Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Predator" style performance upgrades in US

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Predator" style performance upgrades in US

Hello,
I am looking to use my car as a track car and am considering some performance upgrades that from what I understand, seem to work really well for the F-type (more specifically the 2015 F-Type R V8). There are vendors in the UK that do a 'predator' mod that looks very intriguing, but I cannot find any places in the US that do anything to the same level. some remote shops such as Hennessey seem to have some a decent performance update they can do, but I would love to find a dealer closer to me and would prefer someplace that has experience with jaguar f-type performance mods in particular.
I would like to juice as much power/performance I can while at the same time minimizing risks that would likely cause the engine to go boom.
Any advice, or references on recommended performance shops would be appreciated. I have been researching some but would prefer to have recommendations from fellow Jag owners.
Thanks in advance for any assistance with this!

Old 07-12-2023, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

How much track time do you have? For me, the first things I always addressed were unsprung weight, suspension and brakes. HP was only after everything else.

The following 2 users liked this post by eeeeek:
JAG_Beard (07-13-2023), Michael211 (07-13-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 11:36 AM
Received 171 Likes on 83 Posts

Velocity ap make everything you need for 650bhp

The following 2 users liked this post by Gasman2:
JAG_Beard (07-13-2023), JgaXkr (07-12-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 04:59 PM
Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm not of the mindset that giving a set of mods a name like "predator" is really anything more than a marketing tool.

As an old hot rodder, (of the very high tech, ultra high boost, professional turbo road race car variety) I'm much more of the belief that one must understand and choose what works for them, and almost completely discount what some company claims is "best".

Example, I purchased a turbo S2000 Honda with an Inline Pro stage 1 kit on it, installed by Inline Pro. To say it was horrible, is an understatement. Nothing about the setup was correct, well thought out, or even optimized. A huge turbo, on a street car, with a cast iron exhaust manifold, a huge intercooler and huge intercooler pipes, a lowered compression ratio with a thick head gasket, and huge injectors. It made 405RWHP, exactly NONE of which were useable, under any conditions, anywhere. Due to the power being ONLY available at the very top 10% of the torque curve. 2 seconds lag too. Ugh.

Not one tweak I tried could get that system to work right.

Same goes for the Jag. These tuners are working with stock components and pushing them to make more power. Without any redesign what so ever. It should come as no surprise that the charge air temperature is in the unacceptable range. And therefore HP suffers.

This might be more accurately called "Predator" :

The following users liked this post:
JAG_Beard (07-13-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 09:08 PM
Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

If you are into straight line racing, TQ is more important than HP. If you are into Watkin Glen type of racing, then suspension, unsprung weight and cornering is as important as HP/TQ, as most tracks (not all) do not let you use your full HP, i.e. long straight aways. My 2010 Evora with just under 300 whp would eat most vettes at Barber, it was very light and had great suspension, in a straight line I would be staring at their brake lights. There is a saying in racing that is very true, subtract 100 lbs and you have added 10 hp. High HP and TQ look great on paper and forums, but if you cannot put it to use it is useless on a track.
I remember when Chevy had an indy engine with huge TQ/HP numbers back in the late 80's and early 90's and on short to medium tracks Honda 4 banger cars would just blow past them coming out of corners and usually win.

JAG_Beard (07-13-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 09:13 PM
Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by cujet
I'm not of the mindset that giving a set of mods a name like "predator" is really anything more than a marketing tool.

As an old hot rodder, (of the very high tech, ultra high boost, professional turbo road race car variety) I'm much more of the belief that one must understand and choose what works for them, and almost completely discount what some company claims is "best".

Example, I purchased a turbo S2000 Honda with an Inline Pro stage 1 kit on it, installed by Inline Pro. To say it was horrible, is an understatement. Nothing about the setup was correct, well thought out, or even optimized. A huge turbo, on a street car, with a cast iron exhaust manifold, a huge intercooler and huge intercooler pipes, a lowered compression ratio with a thick head gasket, and huge injectors. It made 405RWHP, exactly NONE of which were useable, under any conditions, anywhere. Due to the power being ONLY available at the very top 10% of the torque curve. 2 seconds lag too. Ugh.

Not one tweak I tried could get that system to work right.

Same goes for the Jag. These tuners are working with stock components and pushing them to make more power. Without any redesign what so ever. It should come as no surprise that the charge air temperature is in the unacceptable range. And therefore HP suffers.

