Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range Rover leases

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Range Rover leases

Hello fellas,

Been a while... Anyways, I'm curious to hear about your Range Rover experiences. Would anyone be so kind as to share their experience with leasing, or exploring a lease, of a Range Rover?

I see some 2016s on the lots, San Jose has a few, and hornburg has a dozen or so. It looks like Land Rover is subsidizing them like they do for the f type, though I'm not sure if they're as heavily subsidized as the f type r (love those $800 leases). Anyone success in getting one for under 1k a month?

Yes, I know it's a Jaguar forum, but I'm showering
trust in y'all and I hope that'll make up for my insolence.

- hardwired ( cuz I'm an engineer, get it?, I so funny)

edit: lol, of course you can get one for less than 1k, but I don't like Le V6, I'm curious about the gas guzzler V8

Old 03-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a 2016 RRS Dynamic V8. LOVE IT. I am in Canada and picked it up in March 2016. I got 4K off back then. They also gave me 0.5% discount on the interest rate because they love me. Ended up at 3.4% APR.
I cannot comment on US pricing. I can comment on the fact that I love driving it specially when it's nasty out with lots of snow. I also take if off road but I do not do any extreme off roading....

Old 03-16-2017, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by enfield
I have a 2016 RRS Dynamic V8. LOVE IT. I am in Canada and picked it up in March 2016. I got 4K off back then. They also gave me 0.5% discount on the interest rate because they love me. Ended up at 3.4% APR.
I cannot comment on US pricing. I can comment on the fact that I love driving it specially when it's nasty out with lots of snow. I also take if off road but I do not do any extreme off roading....
Cool, thanks for sharing!

Any thoughts on height of the sport version? Part of the RR identity seems to be the high seating, but the RRS isn't so that tall a car...

Old 03-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

I couldn't tell you from a financial standpoint but I've had seat time in all variants of the Range Rover Sport and the full size Range Rover.

Full size is just too big to navigate around in crowded areas. I live in Los Angeles/Orange County and on a day to day, the full size gets too tiring as you're constantly mindful of the size of the car. Seeing that you're in the Bay Area, I'm sure thats the same as well.

For ***** and giggles, I love the Range Rover Sport SVR, but its not practical as its focused more on the performance side. The middle row seats are sculpted to be like bucket seats leaving the seating position in the middle a bit awkward. But the SVR has the switchable exhaust button which means you get the same F-TYPE V8 notes.

As for the Range Rover Sport V8, its constant trips to the gas station gets old. Sure its quick and powerful but completely unnecessary. The V8's come with super comfortable headrests though.

Range Rover Sport V6 and diesel is the way to go. Both are easy to drive and easy on the wallet in terms of fuel. Both encourage easy, mellow driving styles and I end up at my destinations pretty relaxed. The diesel has gobs of low end torque so it scoots. Only drawback is the refilling of the DEF fluid every 6000 miles or so.

Last edited by WhiteTardis; 03-16-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Off topic and broken record here: I'd love to have a Land Rover if it had 3 pedals and at least 2 sticks. See Uncle Fishbits...plenty of imagination (but serious).

Old 03-16-2017, 08:43 PM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

We have a Full Fat 2012 Range Rover, as well as a 2016 LR4 LUX nicely appointed. The FFRR was paid for new the LR is being leased. The lease details on the LR4 are:

(1) 36 month lease
(2) $00.00 down
(3) $749.00/month including tax
(4) 12k miles per year

We love both of the vehicles and will continue to purchase only Land Rover. This primarily due to the fact that one home is in the Lake Tahoe area, the other in Norther California. Nothing beats a LR in nasty snow!

Hope this helps

Old 03-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by hardwired

Any thoughts on height of the sport version? Part of the RR identity seems to be the high seating, but the RRS isn't so that tall a car...
It's very deceiving, but the overall height of the Sport is 70" and the Range Rover is 72" so there's actually only roughly 2" difference.

The Seat base has a lot of travel, I'm 5' 10" tall and have a good view of the Hood in my '16 sport. So if you ever test drive one play around with the seat position before you take off, you can sit pretty high if that's what you want.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Uk2usa
It's very deceiving, but the overall height of the Sport is 70" and the Range Rover is 72" so there's actually only roughly 2" difference.

The Seat base has a lot of travel, I'm 5' 10" tall and have a good view of the Hood in my '16 sport. So if you ever test drive one play around with the seat position before you take off, you can sit pretty high if that's what you want.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Wow! I thought the difference was much more significant...

Old 03-17-2017, 01:58 AM

Thanks for the input so far fellas, keep it coming

I'm starting to think I'll need to consider the V6. My experience with my old Porsche cayenne was that the v6 was underpowered, and despite reading reviews to the contrary, I still believed that was the case with the RR V6. Mpg is probably a concern for me with this car though. Unlike the f type, this one isn't a toy and doesn't get the right to waste my money

I've looked into lease costs a little more on my end, and I'm pretty sure I can get a RR V8 for zero down and $1k a month, plus tax. I don't have that offer on the table, but I think if I walked into the shop ready to sign, there's an 75 percent chance I'd get it. I don't know yet what I can get on an RRS.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:00 AM

Wow! I thought the difference was much more significant...

Here's a RR and RRS side by side

Old 03-17-2017, 11:09 AM

Here's a RR and RRS side by side
Must be the black plastic at the bottom that makes it look smaller...

Last edited by hardwired; 03-17-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:51 AM

Hardwired: No I live and work next Door to NPB in Irvine, I'm guessing about two miles from the Border? I buy our Cars from a close friend who works at the Newport Dealership, here are some current offers so you can compare to what's going on up there in SF

Land Rover Current Offers | Land Rover Newport Beach

Old 03-17-2017, 11:56 AM

Hardwired: No I live and work next Door to NPB in Irvine, I'm guessing about two miles from the Border? I buy our Cars from a close friend who works at the Newport Dealership, here are some current offers so you can compare to what's going on up there in SF

Land Rover Current Offers Land Rover Newport Beach
Cool. I edited out the question as I realized it was personal, but I guess you already saw it...

I think I'm at the point where I should evaluate my finances and go check out a car I like.

Thanks fellas!

Old 03-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

typically range rover leases are more expensive compared to the jag lease. you're not getting the same level of discount from MSRP on RR as Jaguar. The one exception being the evoque. when i shopped the RR sport a few years ago it made more sense to finance vs lease

Old 03-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

I also had a 2012 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged. The seating position is about the same and the same for the height. The difference is that the front hood is more curved and then tapers down. Makes it feel as though one is sitting lower.

I saw some of the other posts. If you are considering the V6 then I think you may like the diesel better. It feels quicker when driving. One the other hand the V8's acceleration is explosive! I have routinely out accelerated 'sports cars' off the line. The most fun was demolishing a corvette - it was a little wet and cold. He shouldn't have revved his engine. The poor corvette was spinning it's tires - and his lady friend was laughing at being beaten by an SUV.

#ICanBeQuiteImmature

Old 03-18-2017, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by enfield
I also had a 2012 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged. The seating position is about the same and the same for the height. The difference is that the front hood is more curved and then tapers down. Makes it feel as though one is sitting lower.

I saw some of the other posts. If you are considering the V6 then I think you may like the diesel better. It feels quicker when driving. One the other hand the V8's acceleration is explosive! I have routinely out accelerated 'sports cars' off the line. The most fun was demolishing a corvette - it was a little wet and cold. He shouldn't have revved his engine. The poor corvette was spinning it's tires - and his lady friend was laughing at being beaten by an SUV.

#ICanBeQuiteImmature
lol this is awesome