F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Professional Photos - My new R

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking Professional Photos - My new R

After a few weeks of ownership I am in love. This car is by far the most beautiful I have ever had and the most fun to drive ! Here are some professional photos of my new R. Hope you enjoy them ! The only problem I'm having lately is keeping her under the speed limit which is simply not possible.....

Attached Thumbnails Professional Photos - My new R-front-quarter.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-back-high.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-side-view.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-back-end.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-front-low.jpg  

Professional Photos - My new R-back-low.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-front-wheel.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-rear-wheel.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-vent.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-grille.jpg  

The following 8 users liked this post by S4OC:
amr42 (08-13-2016), Burt Gummer (08-12-2016), jaguny (08-12-2016), jleuz1 (08-12-2016), Mbourne (08-11-2016), mptx-ftype (08-11-2016), Mulmur (08-12-2016), schraderade (08-11-2016) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Looks really good...but holy finger prints on the passengerside glass in the second photo! lol.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:35 PM

LOL, those are not finger prints, they are reflections of clouds. The car was detailed for 2 hours before the shoot.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

Thanks for posting....now that the car is more mature it's pretty cool to see what different folks are doing with the cars.

I like your silver surfer theme.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Absolutely Beautiful S4OC.
I know this comment will draw some controversy, but that has never stopped me from sharing before...

If there was one thing I would do differently to your set up, I would change the side skirts to Black. Especially with the slightly larger and rounder skirts on the later models... to my design eye, they make the body look slightly pregnant and overweight. Compared to the earlier models when viewed from both the direct side profile and the 3/4 rear angle, the body looks leaner and sleeker on the models that customarily came with Black side sills as OEM.

JMHO...

Old 08-11-2016, 08:54 PM

Yes, I understand your point, the side skirts do stick way out and I would prefer them to be real carbon fiber ( glossy) along with the mirror caps like the Aston Martin's but if that's the only thing we can pick apart then I'd say chief Jaguar Designer Ian Callum did an amazing job. I thought about having them painted glossy black but in my Photoshop renderings the sills almost seem to disappear completely when they are black. I appreciate your comments and everyone will have their own opinion. That's why I love this forum because everyone specs their cars out differently and I enjoying seeing all the different color options on this car and what people do with them.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Gorgeous!

Old 08-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by S4OC
Yes, I understand your point, the side skirts do stick way out and I would prefer them to be real carbon fiber ( glossy) along with the mirror caps like the Aston Martin's but if that's the only thing we can pick apart then I'd say chief Jaguar Designer Ian Callum did an amazing job. I thought about having them painted glossy black but in my Photoshop renderings the sills almost seem to disappear completely when they are black. I appreciate your comments and everyone will have their own opinion. That's why I love this forum because everyone specs their cars out differently and I enjoying seeing all the different color options on this car and what people do with them.
Really nice job with your car. Love the silver theme. I know how you feel about looking at it. I've had mine a year and I still go out and just stare at it regularly.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

I have this strange feeling you are not done yet... lol

Have had my 2015 "R" for 21 months, and still making subtle updates and mods. For example, my Storm wheels arrive next week. Love the look, couldn't justify the cost of the Carbon Ceramic brake package.

I'm sure you realize the intent of the black side sills is for them to disappear from certain angles, precisely why the body style looks leaner through the mid-section.

We need to get all the OC F-Type owners together for a drive soon!

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 01:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

I am the 240z thread guy and even I have to say that on dark cars and the silver for some reason the sills/sides look fine - not better than 2015 style, but not worse. IMO only the sills on the 2016+ look 'worse' especially on my fav color - white.

That silver car is just beautiful. Black pack trim a plus (like yours) and that fact that the emblems are body colored.

I LOVE that silver with the Tornado black rims - there is one on Ebay right now, but a used car lot (bleech).

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 08-12-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

The white as opposed to the silver - side sills. I don't know why - just personal taste here - the silver sills blend in better. Maybe I am just weird.

S4OC (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 02:25 AM

As you can see the side sills are very wide on the Aston's as well but they are typically done in carbon fiber so they are more stealth than painted sills like my car but honestly I am very happy with my car and won't be changing anything for now. Maybe in a year I will want to tweak something but right now I think she looks great.

Attached Thumbnails Professional Photos - My new R-aston_martin-vanquish.jpg   Professional Photos - My new R-db10.jpg  
schraderade (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Let me add to the controversy. Ian didn't originally design it with the sideskirts and prefers the car without them entirely. Me too. (Anyway, that's why menus exist)

Mbourne (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

The CX-16 concept had side skirts. Who overuled the lead designer?

Old 08-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
I have this strange feeling you are not done yet... lol

Have had my 2015 "R" for 21 months, and still making subtle updates and mods. For example, my Storm wheels arrive next week. Love the look, couldn't justify the cost of the Carbon Ceramic brake package.

I'm sure you realize the intent of the black side sills is for them to disappear from certain angles, precisely why the body style looks leaner through the mid-section.

We need to get all the OC F-Type owners together for a drive soon!
Can I have the wheels you're replacing?!?!?! But yes, an OC meet is in order!