Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley only

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
I owned a ford lighting years ago that wouldn't necessarily agree with you. Pulley alone did increase performance, but mixture leaned out and detonation was audible. Today's computers may catch knock sooner, but what if it doesn't? Hope you have access to 93 octane.....
Originally Posted by Unhingd

You’re not worried that the additional boost without different mapping will cause the engine to run too lean? I would suggest testing for lambda on a dyno after the pulley installation even if you don’t change the OEM tune.
I tried to offer up this possibility earlier in the thread and was ignored; he's going to believe what he wants to believe regardless of what anyone says, even if they're the most experienced person on the subject. Best to just let him blow his engine up at this point; only way he'll learn.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:50 PM
V8S
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawumba
I owned a ford lighting years ago that wouldn't necessarily agree with you. Pulley alone did increase performance, but mixture leaned out and detonation was audible. Today's computers may catch knock sooner, but what if it doesn't? Hope you have access to 93 octane.....
I run 93 pump gas plus Lucus which claims +3.

Is anyone running E70 or there abouts? How flex fuel are we? Is there a harness mod?

Old 07-28-2018, 09:03 PM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by Stohlen
I tried to offer up this possibility earlier in the thread and was ignored; he's going to believe what he wants to believe regardless of what anyone says, even if they're the most experienced person on the subject. Best to just let him blow his engine up at this point; only way he'll learn.
All SC pulley websites say no tune is required. They est. +30-40 ft lbs under peak. How could a tune be required, we are talking about a 3000 ft change in pressure altitude?? You are worried about driving from Albuquerque to Oklahoma City without exploding, meanwhile you alpha-test a 620hp tune that voided your OEM warranty with no warranty offered from the tuner--who can't even post a before/after dyno.

Last edited by V8S; 07-28-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:05 PM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

I would suggest getting a good scan tool that can give you real time monitoring and logging of individual cylinder misfires. If there are misfires, it's going to undo what you're trying to accomplish. You'd want to observe timing before and after the pulley swap and see if it's pulling timing on you. We don't know exactly how the stock tune will react until you do.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:10 PM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
I would suggest getting a good scan tool that can give you real time monitoring and logging of individual cylinder misfires. If there are misfires, it's going to undo what you're trying to accomplish.
I usually run Torque Pro while driving. Why would running the same peak psi cause misfires? In daily driving its no different than a 3000' altitude change.

Last edited by V8S; 07-28-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by V8S
All SC pulley websites say no tune is required. They est. +30-40 ft lbs under peak. How could a tune be required, we are talking about a 3000 ft change in pressure altitude?? You are worried about driving from Albuquerque to Oklahoma City without exploding, meanwhile you alpha-test a 620hp tune that voided your OEM warranty with no warranty offered from the tuner--who can't even post a before/after dyno.
I don't think you know what "alpha test" means. Maybe you should look up what "all the websites" say about that.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:18 PM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
I usually run Torque Pro while driving. Why would running the same peak psi cause misfires? In daily driving its no different than driving over a 3000 hill; that doesnt even qualify as a mountain.
You need a real scan tool. By the way, torque pro adds significant delay and dampening to all of its so-called "real time" readings, to make the gauges and graphs look pretty. Which might explain why you think there is a delay in the pedal. A proper tool does not screw up the readings to make them look pretty.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:22 PM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
You need a real scan tool. By the way, torque pro adds significant delay and dampening to all of its so-called "real time" readings, to make the gauges and graphs look pretty. Which might explain why you think there is a delay in the pedal. A proper tool does not screw up the readings to make them look pretty.
I don't log anything. I use it as a scan tool with an occasional coolant temperature reading when the jags ambient reading gets up in the 130s. It's blue tooth so it kills the music.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 368 Likes on 250 Posts

After reading this thread and everything said by V8S I am starting to wonder if he even has an F-Type. It seems he is just trolling. Any of his threads have a photo of his car?

Old 07-29-2018, 07:36 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
After reading this thread and everything said by V8S I am starting to wonder if he even has an F-Type. It seems he is just trolling. Any of his threads have a photo of his car?
We know one thing for sure, because I've asked up and down, no one here has done a pulley.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Banned
Received 325 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
We know one thing for sure, because I've asked up and down, no one here has done a pulley.
Excuse my usual desire for precision, I think there are plenty F Type owners who have done a pulley change, just most if not all also had a revised tune fitted at the same time

Old 07-29-2018, 10:19 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by Paul_59
Excuse my usual desire for precision, I think there are plenty F Type owners who have done a pulley change, just most if not all also had a revised tune fitted at the same time
F-Type owners, maybe. But no one can here post any install info, no dynos, no photos, no video, just talk then crickets.

Old 07-29-2018, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by V8S
F-Type owners, maybe. But no one can here post any install info, no dynos, no photos, no video, just talk then crickets.
Maybe searching the forum would be a good idea? Sounds like you haven’t spent any time doing that....

Old 07-29-2018, 10:46 AM
V8S
Banned

Maybe searching the forum would be a good idea? Sounds like you haven’t spent any time doing that....
I have actually. I've stated that with each request for pics/videos/DIYs. Thats a common and reasonable request. Got a link?

Old 07-29-2018, 12:56 PM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

Sir Linksalot is on hiatus. He shall return when given the word that the forum has returned to sanity and civility and no more horses are sacrificed to the inconsequential.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by fujicoupe
Sir Linksalot is on hiatus. He shall return when given the word that the forum has returned to sanity and civility and no more horses are sacrificed to the inconsequential.
For the first time ever on a car forum, I've taken advantage of the "Ignore list." I'm looking forward to an improved experience here.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 368 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Must be a troll. He is deflecting. A normal reaction would be to respond with a picture of his car along with proof its not a stock photo.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
I was thinking the same several days ago, and I would not be surprized if you are spot on ..

Old 07-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Please look at the “V6S Tune” thread. Every single one of my engine mods has been documented with before and after data on a load bearing axle mounted dyno. Lots of info on that thread. The results are consistent with those claimed by VAP.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:32 PM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by Unhingd

Please look at the “V6S Tune” thread. Every single one of my engine mods has been documented with before and after data on a load bearing axle mounted dyno. Lots of info on that thread. The results are consistent with those claimed by VAP.
Sorry maybe i'm doing something wrong, searching with quotes returns nothing, without quotes returns too much.

Quick Reply: Pulley only