Old 02-13-2019, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Project 8

OMG whatever about the Project 7, WOW the Project 8

Old 02-13-2019, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

A forum member ordered one. I don't recall if they posted that they received it.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
A forum member ordered one. I don't recall if they posted that they received it.
That would be zach05855.
In his mouth watering list of cars in his sig he includes "19 Project 8 (on order)", so it seems he hasn't received it yet.
Also, check out Harry's Garage - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB...WWzTOw6guIMYCg - for a number of vids on his personal Project 8.
Harry is one of my favourite motoring vid posters, lots of interesting (and expensive!) cars but at the same time very down to earth.

The following 2 users liked this post by OzXFR:
jaguny (02-13-2019), powerhouse (02-14-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 07:05 PM
Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts

going to start hunting for one of these out of europe or US to add to collection

ideally i want one in BRG with the full cage setup

if anyone knows of one in that spec please send me a pm

Last edited by domino_z; 02-13-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:25 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Interesting review

sorry didn't realise OzXFR had beaten me to this video.

Agree that Harry has an amazing collection of cars and down to earth review style.

Last edited by Paul_59; 02-14-2019 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I recently just found this forum. I have been drooling over the Project 8 since I first saw videos of it. I've been hoping that for some reason or another, one would still be available in June when I have the funds to purchase it. I know that's probably not the case and I will need to source one that has already been delivered but one can dream haha.. I recently attended the Toronto International autoshow where Jaguar had a surprise for me in the booth... I turned the corner and low and behold there it was, a Bright orange Project 8, and it was open! I got to look at every angle of the car and sit in every seat, I probably spent an hour just looking at that one car haha. By the time I left I knew I needed to get one when the time comes. THe car is such a beautiful piece of engineering and it's perfect. Plus it's an easy sell to the wife because it has 4 doors and a back seat . I hope that in the end I can attain a car, but I know people have bought them and are just storing them away in their collections which is a shame.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:12 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by 1lostCDN
Hey guys, I recently just found this forum. I have been drooling over the Project 8 since I first saw videos of it. I've been hoping that for some reason or another, one would still be available in June when I have the funds to purchase it. I know that's probably not the case and I will need to source one that has already been delivered but one can dream haha.. I recently attended the Toronto International autoshow where Jaguar had a surprise for me in the booth... I turned the corner and low and behold there it was, a Bright orange Project 8, and it was open! I got to look at every angle of the car and sit in every seat, I probably spent an hour just looking at that one car haha. By the time I left I knew I needed to get one when the time comes. THe car is such a beautiful piece of engineering and it's perfect. Plus it's an easy sell to the wife because it has 4 doors and a back seat . I hope that in the end I can attain a car, but I know people have bought them and are just storing them away in their collections which is a shame.

My opinion is: A complete abomination and hope Jaguar does not move forward. Talk about fugly!

Old 02-24-2019, 08:21 AM

And it's ok to have that opinion, it is not built to be good for everybody. I love how the GT3/Touring Car/Australian V8 Supercars look so this fits right in. I like it because it looks like you took a Jaguar Touring Car and put street tires and real paint on it. In person it looks much better then online, you can't really take in everything watching videos or looking at pictures of it.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member

Not sure what's driving the fugly comment. Take of the wing and the graphics, and projecting front spoiler lip and it's an attractive car, but that's just my opinion.

The following 2 users liked this post by jaguny:
1lostCDN (02-24-2019), ferrral (04-21-2021)
Old 02-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
Not sure what's driving the fugly comment. Take of the wing and the graphics, and projecting front spoiler lip and it's an attractive car, but that's just my opinion.
I shall be offering a response in due time but that will take many hours and several pages. Please be patient as I have many more pressing things to do at present.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:07 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Plus it's an easy sell to the wife because it has 4 doors and a back seat ...
Not if the used one you find has the "track pack" option.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by scm
Not if the used one you find has the "track pack" option.

