't find any controls. Thank you to everyone who offered feedback and advice.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmb5450
I went to the dealer last weekend to discuss pricing and test drive the car, where we agreed on a fair price. I got the car for a few thousand under the list price which included the total wheel/tire dent and ding protection. Thank you to everyone for the input on pricing. I got my check from Penfed and picked up the car yesterday! The car is a blast and best of all my wife loves it too. I have been playing around with the features and hope to learn everything about the car shortly. If this is a stupid question I apologize, but does the moon roof open? I thought I read that it opens but can't find any controls. Thank you to everyone who offered feedback and advice.
1. I'm not certain you'll ever learn everything about the car. I've had mine for a year and a half, and still learning.
2. Unfortunately, the glass roof does not open. If you think about it, that glass panel is so large, there would be no place for it to slide to. There is, however, an internal panel that you can manually slide shut if the sunlight gets bothersome.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
1. I'm not certain you'll ever learn everything about the car. I've had mine for a year and a half, and still learning.
2. Unfortunately, the glass roof does not open. If you think about it, that glass panel is so large, there would be no place for it to slide to. There is, however, an internal panel that you can manually slide shut if the sunlight gets bothersome.

Thank you Unhingd, I did see the sliding piece to block out the sun, when you mentioned being to large, my brain clicked and realized that I should have known that. I must have spend 15 minutes trying to find a mechinism that isn't even there. The car is a blast to drive I am totally happen with my decision to get the car!

Old 02-12-2017, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Congratulations! And welcome again officially. A few suggestions:

We need photos posted asap so you are truly official;
Update your signature with your cars details so everyone can see info when responding to questions comments;
Read thread on things people learned after they bought their car. As unhinged said, it seems to keep giving.

Oh, almost forgot...Drive it like you stole it!!!!!😎

Last edited by jaguny; 02-12-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmb5450
I got the car
Congratulations! Welcome to the club.

Please consider changing engine oil more frequently than service interval, as F-type is a performance car that requires extra attention if you ever partake in spirited driving.

Also, I recommend upgrading stock tires to Michelin Pilot Super Sport for summer driving down twisty roads.

Last edited by SinF; 02-12-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
There have been a few 2015 Rs in excellent, loaded low mileage condition selling in the $67k-$71k so yes that is too high for an S.
I know this is a bit late but I'm going to post it anyway in case it benefits someone else.

Totally agreed. Especially this time of year in the northeast, you can get a great deal.

$75k and 20% down gives you a lot of options. You can buy a CPO 2014 911 Carrera S for that price. I almost recently leased a '14 Carrera S cab for $3k down, 10k miles, $1050/month. Don't be surprised what your money can buy on a lease. Nothing to fear about it. If you want to sell the car, you can. You'll just be responsible for the negative equity which is the same as it would be if you financed. Only other issue is you'll have to pay taxes on what the vehicle sells for. Porsche also has options to get out of your lease 12 months early and into a new Porsche lease. I'm not being a Porsche salesperson, but just highlighting that you have options and it behooves you explore them, especially since $75K for a used V6 is more than you would pay for used RS.

$75K can buy you a brand new Z06 too. There are tons of them on dealer lots, BRAND NEW, with steep discounts. I just rented one a few days ago and it's an amazing car with a raucous exhaust note and crap-your-pants acceleration.

Never be afraid to ask for the price you want. The worst they can do is say no. A V6 F type isn't the Holy Grail. There are others out there and your money gives you the leverage.

But always be ready to put the deposit down on the spot if you're serious. That's your best negotiating tactic.

I have in-laws in Allentown and am currently spending the weekend in Bethlehem. If you ever want to drive an SVR, you're welcome to. But then you'll be spoiled.

Last piece of advice, if I may: don't put 20% down on a vehicle. Put it into your student loans if you have that kind of liquidity laying around. The car will depreciate anyway and that money is wasted. When you go to trade in and the dealer finds your payoff is low, guess what they're going to offer you? Your exact payoff. They're not going to let you profit off of your trade-in. They're not going to let you benefit off of the higher up front investment you made. There's really no benefit to putting more down. So don't do it except for perhaps taxes and fees.

The following users liked this post:
BostonKiller (02-13-2017)
Old 02-12-2017, 07:21 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Also, there's a sticky topic with a map of owner's location. Feel free to add yourself.