F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Puncture repair :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 02:29 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Puncture repair :(

So i'm leaving for Germany in the morning and got a nail through one of my P-Zero's on the SVR, Had a professional mushroom patch put in with the tyre dismounted which under 99% of normal driving conditions would be fine, but then getting up at 4am to max your SVR on an Autobahn isn't normal driving conditions and the chances of finding a new P zero in 305/30/20 between here and Germany are pretty low so no high speed runs for me, given how much emphasis they put on putting the tyres up to 50PSI which seems crazy anyway. grrr, have to wait until they are worn out and get a set of pilot sport 4s and have another trip

Old 07-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do they offer a rating on the repair patch, I think typically they are safe to the tire rating,

Richard

Old 07-28-2017, 03:27 PM

This is not true. Any puncture that has been plugged or patched and any bubbling on the sidewall renders the speed rating of the tire null.

OP is smart not to run at max speed with one tire that is not up to spec.

Originally Posted by RCCTurbos
Do they offer a rating on the repair patch, I think typically they are safe to the tire rating,

Richard

Old 07-28-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Negan
This is not true. Any puncture that has been plugged or patched and any bubbling on the sidewall renders the speed rating of the tire null.

OP is smart not to run at max speed with one tire that is not up to spec.
Good to know, thanks for the info,

Richard

Old 07-28-2017, 04:03 PM

I see most tire manufacturers state 85mph limit after a tires is repaired, and Pirelli does not even endorse repairing their tires with V ratings or higher,

Richard

Old 07-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by dave_Sw1
So i'm leaving for Germany in the morning and got a nail through one of my P-Zero's on the SVR, Had a professional mushroom patch put in with the tyre dismounted which under 99% of normal driving conditions would be fine, but then getting up at 4am to max your SVR on an Autobahn isn't normal driving conditions and the chances of finding a new P zero in 305/30/20 between here and Germany are pretty low so no high speed runs for me, given how much emphasis they put on putting the tyres up to 50PSI which seems crazy anyway. grrr, have to wait until they are worn out and get a set of pilot sport 4s and have another trip
Who is it that's telling you to raise the pressures to 50psi?