F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProClip Mount w/ MagicMount Pro 5 - SALE

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 02:44 PM
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ProClip Mount w/ MagicMount Pro 5 - SALE

There is a very long thread on phone mounts options. It's where I found the info for my purchase. Putting separate here as 1) I wanted to put some specific details I did not see anywhere else. 2) Time sensitive Black Friday 20% off.

There are two components to mounting solution. The mount itself, from ProClipUSA and the Scosche MagicMount Pro 5.

The mount from ProClip - single piece unit that clips on to lower trip pieces. It has a larger rectangular, vertically oriented face. The rectangular face allows you to mount a square mount high or low on the face - screw divots provided. I have regular sized iPhone and mounted to the bottom. I cut the top half off for aesthetics.

The charger is made by Scosche. I have purchased their mounts years back. This one is better. It allows for iPhones with built in MagSafe, but also provides a single metal plate that mounts low on any phone and allows to magnetically mount and charge (metal is low on phone and clears the circular Qi charging circle in the back of wireless charging phones). Important note: buy the charger from ProClip. Note2: I was not presented with Scoshe mount option by default.. I had to search / display all mounts. When purchased from ProClip, it includes the square base that matches ProClip Mount. It's packaged from Scosche - I suspect they have an arrangement.

Mount has hardwire to 12V plug. Plug fits into provided cigarette charger - not great, but charger also provides USB-C port, so I will roll with it for now. I cut off plug and direct wire if it bothers me later. This charger provides up to 15W fast charging thus cannot use old USB-A port.

Love the placement for phone. I did not want to obstruct view - and with the rake of the windshield, most mounts fail. Nor do I like obscuring vents. There is a mount option for the hand grip, but that is more obtrusive. Placement does not interfere with any functions nor intrude on leg space. I can easily orient phone more toward driver for easier viewing / FaceID or align with dash and center console to alleviate some of my OCD.

Overall.. love it! While it would have been nice for JLR to have engineered a spot for our cel phone, this is pretty good option.

Enclosing pics. Note I have UAD CarPlay installed, thus the extra cables in center cubby.

The following users liked this post:
SaidTheRogue (11-20-2022)