Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley only

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd

Please look at the “V6S Tune” thread. Every single one of my engine mods has been documented with before and after data on a load bearing axle mounted dyno. Lots of info on that thread. The results are consistent with those claimed by VAP.
After searching for about 30 seconds I found your thread. Can't wait to see how V8S argues with your results.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...s-tune-153046/

Old 07-29-2018, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Sorry maybe i'm doing something wrong, searching with quotes returns nothing, without quotes returns too much.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...6/#post1345316

Please note that the curves will not cross at 5252 rpm on the dyno chart snapshots because the torque and power scales (left & right) are not the same. When manually plotted from the data using the same scale, they do indeed cross at that rpm.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:44 PM
Received 4,457 Likes on 2,427 Posts

I'm keeping this thread open, for now... but there are a certain members who are on very thin ice here.

The following 4 users liked this post by Cambo:
Chawumba (07-30-2018), Itismejoshy (07-30-2018), JgaXkr (07-29-2018), WayneB (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 08:44 AM
V8S
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I suggest closing it. To date, no one has contributed useful info (pics, video, dyno before and after) to contribute the orig question of illustrating a V8 DIY pulley install. Thats not a reason to close the thread, but this is:

Its clear this forum has a chronic problem with a few VAP tuners pushing their business development plan instead of serving forum members who seek safer, and frankly more useful powerband options.

The verboten issue: A pulley raising boost 1.5 PSI is no different than driving in Oklahoma instead of New Mexico. Thats a safe and highly useable 30-40 ft pounds of torque for hardly any money, without signifcant warranty finger prints because factory peak torque limits remain in place. Compare to their system software mod, which can only generate more peak boost by inhibiting Jag system software limits present to prevent block stress, this is inherently less safe, cleary voids the OEM warranty, clearly voids your car insurance which is predicated on OEM warranty actuarials, and provides little-to-no benefit in the low-to-mid range power band, which is the most usable and important to most drivers. When pointed out that their pushy-solution is risky, reduces engine life due to plastic stress instead of staying inside design elastic limits (think spring deformation once stretched too far), and is also a less effective option for most, they respond, "just add a pulley to our tune." Ok, we get it already.

Pointing out the obvious downsides of a system software removal of peak boost limits, seems off limits here.

Why?

Members should be permitted to discuss any option(s) they choose without harassment from a particular company's overly aggressive sales force.

If mods allow persistant pestering of all other options, the only forum option is to close all alternative threads. They win, forum members lose.

Last edited by V8S; 07-30-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
...harassment ...
I do not think this word means what you think it means

Old 07-30-2018, 09:27 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by stmcknig
I do not think this word means what you think it means
Reported.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:29 AM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts

Can we delete the entire thing and pretend it never happened? Anyone else get the sense V8S is the alter ego of the last guy who was pimping a pedal actuator a couple months ago? This forum got a lot less civil and informative right about the time these types of threads started popping up.

The following users liked this post:
jackra_1 (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Can we delete the entire thing and pretend it never happened? Anyone else get the sense V8S is the alter ego of the last guy who was pimping a pedal actuator a couple months ago? This forum got a lot less civil and informative right about the time these types of threads started popping up.
Right, lets delete every post that points out that VAP tune pushers are advocating removing Jag boost limits which induces permanent plastic (not elastic) stress, voids your OEM warranty, and voids your car insurance. That serves forum members well.

Reported, again.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:05 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,112 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Just like to point out that 'VAP tune pushers' are either happy customers, or, like me, not a customer, but someones who's been impressed by VAP's responsiveness on this forum.

DPelletier (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
removing Jag boost limits which induces permanent plastic (not elastic) stress.
You have no evidence to support this claim. Any plastic deformation of an engine will likely result in immediate failure as modern ICE tolerances are too tight.

Old 07-30-2018, 10:36 AM
V8S
Banned

Originally Posted by DJS
Just like to point out that 'VAP tune pushers' are either happy customers, or, like me, not a customer, but someones who's been impressed by VAP's responsiveness on this forum.
Thats great. I understand that. I want a forum that allows multiple points of view, including re-flashes, too. But its wrong and disrespectful of any forum community when a tuner, selling their wares, viciously blocks and clogs all other discussion. Especially when their solution has downsides they do not reveal, because they are offering a sales pitch, not a point of view in the members' best interest.

If VAP is successful shutting down alternative disscussion, I have already confirmed (at the, "my neighbor is CFO at one of the nation's largest insurance firms" level) that VAP will be recieving a letter requesting all customer VINs. All VAP VINs with their insurance will be cancelled, and anyone using a VAP tune to modify their cars' performance, without disclosing it as required by policy, will be denied claim coverage upon disclosure. VINs will be placed on an inter-company do not insure fraud database, also at the owner level. VAP will comply or be sued as accomplice to large scale insurance fraud.

