F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Quarter Light Trims unstuck.

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Rear Quarter Light Trims unstuck.

Hello, just bought a 2023 model F-Type P450 75 Edition in Eiger Grey, and the rear Black Quarter Light Trims on both sides have started to come away at the bottom leading edge. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it?

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,151 Likes on 1,441 Posts

Is there a reason not to let a dealer fix it under warranty?

Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I have contacted the Jaguar Dealership where I bought the car. They say they will get back to me with a date to book it in to replace them, but it's been over a week now since I reached out.

Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The same occurred on my car, a 2024. I wanted to swap to the aluminum from blackout anyway so took it as an opportunity to do so, but what a pain.

Interior requires extensive disassembly, but, worse, the part has a stud in the rear that is captive in the part but that is not secure at the stud's rear. When the part ships from warehouse to dealer, it gets jostled and this stud then damages the face of the part. Your dealer will have to order several times to get a usable part.

Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM
Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Happened to my 2024 F-Type on the driver side too. I'll get it fixed at the dealership at first maintenance. Apparently it's really common but I wonder why??

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...t-trim-249516/

Last edited by TangledThorns; Yesterday at 04:33 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Received 184 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon1967
Hello, just bought a 2023 model F-Type P450 75 Edition in Eiger Grey, and the rear Black Quarter Light Trims on both sides have started to come away at the bottom leading edge. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it?
So you had this exact same thing happen on the F-type you had before this one too I gather?

Old Today, 08:02 AM
Received 498 Likes on 201 Posts

The same thing happened on my 2018.
Now what infuriates me is that both sides of my 2022 are popping loose as well. This has to be a cronic problem that Jaguar has known about for years and yet they haven't bothered to fix the problem in at least four years.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

Anyone got a good picture of this issue to post up? Went and inspected my 2024, but I don't have the sense that there is anything wrong. I looked at the link posted by Tangled above...I believe the pictures there are supposed to covey a problem but I can't really see what is being talked about in those pictures...I must be blind...

Old Today, 10:55 AM
Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
Anyone got a good picture of this issue to post up? Went and inspected my 2024, but I don't have the sense that there is anything wrong. I looked at the link posted by Tangled above...I believe the pictures there are supposed to covey a problem but I can't really see what is being talked about in those pictures...I must be blind...
It's noticeable when it happens, especially if its one at a time because the trim lifts away from the body. Not enough to look like it'll fall off but enough to annoy, ugh. I read some have tried gluing them back in but I think the dealership should take care of it.

No idea how it happens, doesn't seem clipped in which could be why it happens.

Old Today, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by TangledThorns
It's noticeable when it happens, especially if its one at a time because the trim lifts away from the body. Not enough to look like it'll fall off but enough to annoy, ugh. I read some have tried gluing them back in but I think the dealership should take care of it.

No idea how it happens, doesn't seem clipped in which could be why it happens.
Not clipped in? Geez, that seems odd if that is the case. Do you know that for a fact?

I will keep an eye out for sure. It is hard to believe that they let this go on over so many model years. I had the impression Jag was pretty good for addressing issues on the line when they arose. I thought not doing so was reserved for GM ;-) They are really bad for that, the new Corvette being a perfect example. Bit disappointing to see some evidence now to the contrary.