Smarty pants lol. I've heard the Track Pack isn't available on North American cars so I should be good if it comes down to that.. If I can't get a new one I might just pick up an XKR-S GT and get a Project 8 when one comes available, there's a couple for sale right now and they seem to be going for a steal for how limited they are.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Veteran Member

I'll wait patiently.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

Smarty pants lol. I've heard the Track Pack isn't available on North American cars so I should be good if it comes down to that.. If I can't get a new one I might just pick up an XKR-S GT and get a Project 8 when one comes available, there's a couple for sale right now and they seem to be going for a steal for how limited they are.
I had an xkr for few years and loved it, do miss it, I know my F-type is more modern, better tec and total modern interior, but am smitten with the XKR-SGT, everytime I see it in videos I want one, limited edition and serious price maybe someday, the last hurray for the xk, 2014 cars making in excess of 100 grand.
Would I swap for one , sorry but hell yea. Its an XK thing. Love the black one below.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...kr-s-gt-35789/

Jaguar XKR-S GT - All Cars for Sale - Cars for Sale - Joe Macari

The following users liked this post:
ferrral (04-21-2021)
Old 02-24-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by powerhouse
I had an xkr for few years and loved it, do miss it, I know my F-type is more modern, better tec and total modern interior, but am smitten with the XKR-SGT, everytime I see it in videos I want one, limited edition and serious price maybe someday, the last hurray for the xk, 2014 cars making in excess of 100 grand.
Would I swap for one , sorry but hell yea. Its an XK thing. Love the black one below.

https://vimeo.com/228186261

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...kr-s-gt-35789/

Jaguar XKR-S GT - All Cars for Sale - Cars for Sale - Joe Macari

The XK is one of my favorite designs from Jag. And when I look at it for how rare they are and the fact that they had an MSRP of $180k new. The fact that you can get one for around $115k is incredible. If any of the other manufacturers put out a car that had only 43 produced their values would never be lower then MSRP, and the fact that the XKR-S GT is a hell of a drivers car is another reason I see them as a bit of a bargain. THere is one guy I know through a friend that worked at the Ford Factory in Oakville Ontario that has an XKR-S GT and he drives his car constantly..

Old 02-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

Yes, I do have a P8 on order and is scheduled to arrive April 10. The track pack is not available in NA.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by zach05855
Yes, I do have a P8 on order and is scheduled to arrive April 10. The track pack is not available in NA.

Sir, I am insanely jealous lol. I hope to be in your position but I am doubtful of my chances. I hope that you actually drive this machine every once in a while and don't just let it sit in your amazing garage haha. Do you by chance know if the other Canadian cars have been spoken for? And if I get the chance, guess I can't get an orange one haha.

Old 02-25-2019, 12:38 PM
Received 258 Likes on 148 Posts

Sir, I am insanely jealous lol. I hope to be in your position but I am doubtful of my chances. I hope that you actually drive this machine every once in a while and don't just let it sit in your amazing garage haha. Do you by chance know if the other Canadian cars have been spoken for? And if I get the chance, guess I can't get an orange one haha.
To my knowledge , 5 to 8 P8's were assigned to Canada. Initially I was told there would be 5 allocations, that was back in 2017 when I placed my order. There was a process to decide who would be able to receive an allocation. This past summer I think the allocations were upped to 8 cars. I have no idea if all were spoken for but I would think they are all long since sold.

There have been multiple delays in delivery, but I have been told the car has been built and should be on the boat soon.

Last edited by zach05855; 02-25-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by zach05855
To my knowledge , 5 to 8 P8's were assigned to Canada. Initially I was told there would be 5 allocations, that was back in 2017 when I placed my order. There was a process to decide who would be able to receive an allocation. This past summer I think the allocations were upped to 8 cars. I have no idea if all were spoken for but I would think they are all long since sold.

There have been multiple delays in delivery, but I have been told the car has been built and should be on the boat soon.

Thank you, kind of sad. I just might have to wait until one pops up on the used market.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Seems to be one available at a dealership according to this Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jaguarftypeowners/permalink/2133853400029361/

Not shure were the dealer is located, but their name is Milton Keynes dealership.

Quick Reply: Project 8