Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices on 2016s

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Try the Tampa dealer.
Will do. Local dealer has no idea what they're doing.

Operating on the assumption that the Tampa dealer will be just as fruitful of an experience...

I hope not.

What's your guys name over there? Feel free to PM.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:42 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

there seem to be several 2014 new f-type v8 convertibles in the mid $60k range. they would see well priced but I am wondering the thoughts of the group?

Old 06-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3031/overview/

I stand corrected...low $70's. is this a good deal?

Old 06-30-2016, 03:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took delivery on my f-type R...black, loaded...msrp over $114k bought for $90...Greenville Jag

Old 06-30-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by ferraripete
there seem to be several 2014 new f-type v8 convertibles in the mid $60k range. they would see well priced but I am wondering the thoughts of the group?
Likely the RWD's...

Once you drive the AWD's, you'll realize it was an absolutely necessary upgrade for the R brand.

You'll feel this in the traction when you think you start slipping going 95 around that tight corner, but the AWD just holds and holds like crazy!

Old 06-30-2016, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by SurfSwell
I took delivery on my f-type R...black, loaded...msrp over $114k bought for $90...Greenville Jag
Contacting Greenville now sir. Will report results.

Anyone else want to chime in with final price on your new 2016 Coupe's bought recently?

I'm looking at this build, and starting a new thread for all those interested. As this thing is going in my garage ASAP, and I'm a deal-hunter, I hope I can provide people of this forum with some buying advice once all is said and done...

Jaguar F-Type R (AWD) 2016 - New

Non-negotiable features:

-Black exterior - Ebony Black, or preferably, Ultimate Black

-Vision Pack

-Coupe

Options open to consideration, not necessarily required:

-Interior:

A) Performance seats in Jet and Ivory Duotone Premium leather with 'R' embossed headrests and Jet Premium leather interior with Ivory twin needle contrast stitching.

B) Performance seats in Jet Premium leather with 'R' embossed headrests and Carbon Fiber effect center strip and Jet Premium leather interior with Jet twin needle stitching.

-Carbon Fiber Roof

-Jaguar 20" Gyrodyne Black and Diamond turned wheels.

-R-Heated Steering wheel, leather flat bottomed with aluminum gear paddles.

-Headlining: Jet Leather.

-Interior features: Illuminated Tread Plate

-Jaguar Carbon Ceramic Matrix Breaking System (Major consideration... roughly $12k+ option at MSRP value tacked on to cost of vehicle).

Shown as built (minus carbon fiber roof): Build your 2017 F-TYPE - SUMMARY

MSRP Price is as configured on 2017 model in above link - contains all except carbon fiber roof, and ceramic break system = $109,345. MSRP.

I would look for ~$20k off this for the 2016 from all the reports I'm hearing.

Dealerships, or those kind gentleman with good dealership referrals, please contact me ASAP via this thread or PM.

Last edited by FtypeR-Virgin; 06-30-2016 at 02:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
StellarPatois (08-08-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeR-Virgin
Will do. Local dealer has no idea what they're doing.

Operating on the assumption that the Tampa dealer will be just as fruitful of an experience...

I hope not.

What's your guys name over there? Feel free to PM.
I deleted all my contact info for Tampa when I bought my car (in NY). I'd speak to the manager and get to the point.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SurfSwell
I expect this was a 2016? Any miles? Has the warranty started? Coupe or vert?

Old 07-01-2016, 09:21 AM

I really wish there was 1/100th of the posting volume going on here that they have at the bimmerpost/M forums...

It's been tough trying to price out/acquire the F-Type R.

I've recently been converted from buying a new M4 with competition pack at invoice price, to a lightly used or new AWD F Type R.

Choice was incredibly simple after driving each car for about 3hrs total. Not even comparable.

Problem is, when it comes to pricing - and I'm in FL - so you know all the dealerships are price gougers, I'm at a loss.

F Type R friends - please hook us up with your go to up north dealers that want to sell these cars to the internet savvy individual's who do not play the rip-off game.
I just purchased my 2016 F-type R from Jaguar of Orlando. What an amazing experience. Both my sales guy as well as the manager were outstanding.

$110k MSRP, got for $96k including the extra year of warranty.

Last 4 cars were BMWs, most recently M5. I love my new car, but the sales experience was second to none. I have received good followup from the dealership, gifts, etc- never got that from BMW, MB, or Ford.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rmichae9
I just purchased my 2016 F-type R from Jaguar of Orlando. What an amazing experience. Both my sales guy as well as the manager were outstanding.

Last 4 cars were BMWs, most recently M5. I love my new car, but the sales experience was second to none. I have received good followup from the dealership, gifts, etc- never got that from BMW, MB, or Ford.
Congratulations and welcome, stick around, please post photos and your thoughts. Coupe or convertible. Must have the CC brake package?

Old 07-01-2016, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Congratulations and welcome, stick around, please post photos and your thoughts. Coupe or convertible. Must have the CC brake package?
The CC brakes will only offer an advantage in a severe track situation. As a daily driver, the humongous maintenance c0sts will prove a nuisance. That said, if they had been available with the MT, I would have opted for them just for the unsprung weight savings. That, however, can be accomplished far less expensively with CF wheels.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The CC brakes will only offer an advantage in a severe track situation. As a daily driver, the humongous maintenance c0sts will prove a nuisance. That said, if they had been available with the MT, I would have opted for them just for the unsprung weight savings. That, however, can be accomplished far less expensively with CF wheels.
I was only asking due to msrp, not that I thought car must have them. Internet miscommunication.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

There are a number of dealers with '14 V8's. Why in heaven would a dealer sit on these. They should sell for the price of a low mileage used one, unless warranty hasn't started, which i doubt.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by rmichae9

Thanks for chiming in!