Thats what happens when you use thug tactics. Lets hope it doesn't come to that, and civil discussion allowing alternative options, returns either by closer moderator involvement or basic civilized discourse.

This warning to Velocity AP will remain in effect indefinitely and applies to all threads on all forums.

I will pull the trigger as I see fit. VAP users should take note.

Last edited by V8S; 07-30-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

My insurance company already knows of my Range Rover VAP tune. No problem at all.

Also with a VAP tune one has the capability to revert back to original tune in about 10 minutes.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:10 AM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
Thats great. I understand that. I want a forum that allows multiple points of view, including re-flashes, too. But its wrong and disrespectful of any forum community when a tuner, selling their wares, viciously blocks and clogs all other discussion. Especially when their solution has downsides they do not reveal, because they are offering a sales pitch, not a point of view in the members' best interest.

If VAP is successful shutting down alternative disscussion, I have already confirmed (at the, "my neighbor is CFO at one of the nation's largest insurance firms" level) that VAP will be recieving a letter requesting all customer VINs. All VAP VINs with their insurance will be cancelled, and anyone using a VAP tune to modify their cars' performance, without disclosing it as required by policy, will be denied claim coverage upon disclosure. VINs will be placed on an inter-company do not insure fraud database, also at the owner level. VAP will comply or be sued as accomplice to large scale insurance fraud.

Thats what happens when you use thug tactics. Lets hope it doesn't come to that, and civil discussion allowing alternative options, returns either by closer moderator involvement or basic civilized discourse.

This warning to Velocity AP will remain in effect indefinitely and applies to all threads on all forums.

I will pull the trigger as I see fit. VAP users should take note.

It is not VAP's responsibility for their customer to inform the insurance company they modified their car, that is sole responsibility is down to the owner, it is not VAP's responsibility.
The data protection act actually means a CFO cannot make any such request and also means VAP if they did provide the VIN's would be in breach of the data protection act.

Not seen any thug tactics by VAP.
Not seen any discussions about other tuners closed down, there are other good tuners, Viezu are a good tuner, Paramount Performance who are linked/owned by Viezu are also great. Of course there is also Jaguar and VAP can offer you the Jaguar tunes should you wish.

What warning to VAP, by who? You? LOL!

The following 4 users liked this post by Gibbo205:
DPelletier (07-30-2018), IronMike (07-30-2018), jackra_1 (07-30-2018), WayneB (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote by V8S:" This warning to Velocity AP will remain in effect indefinitely and applies to all threads on all forums.

I will pull the trigger as I see fit. VAP users should take note".

The above is not what I would call "civilized discourse".

The following 2 users liked this post by jackra_1:
DPelletier (07-30-2018), JgaXkr (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by V8S
a tuner, selling their wares, viciously blocks and clogs all other discussion.

If VAP is successful shutting down alternative disscussion,

Thats what happens when you use thug tactics.
That's quite a list of accusations you have there, none of which I have seen evidence of in public posts...

jackra_1 (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Chawumba
Absolutely agree.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
I'm keeping this thread open, for now... but there are a certain members who are on very thin ice here.
One in particular I hope.....threats aren't what I consider acceptable. Do what you will but add me to the members suggesting this thread be closed.....at the VERY least.

Dave

Old 07-30-2018, 11:45 AM
Received 241 Likes on 173 Posts
Default Complete lunacy

Originally Posted by v8s
thats great. I understand that. I want a forum that allows multiple points of view, including re-flashes, too. But its wrong and disrespectful of any forum community when a tuner, selling their wares, viciously blocks and clogs all other discussion. Especially when their solution has downsides they do not reveal, because they are offering a sales pitch, not a point of view in the members' best interest.

If vap is successful shutting down alternative disscussion, i have already confirmed (at the, "my neighbor is cfo at one of the nation's largest insurance firms" level) that vap will be recieving a letter requesting all customer vins. All vap vins with their insurance will be cancelled, and anyone using a vap tune to modify their cars' performance, without disclosing it as required by policy, will be denied claim coverage upon disclosure. Vins will be placed on an inter-company do not insure fraud database, also at the owner level. Vap will comply or be sued as accomplice to large scale insurance fraud.

This warning to velocity ap will remain in effect indefinitely and applies to all threads on all forums.

I will pull the trigger as i see fit. Vap users should take note.
This is complete lunacy.

Moderators, for the love of god, please close this thread!

The following 6 users liked this post by Chawumba:
alphakinase (07-31-2018), JgaXkr (07-30-2018), mlebofsky (07-30-2018), Panthro (08-19-2018), RGPV6S (07-30-2018), WayneB (07-30-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)