F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R Coupe Arrived!! 2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Default R Coupe Arrived!! 2 Questions

So my R Coupe is here. Thanks to Lizard it looks pretty darned great with the Blade Wheels!

So I've got 2 questions. My "J" DRL's aren't automatically on. I have to turn them on manually on the headlight stalk. Is that standard on US models? Or is that something that can be configured on by a dealership? (Bought it used so I didn't get to ask). Second, LOVE Dynamic mode for the sound!!! But I've noticed the ride is a bit bouncy. So I switched the suspension only to normal and left the rest in Dynamic Mode. I like that much better. Does anyone else have their car set up that way? Just curious what you folks with more experience have done with the iDiff! Thanks!

Old 07-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Are your lights in auto mode? In suto my running lights turn on whenever i start the car.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by shift
Are your lights in auto mode? In suto my running lights turn on whenever i start the car.
Indeed lights in autos. And my running lights are off. Thanks

Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by mm767cap
So my R Coupe is here. Thanks to Lizard it looks pretty darned great with the Blade Wheels!

So I've got 2 questions. My "J" DRL's aren't automatically on. I have to turn them on manually on the headlight stalk. Is that standard on US models? Or is that something that can be configured on by a dealership? (Bought it used so I didn't get to ask). Second, LOVE Dynamic mode for the sound!!! But I've noticed the ride is a bit bouncy. So I switched the suspension only to normal and left the rest in Dynamic Mode. I like that much better. Does anyone else have their car set up that way? Just curious what you folks with more experience have done with the iDiff! Thanks!
I configured my dynamic mode to leave steering in normal mode. I find the dynamic steering too stiff for my taste. I leave all other items in dynamic.

My DRLs turn on automatically also. I was not aware of a setting to turn them off. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order because they should work.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Indeed lights in autos. And my running lights are off. Thanks
silly questions, is auto mode actually working? maybe the light sensor in auto mode is blocked?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

In response to your suspension switched to normal in Dynamic mode, that is my preference as well. Also, I rarely turn on the sound system--I just love listening to all the sounds the exhaust makes!

Old 07-30-2014, 01:11 PM

Thanks all for the responses. I'm a moron. Indeed the DRL's ARE on in auto. Just not with the parking brake set. So when I was checking to see if they were on they were not. But when I switch to drive, on they come!!! You can't teach stupid! Some of us just have natural ability!!!

Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks all for the responses. I'm a moron. Indeed the DRL's ARE on in auto. Just not with the parking brake set. So when I was checking to see if they were on they were not. But when I switch to drive, on they come!!! You can't teach stupid! Some of us just have natural ability!!!
Thanks to you, I just spewed my beer all over my computer...

Last edited by IronMike; 07-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.