F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production numbers for First Editions ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 06:00 PM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Production numbers for First Editions ?

Just bought my 14th Jaguar (Im old) a 2021 Jaguar F-type First Edition coupe. Fuji White with Red interior. Anyway I am curious since it seems all of 21 only 2100 F-types were made is there anywhere I can see how many were made like mine ? Its 2.0 so not really special but given the 2.0, V6 and V8 variations between Base, First Edition, R-Dynamic and R's I am curious what the breakdown is, any info would be appreciated.

Old 06-21-2023, 10:04 PM
Received 208 Likes on 122 Posts

Hi John. Congrats on the new car. Never seen any production numbers regarding the First Edition trims but I would have to say a couple thousand. It was offered for the entire 2021 MY production and given its middle of the lineup pricing it was probably l the most produced/ordered. There were around 7600 2022 F-Types made worldwide. I’d guess about 25-30% were probably First Edition trim. That would give us around 2k First Edition F-Types.

Where did you get the 2100 number from?

Old 06-22-2023, 05:49 AM
Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Not to hijack, but the FIRST EDITION is a damn perfect daily driver, loaded down with options with a respectable amount of power.

Nope, doesn't push you back into the seat when you floor it at 60, and nope, it doesn't have the straight line acceleration of the V8 and even with a modified exhaust, it doesn;t sound like a V8.

The Ingenium GAS motor has proven itself to be HIGHLY RELIABLE.

Sadly it gets little respect from those who have never driven one.

All I can say is I DO LOVE MINE !

Sorry for the hijack, you will now be returned to the program in progress.

BEST !

RWS

The following users liked this post:
John Fox (06-22-2023)
Old 06-22-2023, 07:57 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderjet Racing
I've driven one as a weekend loaner and while it's a fine car, I was glad to get back into my V8! And because the loaner was the same colour as mine, no-one actually noticed the difference, despite the loaner being a convertible!

Old 06-22-2023, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 561 Likes on 361 Posts

I've had two cars with the JLR 4 pot and had an F-Type P300 as a loaner for about a week.

My wife had a Discovery sport with the 4 pot and eventually traded it in because she felt it lacked in acceleration. She now has the same engine in her RR Sport, but it's a plug in hybrid, so it is augmented by the electric motors and has much more pickup. This seems to be a good combo.

I never gave the P300 F-Type a chance. Going from my V8 to the 4 pot was like watching a movie on my tablet vs my home theater. Sure, it's the same movie, but the experience just isn't there.

Old 06-22-2023, 02:46 PM

Basically searched sold 2021 f type stats and it came up with 2113 in North America, given not all were First Editions I would think my color combo is less than 500. So many non FE's were listed for sale when I was searching along with R Dynamics and R's Im just guessing.

Old 06-22-2023, 02:46 PM

Not to hijack, but the FIRST EDITION is a damn perfect daily driver, loaded down with options with a respectable amount of power.

Nope, doesn't push you back into the seat when you floor it at 60, and nope, it doesn't have the straight line acceleration of the V8 and even with a modified exhaust, it doesn;t sound like a V8.

BEST !

RWS
Thats exactly what I am looking for in this car.

Old 06-22-2023, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by eeeeek
I've had two cars with the JLR 4 pot and had an F-Type P300 as a loaner for about a week.

My wife had a Discovery sport with the 4 pot and eventually traded it in because she felt it lacked in acceleration. She now has the same engine in her RR Sport, but it's a plug in hybrid, so it is augmented by the electric motors and has much more pickup. This seems to be a good combo.

I never gave the P300 F-Type a chance. Going from my V8 to the 4 pot was like watching a movie on my tablet vs my home theater. Sure, it's the same movie, but the experience just isn't there.
Yep I understand that and the 2.0 in a heavier RR would be a dog to me.

Old 11-28-2023, 09:03 AM

BEST !

RWS
FYI, way late reply but yep, I posted this like right after I bought it, now some 5 months later I agree, fun to drive, no blistering power, 30 mpg+ highway, 22+ in the city and yes loaded (least mine) with all but heated windshield I believe. I am adding (when I have time to install) a Jag Madness control module as it can be removed for warranty work and a performance exhaust with dual tips like the 6's have, Just want to make it a little more mine and with a little more kick. I dont need the supercharged V8, have an XJR also running over 400hp and its fine. Thanks for the remarks.

Old 11-28-2023, 11:16 AM
Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Since that post I've added the Ragazzon exhaust.

No, she don't sound like a blown 6 or 8, but I'm not drag racing vettes at stoplights and have no plans to track the car.

Old school here, I love the predictable drift of the 2 wheel drive with the Michelins.

My First Edition sticker price was $81,000 with all the options.

Had 6,000 on the clock and was traded for an electric Porsche !

Here we are at Tail Of The Dragon:

WAS FUN !!!!!