F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential new F-type owner - looking for info / help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020 | 04:09 PM

Oh - I forgot - mine has every option that was available at the time. Headlights that track, winter pack, headlight washers, proximity sensors, etc. $101,000 sticker.

Old 10-01-2020 | 07:33 PM
|

Originally Posted by BlueSky
Too bad you don't want black. Actually, I have the metallic black. I am just about getting ready to sell my 2015 F-Type V8 S convertible. I even have some 1 season old mounted winter tires. Only 16,000 and it is immaculate - I just did a ceramic seal on the paint. The interior is the tan leather seats - the interior is perfect. The only change is I removed the cup holder molds out of the center console so it became a little storage box (holds phone, etc.).
i have had 3 black cars (solid black, not metallic) and i am done with that color. i did see a new f type at the dealer that was a color called black santorini which had some pretty green and blue metal flake.

i'm trying to finalize a deal on a one owner, low mileage car tomorrow. it is 2015 silver V8 convertible with black top and mineral interior (which i prefer to the mono chromatic jet interiors). very loaded with vision pack, performance pack, black pack, extended leather, premium package, upgraded stereo.

Old 10-01-2020 | 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
My ‘16 S (June ‘15 build) with 38k miles has no sticky button issues or scratched up interior trim, but then again I’m careful not to drag stuff across any of it.
My 16S built a little later with abt 33k miles has had almost every button replaced, steering wheel trim, radio bezel trim, the grab handle was just replaced today. I wonder if it has to do with being a convertible since I am very careful about getting that stuff dirty, and not scratching it. my CPO just ended today so hopefully it does not happen anymore since I'll have to pay out of pocket lol

Old 10-01-2020 | 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Harris Levinson
thanks. most of those don't fit my criteria, either not a preferred color (Interior or exterior) or are above my price range.

the ones i'm looking at are highly optioned, performance pack, vision pack. since i am looking at 2014-2015 those are beyond CPO eligibility. plus i bought a CPO car already and learned first hand that all you get is an extended warranty, nothing more.
hmm got it, what about this one, this is my favorite color by far! https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=278904373

this is also a really nice spec and low miles- https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=281767554

one of the lowest price R verts, more power newer, still BRG over tan- https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=283529881

Last edited by StormtrooperFtype; 10-01-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2020 | 05:54 AM
|

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
hmm got it, what about this one, this is my favorite color by far! https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=278904373

this is also a really nice spec and low miles- https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=281767554

one of the lowest price R verts, more power newer, still BRG over tan- https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=283529881
thanks. i messaged the seller of the first one to see what options it has,
the second one has a red interior which i don't care for
i have been in contact with the 3rd seller. it is $5K higher in price than my top candidate so far. i like the greem / camel combo, only downside is it has a black roof, would have liked it more it it was camel/tan.

Old 10-02-2020 | 06:03 AM

When I got my F-Type a few years ago, I searched high and low for a BRG one. Now they're coming out the ying-yang.

Old 10-03-2020 | 06:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
My 16S built a little later with abt 33k miles has had almost every button replaced, steering wheel trim, radio bezel trim, the grab handle was just replaced today. I wonder if it has to do with being a convertible since I am very careful about getting that stuff dirty, and not scratching it. my CPO just ended today so hopefully it does not happen anymore since I'll have to pay out of pocket lol
I suspect it has to do with UV exposure. My Coupe is always parked in a garage, in the shade or with a sunscreen placed on the windshield if it’s sunny out.

Old 10-03-2020 | 06:34 AM

Wow.... my 2014 V8S has been a gem. I acquired it as a CPO, and the only issue has been from the bad run of water pumps. Oh, and sticky buttons and paddles too, but that's not mechanical.

I have utilized two dealerships; one is close (acquired the line when the Jag dealership down the block sold out, and moved the line to their existing LR store) and one 45 minutes away (where i purchased my XE). The experienced dealer is much more competent with the line, but both have completed work well.

My friend has a 2012 Z4 and his driver's bolster is shot... 24k miles. And he's a slender guy. It's a systemic problem in early NSX bolsters too. Mine looks fine.

I've thought about replacing my F-Type with something different, but really, i would spend more money for increased headaches and les performance. Anything German is a service nightmare..... Corvettes are so commonplace....GTR is huge...Italian exotics are lovely but expensive drama queens.... Evora is cool but a performance downgrade, and that clamshell.... new NSX is heavy, old NSX is slow dated and quirky and hard to find knowledgeable service techs....

Old 10-03-2020 | 10:03 AM
|

the dealer i was working with was unwilling to work with me on the price (Only $600 apart). since silver was not my first color choice the search continues for me.

Old 10-05-2020 | 07:27 PM
Veteran Member

Have you seen the red interior in person? I wasn't at all convinced but after a very long search I found a perfect car - with red interior. Dealer sent me pictures - it looked way too bright. But went to look and loved it and now I wouldn't want it any other way
When you're driving you don't see much of the red. But it's very striking appearance vs the plain black that almost every other SVR seemed to have.

Old 10-05-2020 | 07:30 PM
|

Originally Posted by BritCars
Have you seen the red interior in person? I wasn't at all convinced but after a very long search I found a perfect car - with red interior. Dealer sent me pictures - it looked way too bright. But went to look and loved it and now I wouldn't want it any other way
When you're driving you don't see much of the red. But it's very striking appearance vs the plain black that almost every other SVR seemed to have.
i have seen it, the red interior color is just not to my taste. and it appears to be a fairly common interior color which rules out many cars. and i don't want a black exterior which again is a popular choice so it rules out a lot of the inventory.

Old 10-05-2020 | 07:37 PM
Veteran Member

Brogue and Camel upholstery goes extremely well with almost all of the exterior colors.