Is this including Tax/dealership fees?

I'll definitely add this to my list of dealerships to approach.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:08 PM

What would you define as a severe track situation?

This car will be my daily (not far commute everyday, luckily - 15-20mins max), as well as my new hobbyist weekend track car...

I imagine there will be cruises upon cruises through FL and beyond once I get the thing, but nonetheless, it will be both my daily and tracker.

Will I live to blow out my 30th birthday candles if I take to the track with the regular R breaks?

How long will the regular R breaks typically give you at the track before running into problems?

From what I'm seeing listed around the country, it doesn't seem like there are many left with the ceramics anyways... Would maybe have to consider the 2017.

Last edited by FtypeR-Virgin; 07-02-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by bjg625
There are a number of dealers with '14 V8's. Why in heaven would a dealer sit on these. They should sell for the price of a low mileage used one, unless warranty hasn't started, which i doubt.
Probably because they can't get rid of them... Hence the great pricing you're seeing on the 2016's and 2017's...

The power of the F-Type R is still relatively unknown and out of the interest range of most people who would be looking for a car with an MSRP upwards of $100k anyways.

Most people will see the F-Type S's drive around, and think "cool story bro", and move on and get something else...

I for one love the fact that I'll be driving around in a stealth F Type-R Porsche killer that no one knows about very soon.

...Unless you're talking 911 Turbo/Turbo S or GT3 of course at a price point of about $100k more.

My neighbor is going to laugh me out of the garage when I tell him that the F Type R keeps up with his Ferrari 458 in the 0-60 and quarter mile until I show him the facts... Greatly look forward to tracking/swapping with him.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

What would you define as a severe track situation?
Will I live to blow out my 30th birthday candles if I take to the track with the regular R breaks?

How long will the regular R breaks typically give you at the track before running into problems?
In my mind, severe track use is a 20+ lap road race. The CC brakes will begin to fade less quickly than the super performance brakes. if you are just heading out to the track to do a series of half dozen or so hot laps, you'll have plenty of brakes with what comes standard on the car.

Fading does not occur suddenly. It progressively gets worse, giving you plenty of time to adjust your corner approach speeds to stay safe.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:37 PM

In my mind, severe track use is a 20+ lap road race. The CC brakes will begin to fade less quickly than the super performance brakes. if you are just heading out to the track to do a series of half dozen or so hot laps, you'll have plenty of brakes with what comes standard on the car.

Fading does not occur suddenly. It progressively gets worse, giving you plenty of time to adjust your corner approach speeds to stay safe.
So if I want to spend 5+hrs out there in legit multi-lap road race, get the CC's + 5 new sets of replacement tires?

Thanks for the input man. I'll be a first timer out there on the track, so it should be a fun learning experience to say the least.

Although, after much advice from numerous forum members I think I'll pass on the CC's unless the deal is too hot not to snap up. Or, if I'm advised otherwise by an experienced tracker that knows how important this major newfound interest of mine is.

I'm hoping to make it to the track quite a bit... Dare I say twice a week once I get the vehicle, for ~2 hrs at a time... It's highly likely that I'll eventually get bored and not go nearly as much, but I definitely want to experience the newfound excitement.

I consider myself an extremely proficient and accurate driver, but either way, I know I'm going to have a shitload of learning to do once I actually hit the track. Perhaps so much, that that fact alone might indeed be enough of a deterrent from getting the CC's due to overall lack of skill... Thoughts?

Last edited by FtypeR-Virgin; 07-03-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member

So if I want to spend 5+hrs out there in legit multi-lap road race, get the CC's + 5 new sets of replacement tires?

Thanks for the input man. I'll be a first timer out there on the track, so it should be a fun learning experience to say the least.

Although, after much advice from numerous forum members I think I'll pass on the CC's unless the deal is too hot not to snap up. Or, if I'm advised otherwise by an experienced tracker that knows how important this major newfound interest of mine is.

I'm hoping to make it to the track quite a bit... Dare I say twice a week once I get the vehicle, for ~2 hrs at a time... It's highly likely that I'll eventually get bored and not go nearly as much, but I definitely want to experience the newfound excitement.

I consider myself an extremely proficient and accurate driver, but either way, I know I'm going to have a shitload of learning to do once I actually hit the track. Perhaps so much, that that fact alone might indeed be enough of a deterrent from getting the CC's due to overall lack of skill... Thoughts?
I don't think there are any sanctioning bodies that will allow you to go road racing without a full roll cage or at least roll bar, so that will limit you to open track and HPDE events. And if you are relatively new to high performance driving, you won't initially be pushing it hard enough into the turns to actually be able to notice the advantage of the CCs over the Super Performance Brakes. Your decision to get the CCs only if they come as part of a good deal makes good sense.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:36 AM

I expect this was a 2016? Any miles? Has the warranty started? Coupe or vert?
I guess I didn't provide a lot of information...it's an ebony 2016 convertible, blade wheels with the carbon fiber, black pack, vision pack, red seat belts and some other things...new with 11 miles so the warranty was effective on purchase date...msrp $114,683...purchase price was $89,991.

Quick Reply: Prices on 2016s