This might be more accurately called "Predator" :
Just going to say - WOW

JAG_Beard (07-13-2023)
Old 07-13-2023, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have raced various other cars (Hurican, RSX, etc) but not my Jaguar (yet), as it comes out of the shop tomorrow with the cooling upgrades, as well as a general 60k service (at 55k miles now), and misc things to get it 'track ready'. It has plenty of oomph right now, but off the line, and on straightaways can't keep up with the new corvettes. I was impressed by the stats shown on the VIP F-Type Upgrades - Viezu website, and couldn't find anyplace else that came close to those specs. I'd like to shave a little off of the low end, as well as give me the power I need to haul my butt around on the track (I weigh 220lbs). I also have various motorcycles, but really love my jag so far, and just want to get some good fun bang for the buck.

Old 07-13-2023, 11:57 AM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JAG_Beard
I have raced various other cars (Hurican, RSX, etc) but not my Jaguar (yet), as it comes out of the shop tomorrow with the cooling upgrades, as well as a general 60k service (at 55k miles now), and misc things to get it 'track ready'. It has plenty of oomph right now, but off the line, and on straightaways can't keep up with the new corvettes. I was impressed by the stats shown on the VIP F-Type Upgrades - Viezu website, and couldn't find anyplace else that came close to those specs. I'd like to shave a little off of the low end, as well as give me the power I need to haul my butt around on the track (I weigh 220lbs). I also have various motorcycles, but really love my jag so far, and just want to get some good fun bang for the buck.
Call VAP.

Old 07-13-2023, 01:09 PM
Obi
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

For HP and torque: Tune, crank and sc pulleys.
Excellent dollar to hp ratio. As suggested above VAP is the most utilized vendor. Great communication and post purchase support

Old 07-17-2023, 05:26 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

You cant find anything else that has the same specs as viezu, you obviously haven't looked very hard and definately not on here lol
Try Velocity AP, massive on here and for a reason, 650 plus and safe.
Dont believe everything viezu say!!!

Old 07-19-2023, 04:17 PM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Hello,
I am looking to use my car as a track car and am considering some performance upgrades that from what I understand, seem to work really well for the F-type (more specifically the 2015 F-Type R V8). There are vendors in the UK that do a 'predator' mod that looks very intriguing, but I cannot find any places in the US that do anything to the same level. some remote shops such as Hennessey seem to have some a decent performance update they can do, but I would love to find a dealer closer to me and would prefer someplace that has experience with jaguar f-type performance mods in particular.
I would like to juice as much power/performance I can while at the same time minimizing risks that would likely cause the engine to go boom.
Any advice, or references on recommended performance shops would be appreciated. I have been researching some but would prefer to have recommendations from fellow Jag owners.
Thanks in advance for any assistance with this!
We at VelocityAP have tuned over 5000 of these engines since 2015. Pulleys, exhaust products, suspension, lightweight brake options, seat brackets, harness anchors. We have in the works a built engine program, larger blower kit, E85

I have dealers on the East coast.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
eeeeek (07-19-2023), Mahjik (07-19-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 07:11 AM
Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

I track my V6 Manual F-Type in the NorthEast
1) I have enough torque & power for entertainment purposes, but can't get it down to the ground on certain corners, hence my development of a helical limited slip
(the R has the eDiff which is good until the clutches wear out.. better change your diff oil & additive)

2) To help the car turn in and corner, I would like to explore reducing weight :
a) I would love to see how much the stereo system weighs... probably a 100 lbs of stuff (from speakers to head unit)
b) Next would be the wheel weight.. from JLR heavy to after market light... an other 10~15 lbs per corner?
c) Third could be the electric accessories (powered tail gate, retractable mirrors, powered central air vents, moon roof shade, engine cover, rear cargo cover, etc.. )

3) after that I'd look into the powered sport seats...vs. a race bucket, about 20~30 lbs each

4) finally, cover everything with carbon fiber vinyl wrap .. that has got to save at least a few pounds.

Last edited by HermanWiegman; 07-20-2023 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:26 AM
Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Switching to a lithium battery will save a bunch of weight. There are posts on the forum about it.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

I'd reduce unsprung weight long before looking into any other weight savings. There's a real opportunity to lose over 10 lbs per wheel. That's worth a lot more than a couple hundred pounds inside the car.