F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear License Plate Mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 08:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear License Plate Mounting?

My actual license plate finally came in for the MY 14' car I purchased last month. When I went to put the plate on... I ran into some issues.

The dealer advert tag was screwed into two of the small upper plate holes using what I think are 3/4 inch #8 metal screws. I unscrew those and find the screw heads are smaller in diameter than the holes on the plate.

Go to a couple of local auto parts stores and all their license plate frames have even larger screw hole gaps. Their screws are all either too wide, or lacking heads with a sufficiently sized diameter.

Underneath the advert tag is a little bare metal square which I guess is part of some plate mounting system that I don't have.

So how does everyone else mount their rear plates? Is there some special F-type mount? If not, what screw sizes do people use for the upper screw holes?

Old 08-28-2017, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Go to any Ace Hardware affiliate. They have drawers of every imaginable screw and bolt variety. You be able to find something with an oversized head, or even washers that conform to the shape of flathead screws. (Roundhead screws with flat washers don't look so good).

Old 08-28-2017, 08:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any idea what the square piece is for?