F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick detailing products

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Question Quick detailing products

Just wondering what products owners are using to detail their vehicles? I was looking online for a quick detailing exterior product and came across "chemical guys". Does anyone have any experience with their line? Are most using zymol? Thanks.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah I use Chemical guys Hybrid V7, its pretty easy and works fine as a quick detailer. Having gone through a lot of their videos though for other products, I think most of their products are more hype than substance but V7 is probably the best thing they make.

The following users liked this post:
99Gsp (08-08-2015)
Old 08-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Received 104 Likes on 50 Posts

I use Maguire's Advance quick detailer after using Eco Touch waterless car wash.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 355rockit
I use Maguire's Advance quick detailer after using Eco Touch waterless car wash.
+1. I never get out the wash bucket unless I am going to do the full clay bar/swirl remover/glaze/wax job. The waterless wash produces better results than soapy water.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Nookieman
+1. I never get out the wash bucket unless I am going to do the full clay bar/swirl remover/glaze/wax job. The waterless wash produces better results than soapy water.
I'm in the opposite camp. No waterless wash: the car stays dirty until I can wash it properly.

The F-Type is too new to have had any treatment yet, but I'm accustomed to once a year doing the full clay bar, polish as necessary, apply paint sealer. At the half year intervals I often clay bar and seal the roof and hood, since they take the biggest beating from the sun.

For sealer, I've been using Menzerna Powerlock. Previously I was using Tech 2.0 synthetic wax (paste form). Before that, I was sold on pure carnauba. The Powerlock really is better than either. I've been sealing the paint on the wheels with Opti-Seal and plastic (headlights, etc.) with Wolfgang's Plastic Sealer.

I'm getting ready to clean/clay/polish/seal my C30 as a prelude to selling, and I'm sure it'll gleam when I'm done. With the new car, I'm evaluating all those choices again, so am open to ideas.

One thing I really like is Blaster Sidekick. It's a handheld blower that emits warm, filtered air to get water out of mirrors, handles, panel gaps, etc. I got it for the motorcycles, but love it for the car. I really don't like cleaning and drying my car, only to get water spots as soon as I start driving as the water blows out of those hidden places.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts

My car is black. I use the waterless wash at least 2x per week and have no swirls and no water spots. I use a lot of microfiber cloths. Probably at least six each time, carefully folded to expose a fresh surface for each gentle wipe. Washing it the old school way was not working out that well for me but then we have fairly hard water here. I was getting a lot of water spots. Out water comes from wells and then the city adds minerals. I was quoted $1,500 to install filtration that would avoid water spots. The waterless wash is a much cheaper option for me.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

I use a lot of chemical guys products. Especially the waterless car wash, and a new tire finish that doesn't spray all over afterwards and lasts forever.
I have always used the newest Meguiars Quick Detailer and Quick Wax. I have the wax done professionally now and use the detailer at our Ferrari-Maserati dealer after I saw his work. He uses a variety of products too complicated for me. He does it on his own time so I pay him direct, once a year at end of summer

Old 08-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
One thing I really like is Blaster Sidekick. It's a handheld blower that emits warm, filtered air to get water out of mirrors, handles, panel gaps, etc. I got it for the motorcycles, but love it for the car. I really don't like cleaning and drying my car, only to get water spots as soon as I start driving as the water blows out of those hidden places.
I agree. I own the Master Blaster, which is the same thing but has a bit more power and some different attachments since it is designed for cars rather than motorcycles. It dries my car much faster than I could do by hand, and avoids most touching. I only need to use microfiber towels for spots I miss.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Pledge (Lemon scented)!

Old 08-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

I use that meguaire's (?) waterless was and wax...but my car is white, so it's extremely easy to take care of...

Old 08-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Received 98 Likes on 56 Posts

Chemical Guys
CR Spotless Water System
Master Blaster

Walt

Old 08-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm just getting around to doing a more involved detail of the car, mostly because I have to park under some stupid trees at work that drip sap pretty badly.

What brick-and-mortar stores do you guys find has the best selection of products? I know the "best" things are probably gotten off internet sites from specialty detailing companies, but I'm talking about for a quick run to an auto store to pick something up.

I stopped by Auto Zone yesterday and they had a Meguiars clay bar kit which I bought, and also some Stoner Tarminator (which actually didn't remove the older sap spots like I'd hoped it would, but the clay seemed to do it).

But I need to go out today and get something for a basic wash, and also some kind of EASY to use wax product. I'll save a more involved all-day waxing for a later time. For now, I just want something easy to use to prep me for driving tomorrow.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 992 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneAspen
But I need to go out today and get something for a basic wash, and also some kind of EASY to use wax product. I'll save a more involved all-day waxing for a later time. For now, I just want something easy to use to prep me for driving tomorrow.
Meguiar's Tech 2.0 is readily available, and before I switched to a high-falutin' sealer, was my wax of choice. A quick search shows that even Walmart carries it.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Meguiar's Tech 2.0 is readily available, and before I switched to a high-falutin' sealer, was my wax of choice. A quick search shows that even Walmart carries it.
Cool - thanks. I tried the Meguiar's clay bar briefly last night and was pleased with it, so I'll check out the Tech 2.0 today.

Thanks!