Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prices on 2016s

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfSwell
I guess I didn't provide a lot of information...it's an ebony 2016 convertible, blade wheels with the carbon fiber, black pack, vision pack, red seat belts and some other things...new with 11 miles so the warranty was effective on purchase date...msrp $114,683...purchase price was $89,991.
Great deal and beautifully equipped. Congratulations. Photos mandatory.

Old 07-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Great deal and beautifully equipped. Congratulations. Photos mandatory.
I second the request for photos!

Old 07-08-2016, 03:04 PM

A little upset! My work schedule has been so hectic I've been unable to shop around for the F Type R.

Some are advising Ceramic Breaks, some not. I'm definitely tracking the **** out of this beast regardless.

Simply due to time restraints, I've enlisted in a car broker that I received on referral from a trusted contact... Let's see if he can work his magic.

First time going with a broker, any thoughts? I think it's a flat fee of about $600. Not really a big deal whatsoever if it's going to save me a week or two of back and fourth BS between dealerships.

The one thing I'm worried about is how hard he's going to shop my credit. I like keeping my score top notch, am more than qualified, and for every lease deal there will be the pre-requisite of a "soft" credit pull thus temporarily lowering my score about 10 points for each/every inquiry.

Will of course update with my progress. After hearing the deal on that ebony black, I'm shooting for high $80's - low $90's at a bare minimum. If not, **** it, I'll grab a 2017.

Last edited by FtypeR-Virgin; 07-08-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeR-Virgin

The one thing I'm worried about is how hard he's going to shop my credit. I like keeping my score top notch, am more than qualified, and for every lease deal there will be the pre-requisite of a "soft" credit pull thus temporarily lowering my score about 10 points for each/every inquiry.
That's not true. The score drop only applies to hard pulls for revolving credit (credit cards). Rate shopping will not affect your credit score within a limited time frame.

Does the formula treat all credit inquiries the same?

No. Research has indicated that FICO Scores are more predictive when they treat loans that commonly involve rate-shopping, such as mortgage, auto and student loans, in a different way. For these types of loans, FICO Scores ignore inquiries made in the 30 days prior to scoring. So, if you find a loan within 30 days, the inquiries won't affect your scores while you're rate shopping. In addition, FICO Scores look on your credit report for rate-shopping inquiries older than 30 days. If your FICO Scores find some, your scores will consider inquiries that fall in a typical shopping period as just one inquiry. For FICO Scores calculated from older versions of the scoring formula, this shopping period is any 14 day span. For FICO Scores calculated from the newest versions of the scoring formula, this shopping period is any 45 day span. Each lender chooses which version of the FICO scoring formula it wants the credit reporting agency to use to calculate your FICO Scores.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
That's not true. The score drop only applies to hard pulls for revolving credit (credit cards). Rate shopping will not affect your credit score within a limited time frame.
Within a limited time-frame, true statement friend.

However,

Let's say I decided to shop around for an F-Type R AND a commercial and/or residential property at the same time and had 5 "soft pulls". These are approx. 10 points each per "probing" at the major 3 credit card scoring agencies. It is also up for serious debate as to whether or not each credit pull would count as that "10 or so" points (i.e.: 50 points), or if they all count as one inquiry.

"If your FICO Scores find some, your scores will consider inquiries that fall in a typical shopping period as just one inquiry."

^Again, this all has been an area of serious confusion amongst bankers, consumers, and lenders alike. Many would like you to believe that it has no effect, others do. It's about 50/50...

I tend to play it on the safe side and do not trust any of these companies. IF your financial situation even changes ever so slightly there is a chance that the underwriter on your loan will raise an eyebrow. For these reason(s), I try to keep the pulls to an absolute minimum.

So, I closed on a commercial property about 2 weeks ago, THEN decided to shop the car.

Last thing you want is an awesome super low APR to go even a quarter point higher on a large purchase of a home, business, or investment property...

What you are quoting may indeed be correct, but from personal experience it's up for debate. But word to the wise regardless, do not try to go after multiple large purchases at once because it will absolutely **** up your score.

I simply would not want any forum members to go crazy thinking this would have no effect on their score. It certainly would play a role in some scenarios such as mine which I've just described.

Source: Family has a background in finance, mother is a residential lender.

Additionally, just went through this entire process with a separate commercial lender which is a totally different side of the game to acquire my new office...

Visited 8 banks rate shopping, but again, did not decide to go after the car until closing on the property.

Last edited by FtypeR-Virgin; 07-08-2016 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:47 PM

Should I grab this New 2016 F-Type R at this price?

Lease details and car in photo.

Should I hold out for a better deal or hit the drawing board and contact some new dealerships...?

Old 07-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FtypeR-Virgin
Should I grab this New 2016 F-Type R at this price?

Lease details and car in photo.

Should I hold out for a better deal or hit the drawing board and contact some new dealerships...?

you can drop it another $10k

Old 07-22-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by supercat'dXKR
you can drop it another $10k
This was also my initial reaction after hearing prices on 2016's going in the high $80k's... But another $10k?

It's already about 18k below MSRP, and below invoice price.

Are you confident there is a better deal, on a lease, to be found?

If so, where at?

I decided to use a broker as I've been strapped for time, and these are the numbers he's been getting me.

The other 4 dealerships that were contacted wanted at least $130 more per/mo on similar MSRP'd cars.

Last edited by FtypeR-Virgin; 07-22-2016 at 01:58 PM.