F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar Detector Mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 04:39 PM
Received 245 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
The bezel for the light just pulls out. It'll take a bit of force then snap free. I think the first time I did it was just with fingertips. Now I have a set of trim tools.
Just to be sure, are talking about removing the entire light/emergency button panel or just the small light bezel. I can see that the entire panel encompassing the light and emergency buttons may be able to be prayed open.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII
Just to be sure, are talking about removing the entire light/emergency button panel or just the small light bezel. I can see that the entire panel encompassing the light and emergency buttons may be able to be prayed open.
Yep, the whole panel.
I pulled mine down a few years ago using trim tools and fingers, as lizzardo says the retaining clips are very tight so it needs a good yank to pull down.
I pulled it down to see if I could replace some/all of the globes with brighter Cree LEDs (like I did on my old XFS and XFR) but I discovered two things:
1. You can't separate the light bezel from the rest of the panel, it's all one thing.
2. The globes are already LEDs and cannot be renewed or replaced, if one or more go phut then it's a whole new panel or nuffin.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII
The whole light assembly. I didn't try prayer. I used carefully applied force. I'd go take mine apart to get you a picture but am expecting family to start arriving any minute for feasting. Actually, six minutes ago, but I'll take the breathing room.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:43 PM

Enjoy the breathing room,,,better yet enjoy your Thanksgiving and once again thanks very much to all whom I bothered on this Holiday…..

As is probably evident, I am playing no part in preparations. As a matter of fact I have been summarily evicted from the kitchen and have been relegated to the garage which is why I have come up with this project. I just hate being in the garage…..

Old 11-25-2021, 09:43 PM
Received 163 Likes on 104 Posts

George , Blue/white wire is the switched positive in the mirror harness. It is also the fattest one in the harness. Negative is the black wire. A trick is that you may have to peel back some of the felt tape further back away form the connector to confirm the correct colour. In my car at least heat had faded it so by the time it joined the connector it was actually green/white in colour and looked the same as all the other wires.

Old 11-25-2021, 10:38 PM

Borbor,

I presume you are referring to the blue/white wire in the connector inside the overhead lights compartment or is it the mirror assembly itself? At first I went for the plastic housing just in front of the mirror, which is the black kind of pyramid shaped plastic piece that just slips right off and I only have these two connectors shown in this picture, none which have a blue wire.

If you mean the mirror itself I was avoiding that having been advised that I could go into the light compartment. I was not able to attack the light compartment this evening but will do so tomorrow and see what I discover. Many Thanks….

There is also this picture from here in the forum of the connector which shows the blue/white connector you perhaps refer too that is un-switched. I just need to find that puppy.

Old 11-26-2021, 01:21 AM
Received 163 Likes on 104 Posts

It is the fat one closest to the viewer in your picture. You can see it is in the same pin position as the blue wire in the second photo above.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:12 PM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

I've gone through this thread and if I am understanding it correctly my V1 will not work because the windshield will interfere with the lens of the V1?
My car is a 20 with a heated windshield.

Old 11-26-2021, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR 575
I've gone through this thread and if I am understanding it correctly my V1 will not work because the windshield will interfere with the lens of the V1?
My car is a 20 with a heated windshield.
I thought the various windshields that might interfere with such things as radar detectors and toll transponders had a "clear" area near the mirror. Check your owner's manual.